All I can say is wow!

Criddy

I have heard some people saying that when they go from crocheting with thread to yarn it feels like they are working with rope and a baseball bat. Well I just found something that IS the size of rope and a baseball bat.

I would really love to work with this size.

120 a skein is toooooo much! And their hooks have no taper towards the back so I got a wicked pain in the pinky and down the hand. I had the kind gentleman at turn of the century make me one special and it works wonderfully! Not to mention it cost me $40 less for the hook. I loved using it with the old lion Big.

Well, ahem, those may be big but Diplohookticus Jimbosei has them beat hands down.

This shot was taken at a Portland Oregon LYS and you see from left to right, the founder of "The Crochet Liberation Front" Laurie and Rockpool Candy, world famous fiber sculptress, the LYS owners. The guy in the back you can ignore.. just some hick who came in to get warm.

post-3105-135897568279_thumb.jpg

WOW!!! That hook is awesome. Did they actually crochet something with it though?

Oh yeah. They crocheted part of a big spider web (the event was on Halloween. The idea was to get crochet into the Guinness book of records. Unfortunately the Guinness folks didn't think the hook was enough out of the ordinary. Go figure.

The hook the rag lady was using was I believe an S hook. I have one from Lion Brand mine is red,I made a shawl for my middle niece with it. It worked up fast but the fact that this was the ONLY thing I made with the hook should tell you something! :) It is hard to hold and my hand got tired super fast,maybe if I didn't have such small hands it would help. ;)

Oh that sucks that it isn't very easy to handle then :( If I had the funds I would have loved to tried it. But I prolly wont now after that review. Thank you Sockmad.

Archived