New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paula don't give up,my first square of clue 5 is HORRIBLE,I too was crocheting way too tight,I tend to do that. So I really concentrated on loosening up my stitches on my second square and it worked! :cheer Also I "blocked" as I went,just stretching the fabric a bit after each row. It can be done! :hook

Oh, Paula,- hang in there! I still don't have a Perfectly "square" square, but pretty close- and I've got 6 done- I do crochet loosely - and I think that is the key to this Clue.

We're all pulling for you!

I hope to be able to crochet tomorrow,I jammed my index and middle finger of my right hand,yup the one that holds the hook! Bit painful so been icing it and hope tomorrow it is not as ouchie. Oh meant to say I am doing the increase method for my squares,just makes more sense to me. :)

I hope to be able to crochet tomorrow,I jammed my index and middle finger of my right hand,yup the one that holds the hook! Bit painful so been icing it and hope tomorrow it is not as ouchie. Oh meant to say I am doing the increase method for my squares,just makes more sense to me. :)

Oh, hope it feels better today !:hug

Agree- increase method makes more sense to me too:yes

So I was able to crochet and I tried the decrease square,not bad but I like the increase square better,less ends to weave in and with all the ends we did with #4 I think I will stick with the increase. :clap

I am so stinkin' excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay I actually made a square mitered square. :D So here's how I did it -

1. I really over exaggerated how loose I made the sc3tog. I mean, seriously loose to the point that I couldn't make it any looser.

2. I made the sc on the edges (beginning of each round) very loose also.

3. As I worked, I gradually loosened up all of my stitches.

4. I made the square from big to small. I'm going to try later to do the square small to big, but I almost don't want to jinx it since it worked. :lol

Here's a picture of my "square" square!

[ATTACH]29273[/ATTACH]

I did the same has you and it worked. I am happy now.

So I was able to crochet and I tried the decrease square,not bad but I like the increase square better,less ends to weave in and with all the ends we did with #4 I think I will stick with the increase. :clap

Maybe I'm a little dense today (or everyday), but how does working the increase leave less ends? The color changes are the same regardless of the direction, yes?

I was able to do a mostly "square" square! Several of mine are not good and a couple are really icky. But now I am getting them mostly square :)

I am crocheting them much looser particularly for the sc3tog. And I am also tugging them a bit as I go along.

I am working my last 7 in assembly line fashion ;)

post-22492-135897590146_thumb.jpg

Hope your hand is better today.

I was able to do a mostly "square" square! Several of mine are not good and a couple are really icky. But now I am getting them mostly square :)

I am crocheting them much looser particularly for the sc3tog. And I am also tugging them a bit as I go along.

I am working my last 7 in assembly line fashion ;)

Here are pics of my other 4 squares:

Great squares. I really am enjoying seeing how all these different color combinations look together.

I still have only 8 squares finished. I'm hoping to get a few more done tonight.

Maybe I'm a little dense today (or everyday), but how does working the increase leave less ends? The color changes are the same regardless of the direction, yes?

Nope not dense! I can only speak for myself but I have only 2 tails to weave in because when I do the color changes on the increase, I just crochet them in as I go. So when my square is finished I only have the tail at the beginning and the tail at the end!

Nope not dense! I can only speak for myself but I have only 2 tails to weave in because when I do the color changes on the increase, I just crochet them in as I go. So when my square is finished I only have the tail at the beginning and the tail at the end!

I'm doing it the same way while working from large to small. I guess I don't understand why working the reverse order would change anything.

I'm doing it the same way while working from large to small. I guess I don't understand why working the reverse order would change anything.

I tried to do it when I did it that way but it just wasn't "tucking in" right. For some reason it's easier for me this way and looks so much neater. Still not loving these squares tho! :blush

Well everyone, I'm only on my 6th square right now and the new clue comes out tomorrow :eek I'm hoping to finish #6 and also do #7 before I go to bed this evening. I'll see y'all tomorrow as I'm sure it will be hopping in here :lol

Archived