New Bernat Crochetalong - did you see this?

WVUAlesha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :coffee

I did start my clue 7 last night at the game :D I decided to go with the I hook right from the start. I thought back to clue 2 with the other grannies and how there were 6 rounds for 8 inches and I had to pull it really tight with the J to get it right and looked at this one with 13 rows for 16" So I put 2 and 2 together and determined that a little more than double the # rows for double the size, I'd have to pull tight again so am using my I AND pulling tight since there's the extra row and I'm not taking out a whole 16" square so it is what it is when I finish it :lol Which will be tonight :think

Braxxi - I also don't like 'holey' afghans :no But this is more for the fun of doing together and the mystery :yes

Sockmad - :hug about the wrong color

Paula - :cheer :cheer You're doing great!!!

Jenny - WTG, On that square I left off the last 2 rows I think and I liked it better anyways :think

Nicole - Interesting PB facts :lol Nice square :yes

Joanne - :yay for a good night's sleep

Erica - Nice square :yes

Just saw a note on the Bernat Blog from bernatyarns saying that they have more -Alongs (didn't specify knit or crochet) planned in the near future. The hints she gave said "Think charity and think babies" I sure hope they are for crochet since I don't knit. Things to look forward to!!!!!

Just saw a note on the Bernat Blog from bernatyarns saying that they have more -Alongs (didn't specify knit or crochet) planned in the near future. The hints she gave said "Think charity and think babies" I sure hope they are for crochet since I don't knit. Things to look forward to!!!!!

I saw that today, too. I also knit and wouldn't mind a KAL. A CAL is just a lovely as well. :yes

Paula- I think that is a great idea- take a break from those mitred squares!

I'm debating- clue 6 or clue 7 tonight? mmmmm not sure yet!!

I don't knit either, so it would be fun if there is another CAL! But not till after the holidays!!!

I'm starting clue 7 tonight. Here's pics of 5 and 6 (ignore the unwoven ends:D) I ended up going down to a J hook on #6; it's the first square I haven't used a K on.

They look beautiful!!!

I opted to start another Clue#6 last night- and only got 1/2 way done, before I got really tired. So opted for another good night of sleep. I'll have time over the weekend to get all caught up!

I'm starting clue 7 tonight. Here's pics of 5 and 6 (ignore the unwoven ends:D) I ended up going down to a J hook on #6; it's the first square I haven't used a K on.

Love these colors!!! :clap I also went down a hook size for clue 6 from all the rest :think

Your squares and colors are great, yarn geek!

It's going to be chilly this weekend. I plan on staying in with a hook (maybe some needles) and yarn. I might make some of my first mitered squares over again. I'm not sure yet though.

They look great, Trish! I love the colors you chose, too.

Thanks! I tried it with the suggested yarn, but was having a rough time getting all the colors. So I went and found that JoAnn's had Wool-Ease WW on sale and really liked the colors. They are Wheat, Rose Heather, Dk Rose Heather, Mink Brown and Forest Green Heather. I am way behind on getting all the squares done, but I wanted to do at least one of each:eek. Hopefully I'll have time to catch up now.

Thanks, everybody!

Trish, your squares look great! Can't wait to see it put together.

I'm still working on clue seven. At the beginning of this CAL, I had problems making gauge because I crochet tight. It's definately been a lesson in loosening up. Apparently, I've learned how to loosen up too well.:lol I started this square with my usual K hook and did the first six rows- too big. No problem- went down to a J hook and did the first 6 rows. Still too big! Whaa...?:think Ok, time to break out the I hook. Got through row six, and it was on gauge. *sweet!* Breezed through rows seven and eight, went to change color for row nine annnndddd.... -screeech!- :oops Doh! I used color B in place of color D. :frog:sigh You'd think I'd have learned by now to double check my letter/color list!:lol On the plus side, the square is growing on me. I've never been a fan of huge granny squares, but I find myself contemplating making a giant granny square throw.... I should at least have one under my crocheting experience belt, right?

Thanks, everybody!

Trish, your squares look great! Can't wait to see it put together.

I'm still working on clue seven. At the beginning of this CAL, I had problems making gauge because I crochet tight. It's definately been a lesson in loosening up. Apparently, I've learned how to loosen up too well.:lol I started this square with my usual K hook and did the first six rows- too big. No problem- went down to a J hook and did the first 6 rows. Still too big! Whaa...?:think Ok, time to break out the I hook. Got through row six, and it was on gauge. *sweet!* Breezed through rows seven and eight, went to change color for row nine annnndddd.... -screeech!- :oops Doh! I used color B in place of color D. :frog:sigh You'd think I'd have learned by now to double check my letter/color list!:lol On the plus side, the square is growing on me. I've never been a fan of huge granny squares, but I find myself contemplating making a giant granny square throw.... I should at least have one under my crocheting experience belt, right?

:hug :hug I used my I hook for this one and clue 6 and a J for clues 1-5. Well I was being overly cautious and am at the last color which will be too small so I'm going to have 2 rounds in the last color and make it up because I'm not going to take it out (but it's easier to make it bigger at the end than make it smaller, so I lucked out on that aspect :yes ) You'll get it right though :D:yes:hug :hug :hug

Nice job Marisa!! Love your color combo!!!

I'm going to work on the last 2 clue 6's and then hopefully get #7 done too. If not, Clue 7 will be done in the morning.

Off to grab the hook and yarn!

After seeing all of the variety I am excited to see all of the afghans completed. I cannot believe we are almost finished.

I put my 16" squares off until today since there are just two. :lol I may lay my squares out and get a good look at them together like everyone else has done.

Enjoy the day everyone! :clap

Finished clue #6 and #7. My #7 ended up a tad larger than 16X16, but I did put other squares next to it as I am assuming that will be the center square and I'm sure I'll be able to get them joined. I used an I hook (I crochet loosely) for all the squares except for Clue #4 (the stripes) where I used a J.

post-27163-135897594821_thumb.jpg

Archived