First Shawl

gshall

While in Medina OH, I went into a knitting shop and fell in love with a skein of yawn. Though I have never purchased yawn that expensive before I bought it. The owner of the store told me one skein would make a scarf - but since it was a knitting store the only patterns they had were for knitting. I really wanted to make a shawl, not a scarf, so my search began for one I could make with 470 yards. I finally found this on the Lion Brand website - it's call Sweet Scallops Shawl. I didn't follow the patten exactly because it called for more yarn than I had, and in a heavier weight. But, I am very happy with my results.

post-34479-135897564664_thumb.jpg

post-34479-135897564665_thumb.jpg

That yarn store has been here for awhile now and I have yet to check it out. Mostly because I've been trying to bust my stash a bit. Now I'm getting a strong urge to go thanks to you. lol

Your shawl is beautiful. :D Love the colorway of the yarn. What brand and type of yarn was it, if you don't mind my asking?

Your shawl is gorgeous! Now I am going to have to try that pattern....see what you made me do? :lol Now I need to look for some yarn :P

The colors in your shawl are stunning! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I feel so bad - I don't know! What I can tell you is that it is hand dyed cotton and each of the yarns in that series are named for a famous American woman. Medina is about an hour away, or I would go and get the info. Maybe if Belinda makes it to the store, she can check it out.

Well, now that I have a mission I'm going to have to make a trip into town. :D How bad is everyone's need to know about the yarn? Do I have to go ASAP and report back, or can I wait until after the first? If I wait until after the first I might have a bit more spending money. Otherwise I just have to pet the pretty yarn and drool. lol

• 1 year later...

Archived