First Fair Contest Results

For the first time ever I entered some of my crocheted items in a Fair. We went today to see how they did. I entered 6 items and I won 5 Blue Ribbons and 1 Red Ribbon. I was so excited!! All except the Sunburst Doilyghan are my own design. The brown V-Stitch shawl is the one that got the red ribbon....I knew I should have entered the pink one, lol.

Enjoy!

post-13117-135897562396_thumb.jpg

post-13117-135897562398_thumb.jpg

post-13117-1358975624_thumb.jpg

post-13117-135897562404_thumb.jpg

post-13117-135897562406_thumb.jpg

post-13117-135897562408_thumb.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!

:cheer:clap:yay

I enjoyed seeing your creations and they are ribbon winners for sure. You should be proud of your work. Thanks for sharing.

Like I've said before, "I always thought the county fair was for farmers and their families." It took me 60 years to enter my first fair and what a HOOT! I missed entering the last two years because of my husbands health but I plan on doing it again some day.

Thanks all! It was fun to see they all won ribbons. But most of the crocheted items won a ribbon, a lot of blues, a lot of reds, and some white. I thought only the best out of all would get a blue and then maybe a few reds and a few whites. It seems more of a school grading system....A, B, or C. But that's fine too....I am thrilled with mostly A's, lol.

My parents are very proud too. The blanket of the car is my father's Mustang. I made it for him last year and both my parents were so sad to give it up for the week, especially since they have a big race this weekend and they like to have the blanket with them in the motorhome. But they are proud that it now has a blue ribon and they can have it back in a few more days.

This is our 3rd time going to the Fair as adults. I went a few times as a kid with my Dad. Now we take our kids and my in-laws have come each time. The kids love the rides and the animals. It's like a little family tradition now. :-)

Congratulations, Kristy. While I love all of your entries, I can see why you parents were sad to give up the car afghan for a week. I think I can hear your parents now bragging about how their daughter made it for them and it has won a blue ribbon in the fair. Fairs are fun and I am glad you and your family are enjoying it.

Thanks! I believe it was from Celt's Vintage Crochet site on yahoo groups. It is called Sunburst Pineapple Doily. I used Caron Simply Soft in Off-White instead of thread so it would be a lapghan size. I did add another 4 rounds or so just to make it bigger. I took away 1 chain wherever there was supposed to be a ch 2. There are a few mistakes, but I just did a search on here and someone posted some corrections to the pattern. :-)

Archived