New to Crochet!

Milotis78

Hi, I'm Samantha, and I've just begun to crochet. I taught myself not quite two weeks ago using the Maran Illustrated Knitting and Crocheting book ... it's a great book! My first crochet project was a granny square baby blanket that took me about 8 hours to complete, and measures 33"x33". Now I'm working on another granny square project, but this time it's an afghan for my daughter. It will have, once it's finished 24 15"x15" granny squares and measure 60"x90" ... I'm on square 3.

I have two children; a son (3.5 yrs old) and a daugher (2 yrs old), and am married to a wonderful man who puts up with my yarn, needle and hook addiction. I knit as well as crochet ... I learned to knit first, but I'm still fairly new at that as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully pick up a few tricks of the trade!

:cheer

Welcome from an Alabama Crocheter :yay

The afghan is very nice. You are starting off great :cheer

My first project back in 1992 was a granny square afghan also. It's a great pattern to start on.

I know you will love it here.

Happy Crocheting,

Debbie

Bonjour Samantha!! :waving Welcome to Crochetville from a former Michigander now living across the deap blue in the land of chocolate, frites, beer and really expensive yarn!! :lol Glad to have you join us! :hug

Hi Samantha welcome and you did a wonderful job on your first project, the blanket looks great. Have fun here with us and enjoy the posts, patterns and just the fact your amongst friends that love crochet too :hug

hi Samantha :welcome to crochetville that is a lovely blanket you did for your first project does not look like a beginner either. well done :clap:cheer i only learnt to crochet last dec and have made many things now totally :hooked

Welcome! :yay I am new here too. I have been crocheting for about 7 years and my first project was also a baby blanket done in the granny square patterns, but I made it in blue for my cousin's little boy. I do have to admit that mine took *much* longer than 8 hours. :lol

Hi Samantha! Welcome to Crochetville! We're glad you joined us.

That's a very impressive project after just two weeks - great job! :clap

You'll find lots of friends & inspiration here - welcome!

:bounce

Hilarie

Hi Samantha and WELCOME! I know you will have fun here....I know I do. (Sorry for the belated welcome, but I've been away from the computer for a couple of days)

Archived