Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Hi ladies....I haven't posted lately but do try to keep up with all the chatter......

Without further ado.......the CASA....given to my BF for Christmas (sorry about the delay, I'm a terrible procratinator)

new015.jpg

And my new grandson, Little Jeffery, born Jan 9th......7 lbs and 9 oz

new034.jpg

:clapYour grandson is beautiful!!

your CASA turn out GREAT!!! :yay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the kind words.....and did you notice that the little guy is sucking on his fingers?.....lol

I have the urge to *gasp* do another CASA in greens.......what am I thinking? No I really did enjoy making the first one, and this would be for me so no hurry on finishing it.......hmmmmmm now to decide if I really want to.

I have the urge to *gasp* do another CASA in greens.......what am I thinking? No I really did enjoy making the first one, and this would be for me so no hurry on finishing it.......hmmmmmm now to decide if I really want to.

Oh, my! Wow! Not me! :no Although I am considering doing the Lady of the Lotus again, but as a quilt this time. :yes I'm going to take a break from the saltine sewing and make some preemie ghans this weekend. :manyheart

Morning everyone. It's very gloomy here today. I think it has stopped raining though. It'd be a perfect day to curl up and crochet. But no, I'm stuck working. Stupid bills :D

Thanks everyone for the kind words.....and did you notice that the little guy is sucking on his fingers?.....lol

:lol :lol I'm think of doing one in greens too because my sister keeps saying to me "that casablanca is really sharp...bet that'd look good in green...yes I'd like to have one of those in green" Now how's that for a subtle hint? :rofl

Aaah, Laura Lee... if you did decide to do it, you could join me in the Row A Day CAL and just keep going a little at a time....

I need a few more people to wield the :tryme at.... :rofl

You'll be wielding it at me on either the 2nd or the 3rd. Depends on how much of a saltine frenzy I get into when we start the angel on Sunday :lol I haven't done a new saltine project in ages! :eek

Morning everyone. It's very gloomy here today. I think it has stopped raining though. It'd be a perfect day to curl up and crochet. But no, I'm stuck working. Stupid bills :D

Oh what a terrible waste of a perfect crochet day! :cry Stupid jobs getting in the way of hooking :hook

I've been up since 6:45 :tired Early doctor's appointment. It was over quickly though so that's good. Now for some breakfast and to decide if I want a nap or not. My guess is yes :lol

Aaah, Laura Lee... if you did decide to do it, you could join me in the Row A Day CAL and just keep going a little at a time....

No, not the bat!!!!!!

I think I will be finishing up a couple wips that I have first.

Crochet baby blanket for my son's Doctor- due in May

Knit baby blanket for no particular reason other that I liked the yarn...

And a work in mind is a knit cotton blanket for my bed. I might change it to crochet but I'm not sure yet.

And I have started a very long term project out of thread...I liked Cara's GT pattern so much that I have decided to make a table runner or table cloth out of this square...It's gonna be heavy but beautiful...I have about 40 or so made already, just haven't joined any yet.....

And about 20 other WIMS.....lol

Thank you all for your concern about my health. :manyheart I love ya'll. :ghug

Hi Tabby! I hope you're feeling better. :hug

Oh, the Casa would be gorgeous in greens! Since Cara's sister wants one, you could both make one at the same time. :D

Oh, my! Wow! Not me! :no Although I am considering doing the Lady of the Lotus again, but as a quilt this time. :yes I'm going to take a break from the saltine sewing and make some preemie ghans this weekend. :manyheart

You are smarter than me. :lol I'm going to have the Penguin and Angel going at the same time. :eek

Ohhh a nap sounds sooo good! I can't even do that after work. We're going to the hockey game tonight! :cheer

Hi Val ~ have fun at the game. :yes

:lol :lol I'm think of doing one in greens too because my sister keeps saying to me "that casablanca is really sharp...bet that'd look good in green...yes I'd like to have one of those in green" Now how's that for a subtle hint? :rofl

I've been up since 6:45 :tired Early doctor's appointment. It was over quickly though so that's good. Now for some breakfast and to decide if I want a nap or not. My guess is yes :lol

Yep! You and Laura Lee can make a green Casa at the same time. :lol I hope everything went okay at the doctor's.:manyheart

Laura Lee - The GT would make a very nice pattern for a table runner I think :yes Wendy made a HUGE tablecloth for her mom using the square and it's lovely!

Howdy Miss Mary! :hi Won't be doing that green Casa any time soon that's for sure. But I sure am itching to start the angel :hook Doctor went very well. He thinks this numbness I've been having isn't neurological :yay He thinks it's just the fibro. But gonna have an MRI and an EEG just to make sure because I'm sort of having seizure symptoms again :rolleyes Time will tell but I feel much better after seeing him :D Thank you so much for asking :hug

Off for a nappy poo now :sleep

Here is this week's scorecard. :hook As always, please let me know if I've made any mistakes.

Cara (Misa)

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Donna (sewnsew) 1337

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Val (Priszm) 837

Wendy (Aussie) ***812

Heather (hseger) 791

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***771

Denise (denisethorpe) 717

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 437

Mary (Skysmom) *** 362

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 190

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Jessica (jessicagil) 97

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Selanda (crocrazy) 22

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Cara, I'm so glad the dr. was able to ease your mind a bit! Hopefully, the numbness will go away soon. :hug

Okay, back to the desk...DH is home and we have a "system" for dealing with MIL's paperwork and his expense accounts for work. Gee, almost like it was when I worked as his Office Manager and did the books - except I got paid then. :lol

And I have started a very long term project out of thread...I liked Cara's GT pattern so much that I have decided to make a table runner or table cloth out of this square...It's gonna be heavy but beautiful...I have about 40 or so made already, just haven't joined any yet.....

Oh, I never thought of making the square in thread...I'll bet that looks beautiful!

Pictures, please;)

Some recession busting tips (which have been used even when not in recession :lol), when children get bored with their toys or outgrow them, the box they get kept in, is just as much, if not more, fun. :D

th_100_1655.jpg clicky

th_100_1656.jpg

th_100_1658.jpg

Adorable! Works well with cats too :lol

Cara, I'm so glad the dr. was able to ease your mind a bit! Hopefully, the numbness will go away soon. :hug

Okay, back to the desk...DH is home and we have a "system" for dealing with MIL's paperwork and his expense accounts for work. Gee, almost like it was when I worked as his Office Manager and did the books - except I got paid then. :lol

Tell him you need a raise! :lol

Some recession busting tips (which have been used even when not in recession :lol), when children get bored with their toys or outgrow them, the box they get kept in, is just as much, if not more, fun. :D

th_100_1655.jpg clicky

th_100_1656.jpg

th_100_1658.jpg

Oh how cute is that! :rofl They are just too adorable for words!

Adorable! Works well with cats too :lol

Yes, it does as a matter of fact :lol

And about 20 other WIMS.....lol

Oh I love that square and it would look great in thread. Remember to leave a long enough tail to sew them together with. :yes

th_100_1655.jpg clicky

th_100_1656.jpg

th_100_1658.jpg

Oh how gorgeous they are playing in the box.

Tracy~They are way too cute. :manyheart Jaden is 6 & still loves his boxes. :yes

Mary~Hello! :hug I'm feeling about the same but am on medicine now (even had the 1st dose right in the tush :scared). I haven't been to work in two days & I have the next 3 off. :cheer Lots of time to relax & :hook. Thanks for the concern. :manyheart

Cara~I'm glad the Dr.'s appt. went well. :hug

Laura Lee your Casa is just beautiful and your grandson is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

I cant believe its FEB 1st tomorrow. Its nearly time to start the Angel ghan :woo

Yes!! :woo:dance Of course, it'll be Sunday for you much earlier than it will be for us :lol

Tracy~They are way too cute. :manyheart Jaden is 6 & still loves his boxes. :yes

Mary~Hello! :hug I'm feeling about the same but am on medicine now (even had the 1st dose right in the tush :scared). I haven't been to work in two days & I have the next 3 off. :cheer Lots of time to relax & :hook. Thanks for the concern. :manyheart

Was just gonna ask that. Glad you have some time off to recouperate :hug

Oh another one thats fantastic. You and Cara will have loads of fun doing a green Casa. :D

If you give me the bat I would have someone to wield the bat at :rofl

Laura Lee - The GT would make a very nice pattern for a table runner I think :yes Wendy made a HUGE tablecloth for her mom using the square and it's lovely!

Howdy Miss Mary! :hi Won't be doing that green Casa any time soon that's for sure. But I sure am itching to start the angel :hook Doctor went very well. He thinks this numbness I've been having isn't neurological :yay He thinks it's just the fibro. But gonna have an MRI and an EEG just to make sure because I'm sort of having seizure symptoms again :rolleyes Time will tell but I feel much better after seeing him :D Thank you so much for asking :hug

Off for a nappy poo now :sleep

Im glad all went well at the doctors. Did you buy your green yarn for your green casa yet.

Yes!! :woo:dance Of course, it'll be Sunday for you much earlier than it will be for us :lol

Oh yes I could have gotten a day ahead of you in the saltine making couldnt I, where was my head today, oh yes thats right in the pogo site it was. :yes:lol busy playing pogo games.

Archived