Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hey Shelly! I am a February baby too. I turn 44 on the 16th. :whewBut I am ok w/it. I really had a hard time w/ turning 35 because I felt I should have been married w/a family by then and I wasn't but now I am pretty much over that. Although I still want together married.

Linda, your ghan is coming along nicely. Very pretty work!

Have a great day!

And at 60 you're just happy to be alive:lol:lol:lol

Heck, with my health I'm happy to be alive at 43 :lol I stayed up til midnight and said to BD, "Okay I'm officially 43 today as far as obits are concerned. I'm going to bed." :rofl :rofl

Andrea, the Painted Desert is one of the patterns that I made up. It's for me, too. So with all the Christmas gifts I've been working on, it's just been sitting on the daybed waiting for me to get back to it. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, because it has 8 4-color squares in every block of the pattern. Here's a picture of it with 2 of the 5 rows of blocks done. Each individual block is identical. The overall pattern is achieved by how you put the blocks together. I have no idea what I'm going to do for a border on it.

DCP_1413-1.jpgDCP_1375.jpg

THAT'S the next one I'd like to see featured on HYH (hint hint) :D

Thank you so much for all the b-day wishes! :manyheart I feel very much loved :2hug

Unfortunately, I get to start my day with a trip to the rheumatologist :irk It was supposed to be tomorrow but they had to change it to this morning. Oh well, hopefully it'll be quick and I'll be in and out and can come home and start to prepare my b-day feast :D

Andrea, the Painted Desert is one of the patterns that I made up. It's for me, too. So with all the Christmas gifts I've been working on, it's just been sitting on the daybed waiting for me to get back to it. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, because it has 8 4-color squares in every block of the pattern. Here's a picture of it with 2 of the 5 rows of blocks done. Each individual block is identical. The overall pattern is achieved by how you put the blocks together. I have no idea what I'm going to do for a border on it.

All I can say is WOW!!!

That is so awesome! :clap

Cara I love your wry sense of humor - I would love having you for a neighbor!

:wink

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful b-day wishes :2hug

Today has been going really well so far. My hair came out perfect :tup My sed rate is down to 19. It was 58 two months ago :eek (sed rate determines the amount of inflammation in ones body) And I got rated a 4!!!!! I've never been rated a 4! :dance:woo I'm always a 7 or 8. (this is on a 1-10 scale...10 being can't hardly get out bed) Upped my fibro meds though :( Said that's not doing well. But I was 4!!! :dance

Now to check the other thread real quick and then make my cake :jumpyay

:hi all. I am waiting patiently for 1 Feb to start the Angel. :yes Maybe I will be finished with a couple other things by then.

Denise is busy with saltines, she is making a ghan with a horse on it. :hook

Did she make up one with a horse using saltines? I've had lots of requests for that but I can't get it to work right :irk

She starting making the horse for Aunt Lydia's zoo, but her holes were too big for a toy (stuffing would come out), so she has turned it into a saltine ghan. Hmmm, thinking about it, that might actually be a donkey? :think She just made up some background, I think she took a tree and the school from the Bus cuddle and put it in. I think she converted the school into a barn. I will ask her to scan and show you the picture tomorrow. :D

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Hey Shelly! I am a February baby too. I turn 44 on the 16th. :whewBut I am ok w/it. I really had a hard time w/ turning 35 because I felt I should have been married w/a family by then and I wasn't but now I am pretty much over that. Although I still want together married.

Linda, your ghan is coming along nicely. Very pretty work!

Have a great day!

You are two days older that I am :D

Love it, Linda! It's gorgeous. :cheer

:wink

Thank you, thank you for all the wonderful b-day wishes :2hug

Today has been going really well so far. My hair came out perfect :tup My sed rate is down to 19. It was 58 two months ago :eek (sed rate determines the amount of inflammation in ones body) And I got rated a 4!!!!! I've never been rated a 4! :dance:woo I'm always a 7 or 8. (this is on a 1-10 scale...10 being can't hardly get out bed) Upped my fibro meds though :( Said that's not doing well. But I was 4!!! :dance

Now to check the other thread real quick and then make my cake :jumpyay

Great news on your special day, Cara. :manyheart

:hi all. I am waiting patiently for 1 Feb to start the Angel. :yes Maybe I will be finished with a couple other things by then.

Denise is busy with saltines, she is making a ghan with a horse on it. :hook

Hi Miss Tracy. :) I'm waiting patiently, too...and working on Mr. Penguin. :hook Tell Denise Hi from us!

DH is on his way home from the airport. :yay I even have meals planned for several days, because I'm so out of the habit of cooking. :lol

I'm reporting 62 solid and 2 bi-color squares. :hook I've joined the first row and am working on the second.

Cara - I liked the horse design you had before - he was really good!

He's just still got one funky leg that I can't figure out :lol I may go back to him this weekend and fuss with it a bit more. It's been a few months and maybe something will just click :yes

She starting making the horse for Aunt Lydia's zoo, but her holes were too big for a toy (stuffing would come out), so she has turned it into a saltine ghan. Hmmm, thinking about it, that might actually be a donkey? :think She just made up some background, I think she took a tree and the school from the Bus cuddle and put it in. I think she converted the school into a barn. I will ask her to scan and show you the picture tomorrow. :D

That will be very interesting to see! I love that idea :clap

Tracy, I can't believe neither one of us have made one yet...my only problem is working with black so I make those when it's daylight. :yes

Cara ~ What are you making for your Birthday dinner?

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, blackeyed peas, gravy and biscuits :drool Didn't have the right kind of icing for the kinds of cake I can make so I made brownies instead :lol That'll work out better though. BD will actually eat brownies and that way I don't end up eating all of them :lol

I just received a $25 Walmart gift card from my sister from another town. :yay That's just enough to get the yarn I need for the angel :yay

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, blackeyed peas, gravy and biscuits :drool Didn't have the right kind of icing for the kinds of cake I can make so I made brownies instead :lol That'll work out better though. BD will actually eat brownies and that way I don't end up eating all of them :lol

I just received a $25 Walmart gift card from my sister from another town. :yay That's just enough to get the yarn I need for the angel :yay

Yum! Years ago when I cooked a big dinner every night, that was Monday dinner with fried okra instead of blackeyed peas. Every once in a while, DH asks for my cream gravy.:D Congratulations on the gift card!

Archived