Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I have been wanting to do one of these quilts for a year now.

Is there a time frame as to when you need to start and have it finished?

Please let me know so I can see if I can get this worked in.

I'm in trouble if there is :lol Which one are you planning on doing?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laura Lee ~ Hi again! Oh, we can't wait to see your Casa. And congratulations on the upcoming arrival. :c9

Tabby ~ Wow! You really have had too much winter already. :eek We're having freezing rain and thunder today - thank goodness I didn't have to go anywhere. I hope you've had some crochet time. :yes

Linda ~ It does feel good to get back to a routine after the Holidays. WTG on your very own snowflake design!

Hi Val. :)

I'm not even close to being caught up around here, but am going to crochet this afternoon. :cheer I think there are 6 more rows to do on the IC border. :think

DH left this a.m. for the week. I sure do love him, but he's been home for three weeks and I'm looking forward to not cooking and having more time to crochet. :)

I hear ya on that! BD went back to work this morning after 2 weeks off. Love him to death but I just don't get anything done except goofing off when he's home :lol

Hi Mary. :manyheart We did have a good Christmas. How was yours? We have just been spending our time trying to stay warm. We've already had 2 power outages lasting longer then 30 hours each. :eek It's going to be a long winter.

Have a great day!! :hug

Oh dear. Power outages in the winter are not fun. We went through that in NY too. Seems to be a "normal" occurance in some areas. Stay warm :hug

I have been wanting to do one of these quilts for a year now.

Is there a time frame as to when you need to start and have it finished?

Please let me know so I can see if I can get this worked in.

Nope, just jump right in and travel at your own pace! Welcome to the group :hug

I think there are 6 more rows to do on the IC border. :think

:cheer:clap

Laura Lee - Glad to see you :hug So, when's the new grandbaby due to arrive?

Linda - Sounds like several of us have been sidetracked with the man of house around :lol

Very cold, rainy and dreary around here today. Just my kinda weather :D I have all the blocks for the GT sewn together into two halves. Today I'll sew the two halves together and start on the border. Hopefully, I'll be done before bedtime tomorrow :hook

Melody - just so you aren't worried... some of us aren't even traveling at a snail's pace - we've moved off onto the side of the course! :rofl

:lol :lol

Yup, it's called the cheering squad without pompoms, she waves a :tryme around instead. :wink (Krystal, we love you for it anyway :D)

"cheering squad without pompoms" :rofl I like that :lol

This is my 10,000th post in just over 2 years :eek I can't believe that on some level :lol

But I'm using it to say thank you once again to everyone in the EHH CAL! These last two years have been the best of my life! I cannot tell y'all how grateful I am to have your love, support and input :manyheart You've kept me motivated and encouraged and for that I am eternally grateful!

So enough of that before K gets the willies :lol Just a great big thank you to all the Happy House Ladies :2hug I expect the next two years will be even better!

This is my 10,000th post in just over 2 years :eek I can't believe that on some level :lol

But I'm using it to say thank you once again to everyone in the EHH CAL! These last two years have been the best of my life! I cannot tell y'all how grateful I am to have your love, support and input :manyheart You've kept me motivated and encouraged and for that I am eternally grateful!

So enough of that before K gets the willies :lol Just a great big thank you to all the Happy House Ladies :2hug I expect the next two years will be even better!

Oh, Cara, you have given us so much by sharing your lovely patterns with us and encouraging us. I've learned so very much from you about crocheting and creating patterns with saltines. Thank you! :hug

Thank you, Cara. I know many of us feel the same way. :ghug

Man, it's taking me forever to go around this ghan with the border rows. :lol I've never been a super fast crocheter, and may have gotten ever slower. ;)

We have ice on the trees and bushes, but it should be gone by noon tomorrow. My neighbor said there was some ice on bridges when she came home from work. Scary! Back to the border. :crocheting

Wow.. I haven't been here very long. and I have yet to finish a blanket. But I love to come here daily and read all the posts!! It puts a smile:D on my face. I keep having other project that keep coming up so I haven't gotten back to my saltines. Maybe by February..??:eek

I really enjoy everyone here!!:hug

Michele

Melody - just so you aren't worried... some of us aren't even traveling at a snail's pace - we've moved off onto the side of the course! :rofl

:rofl

Yup, it's called the cheering squad without pompoms, she waves a :tryme around instead. :wink (Krystal, we love you for it anyway :D)

Cara congratulations on 10000 posts thats just amazing. :clap:hug

mwaaaaahhhhh - aaaarargggh!!!!

Cara's getting all sloppy mushY! Good thing it will be another 2 years before she hits 20, 000!

Oh Krystal do you need a huggie wuggie too. :hug:lol I bet you will beat Cara to the 20000th post.

Oh my, Wendy has corrupted Priszm now. :lol

Who me. surely not :lol

Good Morning ladies. :manyheart

Howdy doody Tabby. :hi

I've only got 4 going on right now :lol Two Irish Chains, the baby rings mile a minute, an H bag for the contest and a Prairie Star. Hey, that makes 5 doesn't it? Guess I can't count :lol

Are you sure you only have 5, your supposed to have 10. I guess your going to have to find some more wips, do you need help with that. :rofl

Thank you, Cara. I know many of us feel the same way. :ghug

Man, it's taking me forever to go around this ghan with the border rows. :lol I've never been a super fast crocheter, and may have gotten ever slower. ;)

We have ice on the trees and bushes, but it should be gone by noon tomorrow. My neighbor said there was some ice on bridges when she came home from work. Scary! Back to the border. :crocheting

Oh dont you just hate doing the borders. It took me a few days to do the GT tablecloth border. Ice on the trees would make a good picture. I wouldnt want to drive on the icey roads though .:no Hope your neighbor or anyone else there is safe while on the roads.

Ice? Did someone mention ICE? Woke up and our fishpond is FROZEN! The only section not frozen is where the water flows in from the pumps. I have taken some photos, will upload soon. According to the radio this morning it was -6*C overnight. :wbrr

I have taken a photo of the ATW, just before the batteries went flat. Will show that too. :hook

Are you sure you only have 5, your supposed to have 10. I guess your going to have to find some more wips, do you need help with that. :rofl

Uh, that's soon to be 6 :lol I decided I wanted to make ME a shawl for our cruise in 2 weeks. I tend to be a freeze baby and I like the idea of a shawl. I've been eyeing the Angelika pattern, then I found one I like better, this one. I dragged DBF to Michael's last night (I really needed another 2 skeins for my H bag for the Vanna's contest!) and picked up in Vanna's Silver and Colonial (pretty sure it's that one) blue. I got those planning on doing the Angelika. Now I'm debating doing these for the Bead Shawl. I'm thinking the Silver Blue for the body and something different for the edge in the Colonial Blue. I saw it on Ravelry and someone did it in a kinda rainbow fuzzy yarn and it was so pretty. I'm planning on a quick dash to Joann's for the beads today, so I need to hurry up and decide :think

Good morning, everyone.

Wow.. I haven't been here very long. and I have yet to finish a blanket. But I love to come here daily and read all the posts!! It puts a smile:D on my face. I keep having other project that keep coming up so I haven't gotten back to my saltines. Maybe by February..??:eek

I really enjoy everyone here!!:hug

Michele

Michele, you are welcome to drop in any time. Looking forward to seeing what you're doing with the saltines.

Morning all. Here is a picture of the finished ATW, version 2. It is nice and warm. :D

th_100_1617.jpg clickable

Wow! That's lovely, Tracy.

Uh, that's soon to be 6 :lol I decided I wanted to make ME a shawl for our cruise in 2 weeks. I tend to be a freeze baby and I like the idea of a shawl. I've been eyeing the Angelika pattern, then I found one I like better, this one. I dragged DBF to Michael's last night (I really needed another 2 skeins for my H bag for the Vanna's contest!) and picked up in Vanna's Silver and Colonial (pretty sure it's that one) blue. I got those planning on doing the Angelika. Now I'm debating doing these for the Bead Shawl. I'm thinking the Silver Blue for the body and something different for the edge in the Colonial Blue. I saw it on Ravelry and someone did it in a kinda rainbow fuzzy yarn and it was so pretty. I'm planning on a quick dash to Joann's for the beads today, so I need to hurry up and decide :think

More power to you, Priszm. The beaded one is lovely, but not something I could whip up on short notice. Go girl.

Tracy - you ATW version is very nice!

Let's see...we have....

Wendy the Enabler

Cara the Creator

Me, the Enforcer

Linda the Caregiver

Tabby the Icemaker

:rofl Anybody else wanna choose a "clan name" :rofl

:lol:rofl:lol:rofl:lol

Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)

Tracy, your ATW is beautiful! I really like the colors you chose. :cheer

Hi Michele!

Val, the shawl colors sound lovely. And only 2 weeks til the cruise - I bet you are both really excited. :yes

The ice is completely gone! The wind changed during the night and it actually warmed up a bit. Fine with me because I have several errands to take care of.

Hi to those I've missed, too. :manyheart

Archived