Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Wow 27 rows already and is that with 250 stitches, man your fast.

Yep, 250 stitches each row. Takes me about 12-15 minutes to do a row.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will be finished in no time the way your going. :cheer

Trying to do what I can now. I start back to work in a week so crochet time will be cut way down then.

Good morning. I'm awake, but barely.

Pickles, I love the stripe pattern you came up with.

Rosie and I are making a trip to JoAnn Fabrics this morning. Not sure what I'll come up with, but they've got a really good sale going on. :D

Almost forgot! 22 solids for me Mary!

Done! :)

Here is an updated picture of the garden quilt. I haven't worked on it since New Years Eve.

th_DSCN0056.jpg

pic is clickable

It's wonderful, Donna. You're almost there! :cheer

Morning all! I feel pretty darn good today so far. Alex seems to be a very content little thing unless hes hungry or dirty so that is helpful. Him and Daddy are back to sleep...I managed 4 hours last night YIPPEEE! My PUPPP stinks today though, its so itchy. Sadly Im on steroids for it cause creams pssssh they don't work. Im pleased with how our kitties are taking all this new stuff. They sniff him and Ninny gets all concerned when he fusses. Just wanted to let you guys know I was doing alrite. I may try some crochet today since DH is insisting I stay off my feet. Im terrible at staying off them when told to do so :oooops: Y'all have a lovely morning!

OOOOh I love this stripe thing!!!!! I've got about 35 rows done....but remember i'm going diagonal so they were short rows! :lol I know now though I would do a few things differently and need your ladies' help! The pattern I am using was from Lion Brand's website. It told me to do the increases the second stitch from the end. Well this causes the stripes to curve downwards at the ends. (does this make sense) so I started increasing sporatically but equally throughout. And it said to increase for 3 rows, then sc in each across. Well I thought this was making it a little wavy. So I am increasing for 2 rows, then sc across. Anyways, is there any harm in just putting the increase at the very end of every row, or is there a different method i can try to make the stripes look straight!!!

Good Morning, everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend. :yes

A trip to the store in a little while, then I'm going to crochet this afternoon no matter what else happens. :lol

Linda M, Wendy, Pickles...the stripe ghan is so great. I love the look of going into the spaces instead of the stitches. :crocheting Can't wait for pictures!

Linda, have fun at JoAnn's. :hook

Hi Erin! Things sound like they're going well. Yes! Stay off your feet when you can...and give little Alex a hug from all of us. :manyheart

Morning all! I feel pretty darn good today so far. Alex seems to be a very content little thing unless hes hungry or dirty so that is helpful. Him and Daddy are back to sleep...I managed 4 hours last night YIPPEEE! My PUPPP stinks today though, its so itchy. Sadly Im on steroids for it cause creams pssssh they don't work. Im pleased with how our kitties are taking all this new stuff. They sniff him and Ninny gets all concerned when he fusses. Just wanted to let you guys know I was doing alrite. I may try some crochet today since DH is insisting I stay off my feet. Im terrible at staying off them when told to do so :oooops: Y'all have a lovely morning!

:clap YAY Erin! Hopefully that content baby will stay that way like mine did! Make sure you nap when he does sometimes because that 4 hours won't last long! :hug

Linda M, Wendy, Pickles...the stripe ghan is so great. I love the look of going into the spaces instead of the stitches. :crocheting Can't wait for pictures!

Here you go, Mary. Photos are also on my blog. This is with 28 rows.

P1020393.JPG

Linda M, that is gorgeous! Well done.

Rosie and I had a great time at JoAnn's. I bought batting for the next quilt, which will be for Kim to cuddle in in her chair when the weather is cold. I also bought 30 fat quarters of quilt fabric in purples, golds, greens, browns and blacks. I've got lots of Christmas fabric, but didn't have much of anything else. I'll be doing a second quilt for Kim where the purples, greens, and browns will be important. That one has mountains, pine trees and deer in it.

It's raining now so I'm going to curl up with an audio book and some crochet after lunch. And maybe a big mug of hot chocolate, too.

Congrats on your lovely new son! And good luck with getting sleep now and in the future! :lol

Congrats on your lovely new son! And good luck with getting sleep now and in the future! :lol

Hahah! thanks! he is a cutie, but the whole sleep thing...I have insomnia + a hubby with a deviated septum so this isn't much different so far ;) Im probably gonna miss those mid day naps though

ok, Pickles, how did you figure out how to keep your picture? That pattern looks great!

I did a print screen of the site, then pasted it into paint and cropped what i wanted into a new paint screen. Then saved as a jpeg. I'm sure there is an easier way but it worked for me!

Oh it will look great diagonal. :yes I have started mine and am on the second row so far.

Ok, so the diagonal ended real quick. Can't figure out a way to keep the rows from looking wonky and a bit like half circles so i'm going to start decreasing and make it a pillow. :( It was all sc anyways and that would have take me ages. So i will use the same strip pattern but using the vintage stripes method instead. Same colors though.

Good morning. I'm awake, but barely.

Pickles, I love the stripe pattern you came up with.

Rosie and I are making a trip to JoAnn Fabrics this morning. Not sure what I'll come up with, but they've got a really good sale going on. :D

Thanks! I didn't come up with anything but the colors. The rest was some stripe generator I found.

P1020393.JPG

Looks FANTASTIC!!! :yay

OOOOh I love this stripe thing!!!!! I've got about 35 rows done....but remember i'm going diagonal so they were short rows! :lol I know now though I would do a few things differently and need your ladies' help! The pattern I am using was from Lion Brand's website. It told me to do the increases the second stitch from the end. Well this causes the stripes to curve downwards at the ends. (does this make sense) so I started increasing sporatically but equally throughout. And it said to increase for 3 rows, then sc in each across. Well I thought this was making it a little wavy. So I am increasing for 2 rows, then sc across. Anyways, is there any harm in just putting the increase at the very end of every row, or is there a different method i can try to make the stripes look straight!!!

I don't think it matters how/where you increase as long as it works for you. :hook

P1020393.JPG

It's beautiful, Linda! :cheer The colors look wonderful together.

Linda M, that is looking good. :yes

I am trying to finish the last of the saltines of the ATW and still deciding if going to make an afghan with all my leftovers. Or should I try to finish something else first? Decisions, decisions. :lol

Everyone have a good day. :D

Oh gee, I'm no help. :lol Making decisions is definitely not my strong suit.

Rosie and I had a great time at JoAnn's. I bought batting for the next quilt, which will be for Kim to cuddle in in her chair when the weather is cold. I also bought 30 fat quarters of quilt fabric in purples, golds, greens, browns and blacks. I've got lots of Christmas fabric, but didn't have much of anything else. I'll be doing a second quilt for Kim where the purples, greens, and browns will be important. That one has mountains, pine trees and deer in it.

It's raining now so I'm going to curl up with an audio book and some crochet after lunch. And maybe a big mug of hot chocolate, too.

Another productive shopping trip! Your afternoon spent crocheting sounds perfect. :yes

It's 82 degrees again. :eek The IC is big and warm, so I may work on something smaller...or turn the ac on. :)

Morning ladies :flower

Trust me it's morning for me :wink

Started just skimming the posts because y'all were talking about parts of Lost I've not gotten to yet :lol

Donna and Val - The blankies are looking great :clap

Decided to stay off here and buckle down on the GT yesterday. Well, I ran out of yarn before I ran out of afghan :lol Guess I didn't buy enough, huh? So today or tomorrow I have to see if I can't find some that'll match this dye lot. That's always fun :lol

Think today I'll start the baby blanket I have in mind instead :hook

Good morning everyone,

Im going to my Mums place today and will take the scrappy doo with me an the VS(vertical stripe).

Im glad you and the baby are doing well. Just rest and take it easy. :hug

Sorry it didnt work out.

Good Morning, everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend. :yes

A trip to the store in a little while, then I'm going to crochet this afternoon no matter what else happens. :lol

Linda, have fun at JoAnn's. :hook

Hi Erin! Things sound like they're going well. Yes! Stay off your feet when you can...and give little Alex a hug from all of us. :manyheart

Have fun at the store and enjoy your arvo crocheting.

P1020393.JPG

Wow that looks great so far. Colors go well together.

Linda M, that is looking good. :yes

I am trying to finish the last of the saltines of the ATW and still deciding if going to make an afghan with all my leftovers. Or should I try to finish something else first? Decisions, decisions. :lol

Everyone have a good day. :D

I would start something new. :D

Looks like your all set for quilting now. Do you have a pattern in mind for Kim.

Hi gang,

Just checking in. I didn't read any post. I have to run an errand. Will check in later. Hope everybody is doing well.

Howdy doody :hi

I don't think it matters how/where you increase as long as it works for you. :hook

Another productive shopping trip! Your afternoon spent crocheting sounds perfect. :yes

It's 82 degrees again. :eek The IC is big and warm, so I may work on something smaller...or turn the ac on. :)

Try and stay cool, I would put the ac on. :yes

Morning ladies :flower

Trust me it's morning for me :wink

Started just skimming the posts because y'all were talking about parts of Lost I've not gotten to yet :lol

Donna and Val - The blankies are looking great :clap

Decided to stay off here and buckle down on the GT yesterday. Well, I ran out of yarn before I ran out of afghan :lol Guess I didn't buy enough, huh? So today or tomorrow I have to see if I can't find some that'll match this dye lot. That's always fun :lol

Think today I'll start the baby blanket I have in mind instead :hook

Oh dear, I hope you can get the same yarn still. What baby blanket are you going to make.

Oh dear, I hope you can get the same yarn still. What baby blanket are you going to make.

One that currently only lives in my little head. This will involve much math which I'm not especially in the mood for :lol

Math? Did someone say Math?

I could help you out if you could let me know what you're trying to do.. :yes

I think I have it but I might be PMing you if it doesn't work :rofl

Archived