Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, maybe that's what I need, too - a little caffeine... I'm dragging this morning thanks to this cold the kids have shared with me...

Isnt it nice of your kids to share things with you.

Sorry must've missed that. Here's the Joseph's coat. I'm in a muted color mood of late :lol

On the angel I'm planning to use Windsor blue for the dress, gold or cornmeal for the band, burgundy or ILTYs cranberry for the border and aran or all that leftover Pounder Fisherman that I have left for the background.

Oh I like the Josephs coat pattern. When I saw that on your wim list I thought it was an actual coat pattern. :lol

Oh, Cara - that Joseph's coat is looking nifty!

And as for getting me to do a saltine project.... if you design a butterfly one JUST FOR ME, I'll do it. Nothing huge, please. ;) I've looked at some graphics and thought about making my own, but you're so much better at it than I am. :lol

If you have the book The great afghan book there is a square pattern in there of butterflies and a couple of the butterflies are a side view of them.

Strange, it pulled up for me. Try this link.

Oh that one is my favorite butterfly block :yes

Oh I like the Josephs coat pattern. When I saw that on your wim list I thought it was an actual coat pattern. :lol

Nope it's an old quilt pattern :lol It actually has several variations depending on which squares you color and how but that's the one I like best :yes

I've gotten laundry, dinner and more tidying up done. But other than that, nothing :lol We watched the 3rd Mummy movie and we're watching Lost now. I've never seen it. Kind of odd and started out slowly but it's not all that bad. So I've been watching that.

Sorry I haven't been around. Been busy all day then played me a few hours of pirates online. I sure do thinks I am addicted to that game.

Here is my finished Baby IC ghan. Not sure what to do with it yet. Might put it in the camphor chest with all the baby stuff Mum knitted and keep it for my girls for when they have kids, not sure yet.

Picture is clickable

th_PC300125.jpg

Very pretty!

Cara - joesephs coat is looking nice. I'll beat the bicolored granny yet!

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Happy New Year to Wendy! It's been a few years since we partied on New Year's Eve...we're going to be here with a big fire going and a special dinner. Does anyone have plans for tonight?

Karen, 37 more added to the list. :hook Are you almost finished?

Cara, the Angel and Joseph's Coat are both wonderful patterns. :cheer

I started the border on my IC yesterday evening and got one and a half rounds done. It's been a while since I made anything very big and this is going to take some time. :lol

I have to work until 9 then DBF and I are heading to some friends for a bonfire. I think I'm more excited about getting to have s'mores than anything :lol After all, there's nothing quite like roasting the marshmellow over a fire, then adding it to the graham cracker and chocolate. Then the chocolate gets all nice and melty. Yum!

I have to work until 9 then DBF and I are heading to some friends for a bonfire. I think I'm more excited about getting to have s'mores than anything :lol After all, there's nothing quite like roasting the marshmellow over a fire, then adding it to the graham cracker and chocolate. Then the chocolate gets all nice and melty. Yum!

Mmmmm, you're making me hungry :lol

Well, I watched TV all day yesterday. I never watch TV :lol I got 8 GT squares done while watching though so TV must be productive :lol

We're taking a little trip to BILs today so I won't be around a whole lot. Have a great day everyone :manyheart

I just had a lightbulb moment! I can enter DBF's dragon in the contest! It was made entirely of Vanna's Choice :cheer

Anyone have a sledge hammer I can borrow? I think I need to take one to work's servers. Every time we try to access a web based program we keep getting page cannot be displayed. It's very frustrating when the work is already overdue.

I just had a lightbulb moment! I can enter DBF's dragon in the contest! It was made entirely of Vanna's Choice :cheer

Anyone have a sledge hammer I can borrow? I think I need to take one to work's servers. Every time we try to access a web based program we keep getting page cannot be displayed. It's very frustrating when the work is already overdue.

That'd be cool to enter the dragon :clap Just remember though, if you get chosen as a finalist you have to send in the project :yes Yes, I know the rules to this contest just a little too well :lol

That'd be cool to enter the dragon :clap Just remember though, if you get chosen as a finalist you have to send in the project :yes Yes, I know the rules to this contest just a little too well :lol

Do we get them back? Hopefully we do. In which case, I'm sure he'd be willing to give it up for a little while :lol

Do we get them back? Hopefully we do. In which case, I'm sure he'd be willing to give it up for a little while :lol

See now that I don't know because the rules are kind of vague. I'm hoping so but if not I'm willing to let them keep them :yes

Sorry must've missed that. Here's the Joseph's coat. I'm in a muted color mood of late :lol

On the angel I'm planning to use Windsor blue for the dress, gold or cornmeal for the band, burgundy or ILTYs cranberry for the border and aran or all that leftover Pounder Fisherman that I have left for the background.

The Joseph's Coat is another great pattern, Cara. Those colors sound wonderful for the angel.

Strange, it pulled up for me. Try this link.

The first one didn't pull up for me either, but yours did Priszm, thanks.

Ooooooo! S'mores around a bonfire. Sounds yummy. Now I'm getting hungry for them too.

I'm not sure what happened to yesterday. It just sort of disappeared. I did take Kim for a mammogram in the afternoon. I turned out fine and she doesn't have to go back for a year. And Rosie and I got together in the evening and looked at quilt books and visited for hours. And I made a snowflake with beads. I think my New Years Eve will be a quiet evening at home listening to audio books.

:yay Happy New Year, Wendy. :yay

Hey everyone!

Prizsm you said something the other day about not being able to count while you were on the phone with customers and this struck home for me! :lol I do tech support for a major cell phone company and am lucky enough to bring my crochet with me and no one really bothers me. I have been working on a ghan for my grandma's 80th in February and have found myself paying more attention to my counting than my customer! :blush So i decided to start something a little more mindless. Here are pics of the baby gingham for Project Linus that I started instead!

3153604837_00d712117a_o.jpg3154441224_9c3882e404_o.jpg

Here is my finished Baby IC ghan. Not sure what to do with it yet. Might put it in the camphor chest with all the baby stuff Mum knitted and keep it for my girls for when they have kids, not sure yet.

Picture is clickable

th_PC300125.jpg

:yay:clap Looks great! Looked at your others on there too :blush

And YOU DO AMAZING WORK!!!! :eek

Val, it sounds like you have a fun evening planned - Enjoy!

Hi Linda ~ Rosie must be a wonderful neighbor and friend. :manyheart What size thread and hook do you use for your snowflakes? I'm trying to decide if my eyes and hands can handle thread work again. :lol

Pickles! So glad you are okay. Your ghans and baby gingham are beautiful. :hook Little Lennon is just adorable and she looks like such a happy baby. :c9 I've added 33 solids.

Has anyone heard from Tracy or Denise? I sure do miss them. :yes

Archived