Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Thanks for all your nice comments on my GT Tablecloth. :hug

An awareness ribbon one in purple. I need 34 bicolor, 175 white, & 106 purple squares. All done into 15 sections.... 25 in each section but the last one. That is just a row of 15 squares on the top. It will be a lapghan size one.

Oh that will look fantastic.

The checker board is done :yay

Here is the checker board and the checkers (the black and white dots). I think it turned out pretty neat!

th_HPIM1786.jpg

Oh its just gorgeous. Well done :clap

I spent the evening with Rosie and John. We washed and blocked out Kim's shawl. It's now drying in their bathroom. After supper Rosie and I made New York cheesecake from scratch. We ended up with a 13" x 9" one and a 9" circular one. They smelled absolutely wonderful. We had a marvelous time visiting. I'll be making a salad/dessert called Jellied Holiday Nog, Ambrosia Salad in a Cloud, and a Chex Bar recipe to take to the get together on Christmas. John will be making venison meatballs. I'm also planning on making everyone a loaf of Cherry Nut Bread to take home. I have to get baking and cooking tomorrow. Rosie's daughter and family from Colorado arrive tomorrow for a week.

Here are pictures of the finished filet pieces. The first is the framed piece for John and Kim. The second is the framed piece for John for his office.

DCP_1533.jpgDCP_1528.jpg

Next is the piece for John & Kim's son. Finally is one of the one's headed to my mom and brothers. I blocked each piece and then pinned it to backing material. Then I rolled them around empty Christmas wrap tubes and wrapped the resulting cylinder in Chistmas paper. They look intriguing and totally unlike what they actually contain. :devil

DCP_1525.jpgDCP_1526.jpg

Linda they are absolutely stunning. I cant believe how much you have done. I like how you have framed them too. :clap :clap

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wendy, the tablecloth is beautiful! You did such a great job.:clap I'm also tickled at how you remember how many skiens of yarn you used...I'm only getting to that point when I make things - and that's only because people are starting to ask :P

Well I usually dont remember how many skeins but with this one I actually bought whole packets of 10 each for the green and I remember buying the last 9 skeins of white in the shop at the time and had an extra one at home.

Linda, those look great! They're going to love them!

Erin, I remember those cold days well. I spent 20 years in Minnesota. I'm sooo over being cold, I spent plenty of years freezing :lol

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Today will focus on cooking and baking. And finishing Kim's shawl. Hopefully it is dry by now. I just have two things that will be a little late, so not too bad for this year and they should both be done and gone before the end of the year.

Have a good day, Erin. Hope little one makes up his mind to arrive without having to be induced on Saturday, but at least you will soon have him in your arms one way or the other.

Have a good day and good luck with all the final preparations for Christmas everyone. More late.

Karen ~ The checker board is such a great idea. You did a fantastic job on it, and I am positive your DH's Little Brother will really like it.

Linda ~ Beautiful filet pieces! Pretty creative wrapping/shipping ideas, too :yes Good luck with all of your cooking and baking.

Six inches of new snow overnight are making me a little worried about driving this morning, but I can take it slowly, and the girls and I will make it to my folks before dark, tonight (drive usually takes 6 hrs). DH has to work, today, so he will not be leaving town until 5pm, but driving in winter weather does not bother him, and he will catch up with us by midnight. Tomorrow, we will have a sleigh ride with my in-laws, heavy hors d'oeuvres to snack on throughout the afternoon, presents and lots of excited kiddos :lol Christmas is spent with my parents and my brother's family. Mom decided we had cooked all of the "traditional" foods for Thanksgiving, and she wanted a different menu. "How about Mexican?" she suggested to me last week. Okay...it's different, but DH and my brother are very excited about the change from ham. Maybe it will become a new tradition?!? We'll see how it goes this year.

Stay warm! Drive carefully! And, if I cannot get to a computer before the 25th, have a

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!

Good morning ladies :flower

Dusti - We always have Mexican food for Christmas :yes In Texas that IS the traditional Christmas meal though :D Safe travels :hug

Got up and cleaned the house some this morning. Not perfect but it will serve :D Perfect I'll do next week :lol

All my gifties are made and ready to go. :yay Gonna give BD his gifties here in a bit. He's already up and gone to the bank. Mortgage doesn't take a holiday :lol

I'm well into the cooking and baking business. A candied chex & nut mix is done. Yummy, too. One triple batch of cherry nut bread done and cooled. 3/4 of the orange peel thinly sliced for the marmalade so far. Made a quick trip to the library for more audio books and to the grocery store for more flour and baking powder.

Dusti, take care on the road in the snow. Merry Christmas! :hug

Here are pictures of the finished filet pieces. The first is the framed piece for John and Kim. The second is the framed piece for John for his office.

DCP_1533.jpgDCP_1528.jpg

Next is the piece for John & Kim's son. Finally is one of the one's headed to my mom and brothers. I blocked each piece and then pinned it to backing material. Then I rolled them around empty Christmas wrap tubes and wrapped the resulting cylinder in Chistmas paper. They look intriguing and totally unlike what they actually contain. :devil

DCP_1525.jpgDCP_1526.jpg

Linda, they are beautiful! Each one will be cherished. :manyheart

I have just now officially finished my gifts :yay Now I can start on next year's :lol

Way to go, Cara! :cheer

You absolutely may steal the idea :D It was pretty quick and easy to make. I hope he likes it (hubby thinks it turned out great)

Thank you, Karen. I think it is really cute and your work is great. :hook

Erin all the best, hope bubs arrives soon.:hug

I have started a scarf for the special olympics but I do want to get back to trying to finish the IC.

Knowing you, it will be done in no time. :D

Dusti ~ Merry Christmas to you, too! Have a wonderful time with your family.

Linda ~ Your baked goodies sound delicious.

I'm sort of in limbo right now. I had just returned from the store with the crown roast and pies and my sister called. (She arrived at my parents last night from Washington, D.C.) She took my dad to the emergency room this a.m. and they're running tests now. My other sister is there, too, as they had planned on shopping today. So, any cooking is on hold til we know what's going on.

Thank you, Cara and Wendy.

Wendy, are you giving the girls and your mom their ghans and tablecloth on Christmas Eve, or will you wait until Christmas Day?

Cara, yay for doing so well with BD's gifts. :yes

Oh, Mary, I hope everything turns out okay for your dad. We're pulling for you and for him. :hug

I'm done cooking for today. I ended up with 8 pints of orange marmalade for Rosie's John and almost a pint for us. That leaves another batch of cherry nut bread to do tomorrow and two salads to make. In between everything I managed to get the rest of Kim's gifts wrapped and have started on the fringe for her shawl. All the ends have been hidden, too. I'm pretty much on target for where I should be cooking and wrapping wise.

Wendy, Merry Christmas Eve! Have a wonderful time with your family.

Hang in there, Krystal. You'll make it. :hug

Yeah, Cara! BD liked all his gifts! You did good!!!!! :manyheart

I talked to my grandson and DD tonight. He loves his birthday present. He said, "Thank you, Grandma Linda, for my present. I like it a lot. I really like it a lot." Both packages arrived today. On time. In spite of all the snow they are having up there. Whee!!!! :yay

Thanks so much everyone. :hug Xmas eve dinner went well, we all ate too much and everyone had a great time. The butterfly ghans and Mums tablecloth will be given to them on Christmas day. The girls are counting down the hours till 7am when they will open their presents.

Have a Merry Christmas Eve to you all. :hug

Merry Christmas Eve to all you beautiful people! I'm stuck working at least part of today. And for some odd reason I can't seem to focus on work. Hmmm, I wonder why that is :devil

Merry Christmas Eve to all you beautiful people! I'm stuck working at least part of today. And for some odd reason I can't seem to focus on work. Hmmm, I wonder why that is :devil

I came to a coffee shop this morning, and I told them I was sorry for them that they were working, but glad for me that they were working. I feel if they're gonna show up to brew some coffee, the least I can do is come and buy some, right? :lol

Archived