Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I love the "around the world" blanket!! someday... someday!

Mary ~ 26 solids please ~ all my little squares for the Geo101 are complete and ALMOST sewed together.

No little man yet, or signs he will be coming except contractions...nothing to scream about...Ive been fairly crampy the past few days. I think our doctor got my husbands hopes up big time, my moms too. Poor little guy, I know he wants to come out so bad by how far he nuzzles down into my hips but momma's body just isn't there yet...

HOWEVER...we are currently getting DUMPED on by snow/sleet/icky stuff. Not supposed to let up til Saturday...so since babies like to be born in blizzards...hmm

PLUS we have the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner tonight(40 mins away) and the wedding tomorrow, so Im pretty much freaking out about my plug/water breaking in the car or during those since we will be in the lovely weather and much more than 5 miles from the hospital we plan to deliver at. At least there are ones between home and the church in case.

honestly Im dreading being pregnant next week... My MIL will be in town and shes the sweetest lady ever but with DH working at least two days of it she will probably be clingy(shes from Nashville) and I feel bad but thats probably the last thing I wanna be dealing with all day. Plus theres nothing to do in this town, and they aren't used to this kinda weather, nor am I gonna wanna go out. :(

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are the quilts I've made:

Four baby nine-block's (modified from Mel's pattern at the Happy house)

th_HPIM1697.jpg th_HPIM1563.jpg

th_HPIM1397.jpg th_HPIM1389.jpg

And my Around the World (which might be on Cara's page now or will be going up sometime)

th_HPIM1363.jpg

My current project is small - a checkerboard for a Christmas gift. I also have a bunch of left over saltines that I am going to put together into a couple more baby nine-patches (in several colors this time - not all blues or purples and such). That will happen in the new year I hope. For now I have oodles of little squares waiting around for mwe :D

Karen, those are all WONDERFUL!!! :yay:cheer:yay

HOWEVER...we are currently getting DUMPED on by snow/sleet/icky stuff. Not supposed to let up til Saturday...so since babies like to be born in blizzards...hmm

PLUS we have the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner tonight(40 mins away) and the wedding tomorrow, so Im pretty much freaking out about my plug/water breaking in the car or during those since we will be in the lovely weather and much more than 5 miles from the hospital we plan to deliver at. At least there are ones between home and the church in case.

Depends? As in, the undergarments? :shrug

Good luck dealing with the clingy MIL. Just your luck you'll have the little man soon and have all of them hovering when you get home. After having a baby, the LAST thing you want to do is play hostess! :no

Shes not really that bad of a clinger but I am her only DIL and she had two boys so a girl in the picture is nice, and it will be the first grandchild on my husbands side of the family so they are all oober excited. I found out that they won't be in town(unless baby comes) until Christmas eve so hubby will be around from work to entertain

Mary - 27 more solids for me!!! :clap I broke 2000 :D

Woo hoo!!! Great job!! :clap:cheer:woo

Mary- yep, I still have Cam, but the schedule has kinda changed around . I now have him mostly on the weekends .He is in 1st grade now, and also into boy scouts . His mom has a pretty serious boyfriend,so if my psychic abilities are correct, he will soon be Cam's new stepfather. He is so sweet and good to Cam, you don't know how thankful I am for that . He actually volunteered to be Cam's assistant room mother, since they couldnt find a mom who could do it, and he is also one of Cam's boy scout leaders. So, he has kinda stepped into my slot in Cam's life during the weekdays, like taking him to and from school, so I get him on the weekends. We still have lots of fun with him,and he's still more fun than a barrel of monkeys .

Oh that's wonderful about Cam :manyheart It's great that she found a guy that seems to love him so much!

No little man yet, or signs he will be coming except contractions...nothing to scream about...Ive been fairly crampy the past few days. I think our doctor got my husbands hopes up big time, my moms too. Poor little guy, I know he wants to come out so bad by how far he nuzzles down into my hips but momma's body just isn't there yet...

honestly Im dreading being pregnant next week... My MIL will be in town and shes the sweetest lady ever but with DH working at least two days of it she will probably be clingy(shes from Nashville) and I feel bad but thats probably the last thing I wanna be dealing with all day. Plus theres nothing to do in this town, and they aren't used to this kinda weather, nor am I gonna wanna go out. :(

My sister's SIL is like that with me. When she came for Thanksgiving she likes to follow me around. All I have to do is put her to work and we're both happy :wink

Shes not really that bad of a clinger but I am her only DIL and she had two boys so a girl in the picture is nice, and it will be the first grandchild on my husbands side of the family so they are all oober excited. I found out that they won't be in town(unless baby comes) until Christmas eve so hubby will be around from work to entertain

Oh that'll work out well then :D

Didn't do a darn thing productive after dinner last :no I just ached so much and was so tired I kept falling asleep at the puter :blush But today is a new day and I'm raring to go :hook

Hi, ladies...

Karen, the ghans are gorgeous!!:clap

Cara, I hope you have a productive day.:hook

We have snow here...was going to try and get to a wake this afternoon...not sure now...

I pulled out a skien of off-white suede from my stash and am making a keyhole scarf for a neighbor. She needs some cheering up - as well as something warm to wear when she walks to catch the bus for NYC in the early morning hours.

Guess I shouldn't tell all you Northerners that it's gonna be about 80* here today huh? :lookout

You can keep the 80*, thank you very much...:D

me and the furbabies were out just before and I was throwing snowballs for them. Susie looked like a pup, leaping and chasing after them - then she decided to chase her baby brother and had him cowering in the snow. He knows who is in charge:lol

me and the furbabies were out just before and I was throwing snowballs for them. Susie looked like a pup, leaping and chasing after them - then she decided to chase her baby brother and had him cowering in the snow. He knows who is in charge:lol

:lol :lol Actually I'm hoping to give this 80* away :lol

Karen, thank you for the pictures! Seeing them all together is so much fun - they are all beautiful. :yes

Erin~ 26 more added! You're doing great for being a soon-to-be mom. :manyheart

Yes, it hit 78 degrees here today and the a.c. was on. Tomorrow night is supposed to be in the upper 20s. :lol

DH and I had lunch and then picked up MIL's cake for her party tomorrow. I miss the time with my hook lately and hope to remedy that soon!

I've wrapped gifts again today. John took 3 packages to work with him and sent them off this morning, then Kim and I took 2 more to UPS this afternoon and sent them off to DD. Kim and I went to HL and picked up yarn for 4 scarves and decorations for the tree. We had a late lunch or early supper at Captain D's, then off to the grocery store for the ingredients for orange marmalade. Then back home and wrapped more gifts, had a late supper, and are getting ready for bed now. I'm working on a scarf now, because that's all the attention span I have left. It's a really simple pattern. :hug

I've wrapped gifts again today. John took 3 packages to work with him and sent them off this morning, then Kim and I took 2 more to UPS this afternoon and sent them off to DD. Kim and I went to HL and picked up yarn for 4 scarves and decorations for the tree. We had a late lunch or early supper at Captain D's, then off to the grocery store for the ingredients for orange marmalade. Then back home and wrapped more gifts, had a late supper, and are getting ready for bed now. I'm working on a scarf now, because that's all the attention span I have left. It's a really simple pattern. :hug

I did that tonight. Not the wrap gifts part. Those are still sitting here, there and everywhere. I worked on DBF's dragon, it's close to being done!! :cheer I have to attach the legs, put the wings together and attach them. So Sunday night since I don't work tomorrow night and can only do it when he's not here. The I worked some more on Dad's scarf. That one I'm just doing hdc's, I couldn't settle on a pattern and I wanted to make sure it keeps his neck warm when he's on his motorcycle on our cold mornings.

Good morning ladies :flower

Finished one little dragon last night just to see how it would work and so it could be Peyton's b-day gift. His b-day is tomorrow and his momma's is today :eek Anyway, the dragon is adorable! Even BD thought it was just the cutest thing and that's high praise indeed :lol

Gotta get myself together here so we can leave between 2-3. Sister has to work at least part of the day today. We'll leave when she gets off :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Finished one little dragon last night just to see how it would work and so it could be Peyton's b-day gift. His b-day is tomorrow and his momma's is today :eek Anyway, the dragon is adorable! Even BD thought it was just the cutest thing and that's high praise indeed :lol

Gotta get myself together here so we can leave between 2-3. Sister has to work at least part of the day today. We'll leave when she gets off :yes

If you got one done in 1 night, it sounds quicker and easier than the one I'm doing :lol

Cara, be sure and take pics! Have fun today:hug

Yeah I forgot to photo the baskets before I bagged them up :irk They'll just have to open them carefully and let me snap a pic before they see what's in there :rofl

If you got one done in 1 night, it sounds quicker and easier than the one I'm doing :lol

Oh yeah it took less than 3 hours total. Really simple pattern but cute as can be :D He's not very tall. Maybe 5 or 6 inches high :yes

Hi everyone. I hope you are all having a good weekend. For those of you who will be on the road, have a safe trip!

We're leaving soon to "take the Birthday Party to Granny." I think I have everything together. :lol When we get home, I plan on wrapping gifts and planning the Christmas menu. Not sure yet who all will be here, but we always cook way too much anyway. :)

Have a great day. :manyheart

And my Around the World (which might be on Cara's page now or will be going up sometime)

th_HPIM1363.jpg

My current project is small - a checkerboard for a Christmas gift. I also have a bunch of left over saltines that I am going to put together into a couple more baby nine-patches (in several colors this time - not all blues or purples and such). That will happen in the new year I hope. For now I have oodles of little squares waiting around for mwe :D

Karen, these are all beautiful!

Guess I shouldn't tell all you Northerners that it's gonna be about 80* here today huh? :lookout

I tell you, I cannot wait for that cold front to come in tonight! Although it's kind of nice to be able to air the place out. I'll be doing a lot of cleaning this afternoon, so it'll be nice to have fresh air coming in before we get socked in with super cold.

Howdy everyone,

I have been very busy trying to finish the butterfly ghans and the Grecian Tile Tablecloth. Im happy to say Im on the borders of all 3 ghans. Hope to have photos for you all before xmas.

Hi everyone. I hope you are all having a good weekend. For those of you who will be on the road, have a safe trip!

We're leaving soon to "take the Birthday Party to Granny." I think I have everything together. :lol When we get home, I plan on wrapping gifts and planning the Christmas menu. Not sure yet who all will be here, but we always cook way too much anyway. :)

Have a great day. :manyheart

Hope you had a great time. :hug

Picture time for the completed Christmas Mice Crib Quilt:

DCP_1517.jpgDCP_1519.jpg

DCP_1521.jpgDCP_1523.jpg

Oh my that is just gorgeous. :clap :clap

Mary - 27 more solids for me!!! :clap I broke 2000 :D

Karen congratulations. :clap

Mary- yep, I still have Cam, but the schedule has kinda changed around . I now have him mostly on the weekends .He is in 1st grade now, and also into boy scouts . His mom has a pretty serious boyfriend,so if my psychic abilities are correct, he will soon be Cam's new stepfather. He is so sweet and good to Cam, you don't know how thankful I am for that . He actually volunteered to be Cam's assistant room mother, since they couldnt find a mom who could do it, and he is also one of Cam's boy scout leaders. So, he has kinda stepped into my slot in Cam's life during the weekdays, like taking him to and from school, so I get him on the weekends. We still have lots of fun with him,and he's still more fun than a barrel of monkeys .

Im so glad that Cam has a stepdad that will look after him and be there for him. Thats great news. :hug

th_HPIM1363.jpg

Karen great work. Love those nine patches. :clap

Yes its going to be hot here too, probably not as hot as you have it there yet.

Oh how cute is that, to have a snowball fight with your furbabies.

Archived