Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

My first cat's name was Winnie the Pooh. Those were always my favorite stories :manyheart

I was inspired when I found a BIG book of winnie the pooh children stories at a garage sale, plus at the time we didn't know what we were having so we needed something that wasn't gender specific :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thursday, everyone. :) It's a beautiful day here, but I'm determined to stay in and get caught up on some things. I've been at my desk all morning...I think a paycheck is in order for doing all of MIL's bills and paperwork and DH's expense reports.:lol

Please add 15 solids for me. Only one more row of blocks to go :yay I did get the pile of blocks connected that I had been avoiding last week. That feels good. Working on the border is going to feel even better :D

Hi Dusti! You are getting so close to the finish line. :cheer 15 more added. :hook

I must say, I'm a little amazed myself :rofl I crochet pretty slowly these days. Guess the universe is smiling on me right now :hook

The horsie is done :yay and I got 2 blocks done on the Geo last night. Would've been way more but BD really wanted me to come watch movies with him. He's been a major grouse lately so when he was back to his sweet lovey self how could I refuse :manyheart

I bet you'll finish with time to spare. :yes What colors are you using for the Geo?

Has anyone heard from Tracy? I hope she comes back soon. :manyheart

Hello everyone! I am freezing but the weather man on Channel 5 (if you get KTLA 5 you know who I am talking about) after flirting announced it would be 80 something today.. then in the 50 & raining till next week. My poor cats couldnt even stay outside. The one had to sleep under the blankets with her daddy (the thing I am married too). I got one my kids christmas morning blankets done. just need four more 12" squares & sew two blankets together & I am done. I have to get those done in 2 weeks. Then I can start here properly with a project! I can get a lot done when the fevers are gone & all I have is my nose issue to deal with. Dry nose problems is from lupus. Called the doc yesterday & she so informed me. But I can't wait until I start!! :yay

Hi Jessica! That's great that you'll be starting a quilt ghan soon. :hook I think I'll always have a saltine project going...they're great take-along projects.

Speaking of saltines, I'm reporting 27 solid squares. :D I have 17 more to make and then quite a bit of joining. :blush Nothing new about that. :lol And now that everyone has had a break from hearing about my Ohio Star Variant ;)...I've decided it needs two more blocks. I was getting ready to start the border a few weeks ago and knew I wouldn't be happy with it like it is.

And now that everyone has had a break from hearing about my Ohio Star Variant ;)...I've decided it needs two more blocks. I was getting ready to start the border a few weeks ago and knew I wouldn't be happy with it like it is.

That's how I feel about the waves ripple I'm doing. I thought I'd finish today, but I want it to be longer, so finishing my graph ghan will have to wait a bit.

You have to be happy with your work:yes

Donna, how close is it to being done? This was going to be a gift for your daughter for Xmas, right?

I'm oddly excited right now. I saw an ad yesterday stating Robin Williams was coming to town. And tickets are actually affordable! Starting at $45!! He's not going to be here until March, but I'm strangly excited about it. Plus, DBF was reading a local alternative paper tonight and Jeff Dunham is also coming to town in March! He's the one with the puppets! I saw him about 3 1/2 years ago (sshhh! my ex took me!) and he was sooo funny! So I told DBF for our anniversary, which is the end of February, let's not do gifts, lets just do these shows.

Good morning Linda! :hug That's okay. I got up early so it all evens out :lol I love that Pooh fabric you got! Where did you find that? That'd made a great quilt for little Peyton. Time for him to have a big boy blanket :yes

I got the lovely Pooh fabric at our local Wal-Mart. They have some really nice fabrics in right now.

I helped a friend with an assignment she's doing for her accounting class today. We spent at least 5 hours on the project and nothing balances or has the right check point numbers (actually, :think I think 2 of 10 are right). Arghhhhh!!!!! :thair One number is off by $3 and another by $3,000. It has been a very, very long time since I did anything like that. I think she understands the entries better now, but the reports and spreadsheets need a lot more work.

I'm off to work on the Stacked Cubes for a while now.

Donna, how close is it to being done? This was going to be a gift for your daughter for Xmas, right?

I'm oddly excited right now. I saw an ad yesterday stating Robin Williams was coming to town. And tickets are actually affordable! Starting at $45!! He's not going to be here until March, but I'm strangly excited about it. Plus, DBF was reading a local alternative paper tonight and Jeff Dunham is also coming to town in March! He's the one with the puppets! I saw him about 3 1/2 years ago (sshhh! my ex took me!) and he was sooo funny! So I told DBF for our anniversary, which is the end of February, let's not do gifts, lets just do these shows.

I looooooooove Jeff, hes hilarious!!!

Mary ~ 5 solids please

my hand was hurting, i intend to do much more tomorrow cause Im running out of time!

nothing new with kido really, have had contractions...nothing regular yet though....hes very very squirmy. Im considering a pedicure this weekend though, may help Im told

Val - I love Jeff Dunham! He seriously crack me up :lol He was here a few months ago but the tickets started at $73. I couldn't justify that so we didn't go :no But I hear from some who did go that it was a great show :yes

Hello everyone. :hi

I missed you all and can't wait for the internet to be up and running at home again. I am at the internet cafe this morning because 30 minutes a day at the library is barely enough time to check my emails! :lol But my time is almost up here, too.

Linda, those quilts are gorgeous, they are going to be loved. :yes

I have been working on the ATW the last couple of days. Will do a total count and report next week when hopefully we should have internet. :D The Casa is tucked in a box somewhere still, (yes, we still have a few of those hidden under the stairs) so the ATW is getting a chance. :hook

Hope you all have a lovely day and I will check in again soon. :hug

Good Morning, all. :)

Hi Tracy! I hope the move went well and that you are all okay. WTG for working on the ATW.:hook

Been working pretty steady on the garden quilt. Got 48 to add to my total.

48 more added. :yes

Mary ~ 5 solids please

my hand was hurting, i intend to do much more tomorrow cause Im running out of time!

nothing new with kido really, have had contractions...nothing regular yet though....hes very very squirmy. Im considering a pedicure this weekend though, may help Im told

Hi Erin. Little Alexander sounds like he's ready to see the world before long. :c9 5 more added to the list. :hook

Hi Judy ~ I haven't made a ripple ghan in years, but always love them! What colors are you using?

It's in teal, off white and wine...in Red Heart Soft yarn. I'm using one of my plastic hooks and it slides through the stitches beautifully...To make it bigger I may have to change the color repeats at top and bottom (to match), since I'm not sure how much the remining off white is going to stretch.

It'll be a while before I make a ripple again - at least one that's not a round ripple. It's boring:P

Val - I love Jeff Dunham! He seriously crack me up :lol He was here a few months ago but the tickets started at $73. I couldn't justify that so we didn't go :no But I hear from some who did go that it was a great show :yes

Seriously?! That's ridiculous! When I was living in MN Robin Williams was in town but his tickets started at $100! Tickets for both are very reasonable. Jeff's show is $40.50.

Seriously?! That's ridiculous! When I was living in MN Robin Williams was in town but his tickets started at $100! Tickets for both are very reasonable. Jeff's show is $40.50.

Now you'd think in a smaller market like we are they'd charge less :irk Oh well, maybe next time :yes

Tracy - :hi Gosh we miss you. It's just not the same around here :( Sure hope the internet thing gets sorted out and soon :hug

Judy - The ripple sounds lovely :yes

Mary - Good morning dear :hug

More work on the Geo today if I stay up :lol I was up until 4:30 this morning and then got up at 9:15 :blink Wouldn't have stayed up that late but I have a hard time crocheting and watching movies. At least that was the last of new movies that BD had :lol

On the bright side though, I have two rows of 9 complete :hook

Cara, it is pretty - I made it to go with the colors in SDR's office...but the darn thing is so soft I think it's gonna be travelling around the house:lol

So, how much time do you think I'd get if I committed Kitty-cide? My dang cat keep running and jumping onto my computer chair. It has a very high back so he leaps onto the seat then onto the back. At high speed. Today the dang cat managed to tip the chair over!!

I took the day off today 'cause I have time off to use before the end of the year. I'd planned on some cleaning and crocheting. But a book I was on a wait list for at the library came in yesterday. So far all I've done today is read. But such a pleasant way to pass a cool day.

So, how much time do you think I'd get if I committed Kitty-cide? My dang cat keep running and jumping onto my computer chair. It has a very high back so he leaps onto the seat then onto the back. At high speed. Today the dang cat managed to tip the chair over!!

I took the day off today 'cause I have time off to use before the end of the year. I'd planned on some cleaning and crocheting. But a book I was on a wait list for at the library came in yesterday. So far all I've done today is read. But such a pleasant way to pass a cool day.

:lol That's when my kitties get time outs. I close them in their room for a little bit. They know that mommy's had enough foolishness at that point :lol Reading sounds like a great way to relax :yes

Here's the progress I've made on the Geo in two days...

geo.jpg

If you wanna see what else I've done this week I posted the photos on the Sky CAL since we're not supposed to double post :P

Archived