Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to pop in today. I hardly get any time on the pc anymore. Hopefully this weekend i can catch up all the way here on the ville. It looks like everyone is so busy! I like allthe items I saw so far & would love to see more. Esp Zoe in the tree. :lol

I decided that since I have an urge to make a ribbon blanket that I shall make one in purple for myself. It's gunna be a long road for me so I need to keep myself in check I guess. I am allergic to the meds they use for lupus. So we will see what goes on. I did get to go in the sun saturday morning for 20 mins before I got very ill. The kids enjoyed it & I do ever miss them during the day. I also got to go to the park the other day as there was no sun out. But 5 minutes after being there it rained. I love the boys so. They are willing to go out to do 'normal' things when its freezing out & the sun is gone. :manyheart Just so I can go with them.

So yes after their Christmas morning blankets are done I will start on a purple ribbon blanket just for me. :D

I got to pop in today. I hardly get any time on the pc anymore. Hopefully this weekend i can catch up all the way here on the ville. It looks like everyone is so busy! I like allthe items I saw so far & would love to see more. Esp Zoe in the tree. :lol

I decided that since I have an urge to make a ribbon blanket that I shall make one in purple for myself. It's gunna be a long road for me so I need to keep myself in check I guess. I am allergic to the meds they use for lupus. So we will see what goes on. I did get to go in the sun saturday morning for 20 mins before I got very ill. The kids enjoyed it & I do ever miss them during the day. I also got to go to the park the other day as there was no sun out. But 5 minutes after being there it rained. I love the boys so. They are willing to go out to do 'normal' things when its freezing out & the sun is gone. :manyheart Just so I can go with them.

So yes after their Christmas morning blankets are done I will start on a purple ribbon blanket just for me. :D

Other than being allergic to the meds and getting sick in the sun, how are you doing? Not just with your lupus, but with everything going on in your life? :hug

Other than being allergic to the meds and getting sick in the sun, how are you doing? Not just with your lupus, but with everything going on in your life? :hug

The husband can't deal with it. My mom seems to be mad at me. She says it is because she can't 'fix' me & that I have a husband who could care less. My kids miss me & I do them. But I make every effort to go out during the day. I do go to pick them up at school & that seems to work well enough for them. I still have the seperation appers printed out. If things do not change after Feb I'll go file them. I say Feb as I have to spend $500+ for my sons endoscopy. His insurance pays for it but the hotel & meals, & all we have to do I figure rounds that much. I am trying to get the Ronalld McDonald house to take us for that night but they doubt they can has he is not admitted overnight. Everything out there in that part of San Diego seems to be very expensive. The costs is the only reason I am glad I don't live in my home town anymore. Anyhow things are going. Things all have a different spin on them but they are going.

Oh you poor, poor thing :hug I can sympathize. I have RA and I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen :P Makes things very rough at times.

The husband can't deal with it. My mom seems to be mad at me. She says it is because she can't 'fix' me & that I have a husband who could care less. My kids miss me & I do them. But I make every effort to go out during the day. I do go to pick them up at school & that seems to work well enough for them. I still have the seperation appers printed out. If things do not change after Feb I'll go file them. I say Feb as I have to spend $500+ for my sons endoscopy. His insurance pays for it but the hotel & meals, & all we have to do I figure rounds that much. I am trying to get the Ronalld McDonald house to take us for that night but they doubt they can has he is not admitted overnight. Everything out there in that part of San Diego seems to be very expensive. The costs is the only reason I am glad I don't live in my home town anymore. Anyhow things are going. Things all have a different spin on them but they are going.

It's always rough when one can't cope. He might just be in denial right now. I certainly hope things work out however they will be best for you. Stress won't help the lupus symptoms at all :hug

I'm sorry about all of that. If you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to yell at, let me know. Even if it's virtual, I'll "listen". I know it's not easy and it's not made easier when you don't have support. Even if you do have support, sometimes they give a little too much sometimes :manyheart

No I didn't care for the braided one either. All I could think was that it would take forever to dry after use :lol The other one is an interesting, but simple, technique that I'd never used before. Makes a very nifty fabric :yes

I liked the look of the braided one but I don't do well crocheting in rounds - keep gaining stitches... Kinda like gaining weight too easily :lol How much yarn did the back scrubber you made take?

I liked the look of the braided one but I don't do well crocheting in rounds - keep gaining stitches... Kinda like gaining weight too easily :lol How much yarn did the back scrubber you made take?

Less than one of the small balls. Not much at all :)

I got rave reviews on the preemie quilts from the gal at church. She picked them up at noon today and will deliver them to the NICU either tomorrow or Friday. She brought along an angel pattern for me to try out for another of the outreach projects we've started doing recently. I whipped up the pieces earlier today. Still have to hide the tails and assemble it, but it's not at all hard. Here are pictures of the remaining 7 preemie quilts and the 3 different backs that I used on them.

DCP_1502.jpgDCP_1503.jpg

DCP_1504.jpgDCP_1505.jpg

DCP_1506.jpgDCP_1508.jpg

DCP_1507.jpgDCP_1512.jpg

DCP_1509.jpgDCP_1510.jpg

Linda ~ Each and every one of the quilts are wonderful! The fabrics are just perfect for the little ones. :c9

Jessica ~ :hug from me, too. We're here for you whenever you need us. :manyheart

Hi to everyone I may have missed. I'm finally going to spend some time with my little squares. :) Have a good evening.

Oh you poor, poor thing :hug I can sympathize. I have RA and I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen :P Makes things very rough at times.

It's always rough when one can't cope. He might just be in denial right now. I certainly hope things work out however they will be best for you. Stress won't help the lupus symptoms at all :hug

I hope it gets less stressful with him. I slept all day. Just could not wake up. thank goodness it happened while the kids where at school. I hate these fevers I get. I found out that they are part of lupus. :think They wear me out fast then going in the sun. I have had these fevers for 13 years. I just thought my body hated my period as much I did. :lol

I'm sorry about all of that. If you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to yell at, let me know. Even if it's virtual, I'll "listen". I know it's not easy and it's not made easier when you don't have support. Even if you do have support, sometimes they give a little too much sometimes :manyheart

Thank you so much. :hug I know how too much support can be. After I had my kids people instisted on doing things for me. All I wanted to do was walk cuz it made the csetion feel better.

Jessica ~ :hug from me, too. We're here for you whenever you need us. :manyheart

Thanks hun. :hug

I got rave reviews on the preemie quilts from the gal at church. She picked them up at noon today and will deliver them to the NICU either tomorrow or Friday. She brought along an angel pattern for me to try out for another of the outreach projects we've started doing recently. I whipped up the pieces earlier today. Still have to hide the tails and assemble it, but it's not at all hard. Here are pictures of the remaining 7 preemie quilts and the 3 different backs that I used on them.

DCP_1502.jpgDCP_1503.jpg

DCP_1504.jpgDCP_1505.jpg

DCP_1506.jpgDCP_1508.jpg

DCP_1507.jpgDCP_1512.jpg

DCP_1509.jpgDCP_1510.jpg

Beautifully done!!:yay

Very nice work, Linda. Those quilts are beautiful and the families that receive them at your local NICU are going to love them.

Val ~ Congratulations on finishing your mother's Christmas gifts. They all look so perfect. I had to chuckle at her changing her mind about colors and deciding to "save" a set for herself. Did you dad have any luck returning the set to the collection she is supposed to gift to her co-workers? Hope it all works out.

Mary ~ Sounds as though you need some time with your hook and yarn. Hope you had an opportunity to stitch and relax this evening. Hope all is alright with you :hug Is your DH home this week?

Cara ~ Oh, you will have to show us pictures of the horse on which you have been working for Peyton. I am amazed at all you accomplish so quickly :hook

Jessica ~ :hug I hope your days get better as you find out more and more what your body can tolerate. You children sound great and as though they are willing to do anything, as long as you are with them. Rest when you can!

Loved the poem, Shelly. Thank you for sharing it. So true... :yes

Please add 15 solids for me. Only one more row of blocks to go :yay I did get the pile of blocks connected that I had been avoiding last week. That feels good. Working on the border is going to feel even better :D

Thank you so much. :hug I know how too much support can be. After I had my kids people instisted on doing things for me. All I wanted to do was walk cuz it made the csetion feel better.

Oh yes :yes My sister can be over helpful too at times. It comes from love but I just have to tell her when I can do for myself. Take the help when it's needed but definitely let them know that you would rather do things on your own on the "good" days :hug

Cara ~ Oh, you will have to show us pictures of the horse on which you have been working for Peyton. I am amazed at all you accomplish so quickly :hook

I must say, I'm a little amazed myself :rofl I crochet pretty slowly these days. Guess the universe is smiling on me right now :hook

The horsie is done :yay and I got 2 blocks done on the Geo last night. Would've been way more but BD really wanted me to come watch movies with him. He's been a major grouse lately so when he was back to his sweet lovey self how could I refuse :manyheart

Good morning. I overslept this morning. It's still raining and gray and the sound of the rain on the roof just put me right back to sleep. I didn't do much yesterday, but the plan for today is to tackle finishing the crib quilt. The backing for it is the "Winnie the Poo" fabric. More later.

Good morning Linda! :hug That's okay. I got up early so it all evens out :lol I love that Pooh fabric you got! Where did you find that? That'd made a great quilt for little Peyton. Time for him to have a big boy blanket :yes

Good morning Linda! :hug That's okay. I got up early so it all evens out :lol I love that Pooh fabric you got! Where did you find that? That'd made a great quilt for little Peyton. Time for him to have a big boy blanket :yes

I like the pooh one most too, but thats cause Alex's stuff is all pooh and hes our lil poohbear :P

I like the pooh one most too, but thats cause Alex's stuff is all pooh and hes our lil poohbear :P

My first cat's name was Winnie the Pooh. Those were always my favorite stories :manyheart

Archived