Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Cara, glad you had a good time with the in-laws!

Linda, another filet! Can't wait to see it. :yes

Hi Val, you've really got me curious about the dragon...will you show pictures?

Dusti, thank you for the info. :manyheart I will be out tomorrow and hope to find one of the mugs.

Today is going to be a quiet one here at home. I'm planning to make stew later and try to finish the last scarf. I NEED to get back to little squares. :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tracy! Are you all ready for your moving day? Yes! I think you need to make some saltines, too. :hook I am over half done with the last scarf, but ran out of the right dye lot...duh. :yell So if Michael's doesn't have another skein with that dye lot, I'll have to start over. :(

I started this post over an hour ago and then the phone started ringing. :lol I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. :manyheart

We had a single friend over for dinner earlier....nice cooking for company, and both he and SDR loved the meal. Makes all the effort worthwhile.

Mary, dye lots are why I always overbuy:devil I hope you can find more...if not, and have to start again, hold onto the first attempt. It'll make a great start to a pet blanket!

I have some Vanna Baby that is talking to me (to make a nine patch blanket), but I'm staying strong:lol...finishing one scarf now and one to go, then to finish the RR for my friend's DD....all before Christmas:P.

I am over half done with the last scarf, but ran out of the right dye lot...duh. :yell So if Michael's doesn't have another skein with that dye lot, I'll have to start over. :(

What are you using? There's a slim chance one of us might have it. :yes

I have some Vanna Baby that is talking to me (to make a nine patch blanket), but I'm staying strong:lol...finishing one scarf now and one to go, then to finish the RR for my friend's DD....all before Christmas:P.

It's a good thing WEndy isn't here, she'd be coercing you into starting a new project! (And not bat an eye doing it, too!)

Most of the deer is done. He'll take the rest to a friend with a restaurant and make sausage out of it. That is something new this year, so we'll see how it works out.

I'm :yawn already, so I'm going to finish my :broccoli and ham and head to bed and :crocheting a bit. See y'all tomorrow!

We had a single friend over for dinner earlier....nice cooking for company, and both he and SDR loved the meal. Makes all the effort worthwhile.

Mary, dye lots are why I always overbuy:devil I hope you can find more...if not, and have to start again, hold onto the first attempt. It'll make a great start to a pet blanket!

Only one thing you can do about demanding yarn....just give in :devil

Hi, all. The deer won this weekend. And only two have been shot all season long. The hunters are frustrated. John just got home about 15 minutes ago, so I'm now off duty until morning.

I finished the filet piece for John's BD today and started on the last of the Christmas pieces. Finished up two more preemie afghans this week, too. And I'm continuing to work on the Mice quilts.

I think I'll have an early bedtime tonight. :manyheart

Hi guys! Of course I'll be sharing a picture of the dragon. And the other items once I get around to getting them off my camera :D

I did do some saltines today. A whopping 14!!! My hands were a little hyper-sensatized today so they got sore while crocheting. And I guess I just wasn't in a crochet mood this evening. I got to play with a baby instead :D

Hi guys! Of course I'll be sharing a picture of the dragon. And the other items once I get around to getting them off my camera :D

I did do some saltines today. A whopping 14!!! My hands were a little hyper-sensatized today so they got sore while crocheting. And I guess I just wasn't in a crochet mood this evening. I got to play with a baby instead :D

even though i sewed a lot of blocks, i made 3 saltines!! :lol:lol im in trouble

Howdy doody everyone :hi

I still havent made any saltines and probably wont until I get the GT and the butterfly ghans done.

Linda yay for the deer. :yay

Judy I really think you need to make a 9 patch blankie. :yes

Mary howdy :hi

Cara Im glad you had fun with the inlaws.

Everyone your all doing an amazing job with the saltines. Keep up the great work, and if you feel the need to start another project I say go for it. :D

14 added to the list!

even though i sewed a lot of blocks, i made 3 saltines!! :lol:lol im in trouble

3 more added for Erin.:hook

Everyone your all doing an amazing job with the saltines. Keep up the great work, and if you feel the need to start another project I say go for it. :D

Thank you, Wendy. You're a big help...encouraging all of us to join you in the "Queen of the WIPs" Club. :rofl

Morning' All :mug

The deer won in this neighborhood, too :lol DH hunted for three weekends and only saw 5, and did not shoot a thing. Ah well, that meant he came home in time to help with the girls' baths and was not tied-up dealing with a downed deer. There's always next year, I hear.

:clap:clap I did it, 2000 saltines by Christmas :clap:clap Please add 25 solids, Mary. Of course, that does not mean the IC is magically finished, but it is getting closer ;)

Everyone is so busy with Christmas projects. It is so much fun to read about what you are working on :yes I have 3 stuffed snowmen candy baskets in various stages of completion, 9 dishcloths, and 2 purses in need of linings. It's all starting to come together. We can do it :cheer

Have a good day!

I haven't been able to do any saltines for a week or so. I decided to do a couple of more Christmas presents:eek. But hopefully I will be done with those this weekend.

Who is going shopping on Friday:cheer???

I am planning on it, if I find items worth wild in the ads. I have tried to look at the Black Friday ads on line but it just isn't the same. We are going to have decent weather up to Thursday night,Then rain and snow :wbrrinto Friday. Then nice again. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO RUIN MY SHOPPING DAY:thair????

Last year I was sick but went for a bit anyway... I was looking forward to it this year....

Michele

Good Morning, ladies. :)

:cheer Congratulations, Dusti! :cheer You made it with time to spare before Christmas. :yes

Oh, I have lots of the scarf yarn...I just grabbed the only skein left with that dye lot # and away I went. :lol There is a huge difference in the dye lots with this color of Vanna's yarn. :yes

Today will be errands and shopping for Thursday. DH and I will prepare everything ahead tomorrow and Wed. and take it to my parents' house (about 1 1/2 hours away) to reheat and serve.

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Deer didn't win in MI this year....because my father got one. Mom thought it out and he gets one every ten years since he was 15 :lol:lol:lol

Between the 3-4 guys that hunt with my sisters bf they got 8. We already received 3lbs of ground venison from one of his deers mmmmmmmm

Judy I really think you need to make a 9 patch blankie. :yes

You are a little :devil

No, I have to stay strong...unless I use the project for a car ride Thursday when we bring FIL home after dinner.:hook

I have another scarf (maybe 2) to make and the RR...:P

Only one thing you can do about demanding yarn....just give in :devil

I can't hear it anymore...I shoved it in a tote bag in the back of the closet:lol

I can't hear it anymore...I shoved it in a tote bag in the back of the closet:lol

Poor, poor neglected yarn :devil Geez I think Wendy is rubbing off on me :lol

Yesterday I got lots of crocheting done for a change. I made a placemat kinda thingy to catch any drips from the tea dispenser on Thursday. Gotta protect that furniture. Also, in that same vein, 7 coasters. I need 12 total so I'll be making the other 5 today. And doing laundry. And putting the house back together. And starting the food prep. It's gonna be another one of those days :lol

Where did you get the pattern? Is it one of your own? I collect dragons, so I'm always on the lookout for such things. I'm trying to convert a picture into a quiltghan pattern, but haven't had a lot of success yet. I'll keep on trying.

The deer won in this neighborhood, too :lol DH hunted for three weekends and only saw 5, and did not shoot a thing. Ah well, that meant he came home in time to help with the girls' baths and was not tied-up dealing with a downed deer. There's always next year, I hear.

:clap:clap I did it, 2000 saltines by Christmas :clap:clap Please add 25 solids, Mary. Of course, that does not mean the IC is magically finished, but it is getting closer ;)

Dusti, hit 2,000!!!! :yay:clap:yay Yeah!!! :clap:yay:clap

We still have an extended bow season here in our county, so John's not done trying for a deer yet. At least, he'll be closer to home while he does it.

Who is going shopping on Friday:cheer???

I am planning on it, if I find items worth wild in the ads. I have tried to look at the Black Friday ads on line but it just isn't the same. We are going to have decent weather up to Thursday night,Then rain and snow :wbrrinto Friday. Then nice again. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO RUIN MY SHOPPING DAY:thair????

Last year I was sick but went for a bit anyway... I was looking forward to it this year....

Michele

I might be doing the shopping thing, but I'm not sure yet. Last year Rosie and I went to the Mall of Georgia and had a good time. Maybe a repeat this year is in order. And, Michele, it's only Monday, so maybe the forecast will change by Friday and you'll get a nice day after all.

Dusti - Grats on 2000!!! :clap:cheer:h5

Michele - Dunno if I'm gonna get to go to the Black Friday sales or not. I think everyone has to go back to work so it'll just be me and the cats again. That's okay because I'm really a bigger fan of the after Christmas sales :D

Where did you get the pattern? Is it one of your own? I collect dragons, so I'm always on the lookout for such things. I'm trying to convert a picture into a quiltghan pattern, but haven't had a lot of success yet. I'll keep on trying.

I bit the bullet and bought the baby dragon pattern from E-patterns. I know of a free one that I actually have saved. PM me with your email address if you want a copy. I think someone on here actually created and posted it. The baby dragon called to me more :D

I'm gonna try to avoid shopping on Friday. I'm not a people person when I get into crowds and there's lots of stupid, inconsiderate people. Maybe they're not really stupid, just seriously inconsiderate. So I'll pass on that. Beside, I think I'm stuck working that day. Although my fingers are crossed my day off request gets approved.

Thank you, Wendy. You're a big help...encouraging all of us to join you in the "Queen of the WIPs" Club. :rofl

OH you know you want to be a Queen too. :rofl

Thats fantastic. :clap :clap :clap:yay:woo Now you can start all over again. :D:rofl

You are a little :devil

No, I have to stay strong...unless I use the project for a car ride Thursday when we bring FIL home after dinner.:hook

I have another scarf (maybe 2) to make and the RR...:P

Yes you do need a car project what a great idea. :D

Oh that poor yarn:lol

Poor, poor neglected yarn :devil Geez I think Wendy is rubbing off on me :lol

Yesterday I got lots of crocheting done for a change. I made a placemat kinda thingy to catch any drips from the tea dispenser on Thursday. Gotta protect that furniture. Also, in that same vein, 7 coasters. I need 12 total so I'll be making the other 5 today. And doing laundry. And putting the house back together. And starting the food prep. It's gonna be another one of those days :lol

Cara you sound so busy, at least you are still crocheting away.

Hi all

Mary 14 saltines for me please

Howdy Doody :hi

Archived