Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal, you and me both! Speaking of, I need to move the dragon to my closet. It's for DBF and I think he's coming over tonight. Depending on how he's feeling that is.

Oooh, I am getting close. When I "found" all of you in June, 2,000 saltines sounded like an awful lot, and reaching that goal by Christmas seemed completely unattainable. Well, I am not there quite yet, but I can keep :crocheting!!

That said, Mary, please add 25 solids for today. I was comfy in the car this afternoon with my hook, yarn, and new plug-in coffee mug. Have you seen one of these? It plugs into the cigarette lighter and keeps the contents of my mug at a toasty 185-degrees. Love it!! I finished a dishcloth, youngest DD's tote bag for P.E. tennis shoes, and my Double IC block. Yes, it was a great afternoon :yes.

This is the final week of hunting for the season, so DH returned to the cabin. Thus far, the deer are winning, but DH vowed he was going to outsmart them this week. We'll see... The girls and I have been itching to start decorating for Christmas, and I would love to bring out my snowman collection. I think we will re-decorate the house this weekend :2snowman

Have a great evening, Everyone!

I pulled a trick on Rosie tonight. :devil When I finished putting the mice squares together for the top of my niece's baby quilt, I called Rosie and begged her to come over, because there were "mice" in John and Kim's bedroom and John was gone. :eek A grey one and a white one and a brown one. Rosie worke up her John and they came over equipped with gloves and mousetraps to help me "catch" the mice. They laughed when they saw all the mice on the bed. :lol And John went back to his interrupted nap. :lol Kim laughed and laughed. :lol :lol :lol It's looking very nice thanks to all of Rosie's coaching.

I pulled a trick on Rosie tonight. :devil When I finished putting the mice squares together for the top of my niece's baby quilt, I called Rosie and begged her to come over, because there were "mice" in John and Kim's bedroom and John was gone. :eek A grey one and a white one and a brown one. Rosie worke up her John and they came over equipped with gloves and mousetraps to help me "catch" the mice. They laughed when they saw all the mice on the bed. :lol And John went back to his interrupted nap. :lol Kim laughed and laughed. :lol :lol :lol It's looking very nice thanks to all of Rosie's coaching.

Oh that was just wicked! I love it :devil

Oh thats funny. :lol

Howdy everyone :hi

I have done 111 Grecian Tile Squares now, only 79 left to go.

Dusti and Karen wow your so close to the 2000. :cheer

Linda oh I love the fabric you are using. How cute is that.

Cara wow 50 cents for sugar and creme. I would have bought every skein as well.

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Hi Dusti ~ Oh so close! 25 more added. Have fun decorating with the girls. :yes Thanks for telling us about the coffee mug...I'll look for one for DH!

Linda, what fun to have Rosie and John next door and what a great trick to play on them. :lol I don't think we have any neighbors with a sense of humor. :D

Wendy ~ WTG on your GT - you're so close now! I bet your Mom will be thrilled with the tablecloth.

Karen ~ 13 more added!

Lynn, 20 more is great! Can't wait to see your colors together.:yarn

Rosie and John are great neighbors. Kim and I are having another lazy day today. The hunters are still being skunked by the deer. John saw a cayote, 3 or 4 doe, and 8 turkeys this morning but nothing got shot. Sean thought he had a doe, but missed it.

Karen, your ghan is wonderful! I have loved seeing all of them...your color combinations are great. :cheer

Linda, I hope the deer make it through the whole weekend on the winning side. :lol Glad you and Kim are having a good time. :manyheart

No crocheting yet today, but I have been getting lots of little things done around here. :D We ordered firewood and DH is helping the guys unload it now.

Hi Dusti ~ Oh so close! 25 more added. Have fun decorating with the girls. :yes Thanks for telling us about the coffee mug...I'll look for one for DH!

It is a great idea for your DH :yes My mug was purchased at Radio Shack, but I have also found them on eBay.

Karen -- You are such a whiz at those 9-patch ghans. Way to go :clap I love all of the colors you combine, too.

:flowerWendy, Linda, Lynn and Tracy. Anyone doing anything really fun this weekend? Have a nice one, whatever your plans!

Hi, Dusti. Kim and I are staying inside where it's warm and watching holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel and I'm crocheting. Kim is definitely feeling better today. Her sparkle is back in her eyes and she's back to teasing me. She hid my crochet hook earlier and them was pulling thread off the ball faster than I could crochet it up. The filet piece for John's BD is at least 3/4 done now. Should get it done tomorrow if not later tonight. Staying warm is our goal for the weekend. I don't envy you the cold and snow Krystal.

Linda, that must be so enjoyable to have a partner to be with while you crochet. I have always enjoyed crocheting the most while HB (husband) reads bits from the newspaper to me, and we wind up chatting about current events. Having someone take care of the thread for you sounds very cozy. :yes

Hi, Dusti. Kim and I are staying inside where it's warm and watching holiday movies on the Hallmark Channel and I'm crocheting. Kim is definitely feeling better today. Her sparkle is back in her eyes and she's back to teasing me.

The wee bit we've gotten to know Kim over the past couple of years I'd definitely say she's feeling better if she's back up to her tricks :wink I'm so glad she's feeling better :manyheart

Oh had a grand day with the in-laws. Unfortunately very short because they got a late start but it was great fun. And they took us to dinner to my favorite restaurant. Hey, if you leave the decision to me I'm picking the one I like :lol

Gonna go wind down some before bed :D

Hey guys! I got to have an early night with my part time job tonight :cheer. So I'm gonna head to bed, after hiding the dragon first. I'm getting close on it. I have the legs, leg pads, ears and wings to do. Then I have to put them together! Woohoo! Have a good night everyone!

Archived