Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

It turned out great, Jessica! How did you get your puppy to sit still that long? :lol

She did not sit still too long her head area is blurry because she was moving. She decided that she would do that until I gave her the blanket. Which I did not & then she ran off to her treasure trove in the back yard. :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, DH and I both exhausted. :lol She is a busy little thing who thankfully takes several naps a day. Today, she explored the laundry room and promptly walked all the way around the washer and then the dryer...she fits in lots of small places. :yes

:lol :lol

I realize I'm joining late, but can I participate?

I am starting the "Make A Joyful Noise! Crochet Quilt" this evening. I'm making it for my mom for Christmas.

Thanks!!!

God bless,

Nicole

Of course you can join in the fun! :hug Just pull up a seat and your hook :hook

I finished the scrappy doo. :yay

Oh that came out great Jess! :clap And Butters is a beautiful model :manyheart

She did not sit still too long her head area is blurry because she was moving. She decided that she would do that until I gave her the blanket. Which I did not & then she ran off to her treasure trove in the back yard. :lol

:rofl :rofl

Had lots of fun today :yay But boy is it HUMID out there :lol I'm a bit frizzy. But no more bushy eyebrows. Had a great gal recommended to me. She did a great job and it was only 10 bucks :D

I can't believe that it's already time to think about getting up and making supper. I just sat down! :lol

Mary, our pups were 7 weeks old when we brought them home and onto the bed that same night - but I have to admit, given the size of Gracie I'd be afraid she'd get squished!

I have 22 blue solids made now. It will be a blanket for the family shelter but I still do not know which design I am going with. I'm thinking a 9 Patch or Tumbling Blocks but we'll see when I decide on other colors from my scrap stash.

Wow, DH and I both exhausted. :lol She is a busy little thing who thankfully takes several naps a day. Today, she explored the laundry room and promptly walked all the way around the washer and then the dryer...she fits in lots of small places. :yes

Oh, Mary, that's too funny!! :lol :lol :lol

I realize I'm joining late, but can I participate?

I am starting the "Make A Joyful Noise! Crochet Quilt" this evening. I'm making it for my mom for Christmas.

Thanks!!!

God bless,

Nicole

Welcome to the group, Nicole! :welcomeGlad to have you join us!

I finished the scrappy doo. :yay

Jessica, that is ever so pretty!

It's been another busy day here. I'm moving furniture around and finding lots of muscles I haven't used in quite a while. :lol :lol I remember this being a whole lot easier when I was younger. I wonder why that is??? :think I seems like it was just a few weeks ago. . . .Hmmmm. . . .:think

It's been another busy day here. I'm moving furniture around and finding lots of muscles I haven't used in quite a while. :lol :lol I remember this being a whole lot easier when I was younger. I wonder why that is??? :think I seems like it was just a few weeks ago. . . .Hmmmm. . . .:think

Amen sista!! :lol

Mary I have another 18 solids to report.

I was sewing the scrappy do together and realized I wanted to make it a bit bigger. So I need to make 80 more saltines for it. So far I've done 21 of them. Now it's going to be a 15 x 15 square.

Linda, I can identify with your aches...we spent hours putting my big desk together yesterday! We both ached by the end of the day - and still have drawers to assemble:P Rest up today:hug

I have 22 blue solids made now. It will be a blanket for the family shelter but I still do not know which design I am going with. I'm thinking a 9 Patch or Tumbling Blocks but we'll see when I decide on other colors from my scrap stash.

Hi Kristy! I've added 22 solids to the list. Can't wait to hear what you decide. :hook

Know exactly how you feel! :D

Mary I have another 18 solids to report.

I was sewing the scrappy do together and realized I wanted to make it a bit bigger. So I need to make 80 more saltines for it. So far I've done 21 of them. Now it's going to be a 15 x 15 square.

18 more, Donna! That will be a great size - I think Cara's Baby Gingham pattern is that size. :think

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99300

check this out it is all made with saltines ...1936 in all

That is gorgeous! Wow, look at all the bi-color squares! :lol

Miss Gracie is a handful, but oh so much fun. :yes She and Zoe are not on speaking terms yet, but that is Zoe's fault. :lol

Hi Ladies. :) Here is the updated scorecard. Please let me know if I need to make changes. The information is in my signature. :hook

Cara (Misa)

Denise (denisethorpe) 1616

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Wendy (Aussie) ***1298

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1256

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 1110

Mary (Skysmom) *** 1033

Val (Priszm) 1008

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***932

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 755

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Kristy (alchemyfyr) 598

Erin (EMedley) 567

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Dusti (rii698) *** 448

Judy (judianne) 307

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Tammy (TammyG) 268

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Selanda (crocrazy) 206

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Jessica (jessicagil) 167

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Julie (JulieKay) 119

Cherri (Cherri) 108

Donna (sewnsew) *** 105

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99300

check this out it is all made with saltines ...1936 in all

OMG!! That it beautiful! I'd like to think my quilts were the inspiration :D But of course it's an old technique really. She did an amazing job on that. Her color sense is outstanding. Thanks for bringing that to our attention :hug

Miss Gracie is a handful, but oh so much fun. :yes She and Zoe are not on speaking terms yet, but that is Zoe's fault. :lol

:rofl :rofl But of course Zoe thinks it's YOUR fault :rofl They'll learn to cohabit soon enough :manyheart

So, what's the square count thing? I'm new to the group...just wondering! :)

Oh someone a while back (think it was Wendy and Shelly) started a little race to see who could reach 2000 saltines (the little squares used in the quilts) first. It sort of spawned a friendly little competition that we've used for motivation for, gosh, I think it's been about a year now. No pressure to join in the fun but it can be helpful if you get stuck :D

Good afternoon ladies :flower

I didn't end up getting to sleep last night until well actually it was 6:30 this morning :eek I've really got to work on my sleep patterns :lol I hardly got any sleep the night before last so you'd think I would've dropped off early. No such luck :lol

But anyway, at least my sister called me around 1:30 and that got me out of bed. :D

Haven't even thought clearly enough about what I'm going to be doing today. I have one more swap square to get done. I've only been trying to motivate myself to do it for three days now :blush I'll probably whip that out for sure. Then it'll probably be back to the baby nine patch. I really need to get to work on that :yes

I'm going to have to be a late comer for the saltine count. I can already tell that getting them done is going to be an issue. I'm all about it right now, but after doing it for a few weeks, I'll get bored! :sigh

I started the angel last night. I did 15 of them before I moved on to another project. My step dad's birthday is Tuesday. I have to get his afghan done by then!!!

I'm going to have to be a late comer for the saltine count. I can already tell that getting them done is going to be an issue. I'm all about it right now, but after doing it for a few weeks, I'll get bored! :sigh

I started the angel last night. I did 15 of them before I moved on to another project. My step dad's birthday is Tuesday. I have to get his afghan done by then!!!

Bah! Don't worry about that. That's the great thing about saltine projects. You can do them just a little bit at a time :D

Well, next weekend is the last weekend of turkey hunting season, but since John's folks will be here then, this is the last weekend for the guys to go hunting. John went out this afternoon/evening and shot a wild pig and two two-year-old turkeys. He is so excited. He's coming back tomorrow, so Kim and I are staying here. He is cooking us dinner on Sunday for Mother's Day.

I have come up with another new snowflake.

At the friends of the library book sale last weekend I bought a book of crocheted sweater patterns. Kim found one she really liked in it, which would be very nice for this summer. It has knitted ribbing at the bottom of the body and sleeves but the rest is crocheted. I started it tonight in a variegated pastel yarn.:knit:crocheting

I made 40 more solids today and then took the evening off from crocheting to make some jewelry. I made a pretty necklace and a bracelet I absolutely adore for myself and a bracelet for my mother for Sunday. I also decided that I would give her the Gingham blanket on Sunday so that she will be able to use it this summer camping instead of waiting for Christmas. Just have to come up with something else for Christmas now, lol.

Howdy ladies :flower

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood after a night of mild storms :D

BD and I need to get some housecleaning done but I'm hoping for a chance to crochet and for a nap :D

Hi, Cara.

We're in for the day! The roads are so congested out there. I guess everyone is doing Mother's Day prep or something...:think

Probably. :yes I tried to talk BD into a trip to San Antonio today to see his folks but no go :lol How odd is that when I want to go see his parents but HE passes? :rofl

Probably. :yes I tried to talk BD into a trip to San Antonio today to see his folks but no go :lol How odd is that when I want to go see his parents but HE passes? :rofl

Maybe he is afraid of the money you'll talk him out of in the LYS? :laughroll

My mom went to Vegas this morning. So no mom for Mother's Day. That's all right. I think I want to lay low this year anyway.

I am making hats for the NICU today. I want to have a bunch done for my son's birthday (August 29th).

I am tryng to convince myself to get my step dad's afghan done. It's almost finished, but since he's in Vegas with my mom, I'm out of motivation. His birthday is Tuesday, but they won't be home yet. I won't be able to give it to him until next weekend anyway.

I'll probably get the last little bit done while I watch the Darlington race this evening.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Archived