Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Awww! How sweet is that? :manyheart We need a photo of her in the tennis shoe :D I know, I know. But I'm a total sucker for cute furbaby pictures :D

I second that. :D I wish we could have a pet. :manyheart Just not the kind Kyla wants, she keeps nagging for sea monkeys. :rolleyes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I second that. :D I wish we could have a pet. :manyheart Just not the kind Kyla wants, she keeps nagging for sea monkeys. :rolleyes

You know that sea monkeys are just brine shrimp right? Basically fish food. I used to feed them to our fish when we kept them. Can you have an aquarium? We used to love ours but I can't keep up with them anymore. We had 7 large tanks last time! :eek I have one left that I'm seriously considering setting back up because it's easier to clean :yes

Mary, Gracie sounds like she's brought smiles back to your house. I'm so happy for you.

...2 dogs ago we began bringing the pups up to our bed at night. They always slept through the night...except once, when Sparkie slid off my pillow one night:lol

:lol I just thought they were some kind of bug. I have to see if I can find some here again, Kyla bought some at Woolworths about 2 years ago and took them to school, haven't seen them again. Now she wants them for her birthday. :rolleyes

They are $7 here. And why does USA have no more Woolworths? I loved that store when I was a kid.

They are $7 here. And why does USA have no more Woolworths? I loved that store when I was a kid.

They went out of business :( The Woolworth's in Australia is a completely different company. Just has the same name. I love Woolworth's too :yes Most of my yarn came from Woolworth's :manyheart

They went out of business :( The Woolworth's in Australia is a completely different company. Just has the same name. I love Woolworth's too :yes Most of my yarn came from Woolworth's :manyheart

That is where we bought yarn. Oh the wonderful memories. Then they took me from San Diego. :lol

Our Woolworths went in administration last year and closed down about Christmas time. :( We never bought yarn there though, I don't remember seeing any at all. :no

Our Woolworths went in administration last year and closed down about Christmas time. :( We never bought yarn there though, I don't remember seeing any at all. :no

I think the ones in England are different from the ones we had here too. Ours had yarn right by the ladies underwear. It was actually sort of "in" the ladies underwear department :lol I used to get RH 3 oz skeins for 75 cents or the Woolworth brand yarn for the low, low price of 63 cents :D

I think the ones in England are different from the ones we had here too. Ours had yarn right by the ladies underwear. It was actually sort of "in" the ladies underwear department :lol I used to get RH 3 oz skeins for 75 cents or the Woolworth brand yarn for the low, low price of 63 cents :D
The yarn in our woolworths was right between the baby & womens department. Men would actually complain if there was any in the womans department. :lol

Denise said the Woolworths in SA used to sell yarn, but it was YEARS ago. Now Woolworths in SA is for the posh people. :yes

I can't think of any of our big chain stores here that sell yarn. :think

You so need a Walmart. Ours sells Red Heart, Simply Soft, Vannas, & Bernat baby yarns. Better yet a JoAnns. Ours has a buttload of awesome yarn & it;s not even a super store.

Denise said the Woolworths in SA used to sell yarn, but it was YEARS ago. Now Woolworths in SA is for the posh people. :yes

I can't think of any of our big chain stores here that sell yarn. :think

Woolworth's in SA is for the posh set? :lol Our Woolworth's were originally 5 and dime stores. That means most things only cost 5-10 cents. They were never posh. Not dumps either. Just the prerunners to WalMart :lol

The yarn in our woolworths was right between the baby & womens department. Men would actually complain if there was any in the womans department. :lol

:lol:lol Only reason I even remember that it was by the underwear was that one day I reached down to get a skein of bright yellow yarn. They really sort of had things crowded together because they were doing some sort of work in the store. Well, when I bent down to pick up the yellow yarn I bumped a display of pantyhose with my rear end and there were Big Mama pantyhose everywhere!! :rofl :rofl

Hi everyone. I have been so busy the last few weeks I didn't have time to get my pics up but I just did it now so here is my finished Gingham (5' by5') for my parents' camper.

363464687.jpg

I am working on a vintage doily for my mom's friend, a graphghan for my father, and would like to start a baby saltine project using lots of scrap yarns for the family shelter. I'll get going on that soon to add to my saltine total. :)

That is gorgeous! Great job!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've been having a hard time keeping up with everything with the end of the school year here. Between running around for the house, the girls and work I haven't been able to find much me time. Since we moved my commute time has increased alot for dropping the girls and picking them up. Hopefully I'll be able to stay better caught up once school is out.

I did finish Angel finally.

Now I need to find a new quilt ghan pattern to start in June.

Your angel turned out super! Wonderful job!

Good Morning, all. :)

Sleepless night - yes! Last night was better...only up at 1 and 4 and then up for good at 6. :lol

I guess it's obvious I'm preoccupied with Gracie. :lol She's such a joy...sweet, knows no fear, and goes in her crate on her own when she's sleepy, dragging toys in with her. She had her first vet appt. yesterday and was just fine. She only weighs 2.6 lbs. and fits in DH's tennis shoe. No telling when I'll crochet.:lol

Yes! Yes! We must see a picture of that!

Woolworth's in SA is for the posh set? :lol Our Woolworth's were originally 5 and dime stores. That means most things only cost 5-10 cents. They were never posh. Not dumps either. Just the prerunners to WalMart :lol

I loved Woolworth's. They had a wonderful yarn selection at super reasonable prices. I was so sad when ours closed.

Our computer connection went wonky this morning, so I had to reboot everything. I've been working hard downstairs doing lots of reorganizing, sorting, cleaning, etc. It looks worse now than when I started, but I've almost reached the point where it will rapidly start to look better. :lol :lol :lol Almost, but not quite. That includes reorganizing all my yarn. An immense job all by itself. :rofl :rofl

:lol I just thought they were some kind of bug. I have to see if I can find some here again, Kyla bought some at Woolworths about 2 years ago and took them to school, haven't seen them again. Now she wants them for her birthday. :rolleyes

Tracy, having brine shrimp is more of a science project than a pet. :lol We hatch them out all the time as food for our baby fishies. We have 17 tanks ranging from 225 gal to 5 gal. Anyway, they're not too difficult to hatch but are difficult to raise to the point where you can see them. :yes Maybe you could talk her into something else for her birthday. :)

Mary I have made 31 solids this week.

:clap

Tracy, having brine shrimp is more of a science project than a pet. :lol We hatch them out all the time as food for our baby fishies. We have 17 tanks ranging from 225 gal to 5 gal. Anyway, they're not too difficult to hatch but are difficult to raise to the point where you can see them. :yes Maybe you could talk her into something else for her birthday. :)

OMG! I thought we were out of control with seven :lol Largest one we had though was 100 gallon. They were wonderful but just so much work! If I set up the one we have left I'd think about having it plumbed so I can drain and refill without the nonsense. Do you drain yours by hand? Well, not by hand but I think you know what I mean. We had a siphon thing called a Python that helped a lot but that thing was HEAVY! :lol

Early doctor's appointment for me today ladies so this is just a flyby of sorts. Then it's my day out so I probably won't be back on til this evening.

Have a great day everyone! :manyheart

OMG! I thought we were out of control with seven :lol Largest one we had though was 100 gallon. They were wonderful but just so much work! If I set up the one we have left I'd think about having it plumbed so I can drain and refill without the nonsense. Do you drain yours by hand? Well, not by hand but I think you know what I mean. We had a siphon thing called a Python that helped a lot but that thing was HEAVY! :lol

:lol My husband has been out of control since I met him. :lol Yes, we drain them by hand. We have one of those hose things but it's too much trouble. I used to take care of them a lot better but since I haven't been feeling well, my hubby's been doing all of it. It is way too much work and money. It's like having a giant hole in your living room that you just throw money into! :lol

:lol My husband has been out of control since I met him. :lol Yes, we drain them by hand. We have one of those hose things but it's too much trouble. I used to take care of them a lot better but since I haven't been feeling well, my hubby's been doing all of it. It is way too much work and money. It's like having a giant hole in your living room that you just throw money into! :lol

Yes, I must admit it can get expensive. BD loved to keep discus and such pricier fishes. The discus were a ROYAL PAIN! They're one of the most beautiful fresh water fish I've ever seen. I will admit that. But they eat only live food and must have no activity around their tank. They're a bit on the nervous side :lol

So they were in our formal living with doors closed and dark with their own climate control. :rolleyes Then the stupid things would die right and left! These were 30 bucks + a pop 13 years ago! :eek After the last one finally died I told BD I was gonna fill the thing with guppies :lol He actually had more fun with that because he would take different pairs and mate them and see what he came up with. We gave them all away with the tanks and the gal loved the guppies the best :lol

I'd like to raise guppies again I think. But the tank we kept (because it was STUPID expensive) is 30 gallons. I don't know if I could take care of it. I think I'll talk to BD about it :yes

Anyway, back from the doctor and it went very well indeed :yes

Now I'm just waiting til my sister gets here in about an hour or so. Need to hit the grocery mart, the vet, have my bloodwork done and then hang out at the library :D Think I might get my eyebrows waxed today, too. They're getting a mite bushy :rofl

thank you for all the nice comments on my Gingham everyone!!

I browsed back a few pages to catch up.... the angel is beautiful and the puppy is just too cute!!! My 3 yo DD saw it and loved it too.

Happy Thursday, everyone. :)

Mary, Gracie sounds like she's brought smiles back to your house. I'm so happy for you.

...2 dogs ago we began bringing the pups up to our bed at night. They always slept through the night...except once, when Sparkie slid off my pillow one night:lol

Our dogs have always slept on our bed...it will be awhile before Miss Gracie can be trusted through the night. :yes

I miss Woolworths and Ben Franklin stores, too! I worked at a BF store one summer during high school and it was a great store. I hope you have a wonderful day out!

Mary I have made 31 solids this week.

Hi Donna! 31 more are added. :hook

Wow, DH and I both exhausted. :lol She is a busy little thing who thankfully takes several naps a day. Today, she explored the laundry room and promptly walked all the way around the washer and then the dryer...she fits in lots of small places. :yes

Our computer connection went wonky this morning, so I had to reboot everything. I've been working hard downstairs doing lots of reorganizing, sorting, cleaning, etc. It looks worse now than when I started, but I've almost reached the point where it will rapidly start to look better. :lol :lol :lol Almost, but not quite. That includes reorganizing all my yarn. An immense job all by itself. :rofl :rofl

Linda, I hope your computer continues to work okay...we don't want you gone again.:manyheart Good luck with your Spring Cleaning!

I realize I'm joining late, but can I participate?

I am starting the "Make A Joyful Noise! Crochet Quilt" this evening. I'm making it for my mom for Christmas.

Thanks!!!

God bless,

Nicole

I realize I'm joining late, but can I participate?

I am starting the "Make A Joyful Noise! Crochet Quilt" this evening. I'm making it for my mom for Christmas.

Thanks!!!

God bless,

Nicole

Hi Nicole! :welcome We're glad you found us! Several of us have made the Angel and I love the pattern. :hook

I finished the scrappy doo. :yay

It turned out great, Jessica! How did you get your puppy to sit still that long? :lol

Archived