Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Here is progress photo of the Angel ghan. Cara, I love the pattern. :manyheart

th_100_1691.jpg

Looks great so far!

I've almost finished packing and will soon be ready to go. I'm taking the turquoise and white yarn to start the snowflake quiltghan, thread for snowflakes and angels, and the yarn for one of my February scarves. Also a book, cards, and scented candles for the other gals for Valentine's Day gifts. I've got Sarge restocked on food and water and litter.

:valday:vheart:valday

Have fun!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Friday scorecard. Please let me know if any changes need to be made.

:)

*Cathy* - I added 278 solid squares this week. Just let me know if any of those are bi-color and I'll change your total.

Cara (Misa)

Donna (sewnsew) 1551

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Cathy (crashcat07) 1354

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Heather (hseger) 1046

Val (Priszm) 1008

Wendy (Aussie) ***916

Denise (denisethorpe) 858

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***771

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Erin (EMedley) 567

Mary (Skysmom) *** 501

Tracy (tracystroebel) *** 485

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 465

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 297

Dusti (rii698) *** 229

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Selanda (crocrazy) 145

Jessica (jessicagil) 107

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 103

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Renee (renegade) 70

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

*** 2000 Squares Winner

Here is progress photo of the Angel ghan. Cara, I love the pattern. :manyheart

th_100_1691.jpg

That looks fabulous Tracy!! :clap I do believe you're farther along than I am :blush

I've almost finished packing and will soon be ready to go. I'm taking the turquoise and white yarn to start the snowflake quiltghan, thread for snowflakes and angels, and the yarn for one of my February scarves. Also a book, cards, and scented candles for the other gals for Valentine's Day gifts. I've got Sarge restocked on food and water and litter.

:valday:vheart:valday

Rats. Missed her :(

Well, here's hoping I'll actually get some crocheting done this evening :hook

And I'm reporting 26 solid and 1 bi-color.

Donna is now in first place! :cheer

:clap

:hi all. Hope you all keeping warm and safe. Or for Wendy and Pauline, cooling down. :D

Mary, 114 solids and 19 bicolours, please. :hook

Great progress Tracy.

Hi Heather ~ Oh no! A trip to HL! :lol I love HL and am due for a trip just to visit my friend who works there and stare at the yarn aisles. :) Looking forward to seeing your Pinwheel.

Cara ~ Yes, it got too warm here again today. I actually turned on the ac this evening. :eek

Linda ~ Have a safe trip to the reunion tomorrow. :yes

Miss Angel is coming along nicely...but sure am glad I don't have a deadline because it's going to be a while before she and the Penguin are finished. :blush

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

I decided to go with no deadline too. I was getting too stressed trying to work on all these projects so I had to make one a no deadline one for now.

I have 36 more solids to report. :D

Taking DD7 to her GS cookie booth sale. I'm bringing the angel to work on. I'm also hoping to be able to get the buff if they have it at WM today. Then I can finally start making some visible progress on her.

Taking DD7 to her GS cookie booth sale. I'm bringing the angel to work on. I'm also hoping to be able to get the buff if they have it at WM today. Then I can finally start making some visible progress on her.

Aw man! Too bad you don't live by me. I'd buy from your daughter in an instant. Apparently no one at work has daughters in Girl Scouts :(

:valday

Good Morning! It's cloudy and cold and I think we're going to stay in today. DH got home last night and has a terrible cold.

:( I'm going to stew a chicken and make my chicken soup with homemade noodles...maybe that will make him feel better. :)

Donna, good luck with the cookie sale! I've added 36 more for you.

Hi Miss Tabby! I hope you are doing okay and feeling much better.

:hug

Val, I think I'd eat a whole box of cookies if they were in the house.

:lol

Karen, I can't remember if anyone has used variegated yarn for saltines.

:think Don't know why they couldn't be used. :yarn

Karen, I can't remember if anyone has used variegated yarn for saltines.

:think Don't know why they couldn't be used. :yarn

I am actually thinking of doing some sort of impressionist painting style quilt-ghan. I bought a couple books for my Mom (for fabric quilting) and they are amazing. Maybe using different shades of variegated to make something in the impressionist style? :think I think I'm starting to like this idea :D

Has anyone doen any saltines and projects here using variegated yarn?? I have some left over from an afghan I am making and am contemplating using it in a quilt-ghan of some sort. Starting to think about this :yes

I've seen several quilt ghans made with variegated elements to them. They look really good :yes

:valday

Good Morning! It's cloudy and cold and I think we're going to stay in today. DH got home last night and has a terrible cold.

:( I'm going to stew a chicken and make my chicken soup with homemade noodles...maybe that will make him feel better. :)

Hope he feels better soon. I know homemade chicken soup would perk me up :D

I am actually thinking of doing some sort of impressionist painting style quilt-ghan. I bought a couple books for my Mom (for fabric quilting) and they are amazing. Maybe using different shades of variegated to make something in the impressionist style? :think I think I'm starting to like this idea :D

That's sounds lovely to me! :yes

Got a little done on the angel yesterday and I'm planning on more today :hook

:lol:valday:valday:valday:valday

:manyheart To All on this wonderful site. Haven't posted in awhile but been reading posts (or trying to ) on daily basis. It's so active here! :lol I'm still trying to finish Christmas Granny before starting on my ATW. Everyone else will be through before I can even get started!!

Since I just picked my :hook back up right before Christmas I have to just make my crochet time and now different ones are wanting stuff before I can even get through. But I must say I am learning lots just by reading all of your posts and beginning to actually feel very creative! Although I find I have so much to learn also! :( But I enjoy it here and just wanted to say thank you all! :hug

Got a little done on the angel yesterday and I'm planning on more today :hook

We had a really quiet, but nice day. Miss Angel now has part of her wings and the top of her head. :D

Hi Michelle! So glad you posted...we're always here and working on different patterns at different speeds. :hook

Hi Judy. :manyheart

'Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :ghug

'nite, Mary:hug

I've been crocheting letters to attach to the comfortghan we made for our neighbor....2 down, 3 to go.

CU in the morning!

Well, okay.. I have to admit the idea of joining a ton of little squares sounds a tad bit tedious to me since my track record with finishing square block projects isn't very good. Of course, the ones I never finished were items I intended to keep, while the few granny square projects I did finish were for gifts.

However, I am excited to see all these quilt-ghan patterns because I do love quilts.. I'm just pretty hopeless with a sewing machine. (Trust me on this one. I have many talents, so I'm not just selling myself short here or anything... Sewing just is not one of those talents. Hehe.)

So, I'm challenging myself to make one for my best friend's wedding in December of next year. She's going to look at the patterns on the website and let me know which one they both like.

I figure if I pace myself between other projects and schoolwork.. The 22 months or so I'll have by the time they pick a pattern and I go by the yarn should be enough to actually get one done.

Plus, if I do this as part of this CAL (my first since I am, obviously, new to these boards) that should be the motivation I need to *not* decide I'm sick of starting new squares or sick of stitching them together... And I'll actually finish.

Welcome! I warn you not to join us at the Sky CAL. Just stay here. :yes

:laughroll

Well, okay.. I have to admit the idea of joining a ton of little squares sounds a tad bit tedious to me since my track record with finishing square block projects isn't very good. Of course, the ones I never finished were items I intended to keep, while the few granny square projects I did finish were for gifts.

However, I am excited to see all these quilt-ghan patterns because I do love quilts.. I'm just pretty hopeless with a sewing machine. (Trust me on this one. I have many talents, so I'm not just selling myself short here or anything... Sewing just is not one of those talents. Hehe.)

So, I'm challenging myself to make one for my best friend's wedding in December of next year. She's going to look at the patterns on the website and let me know which one they both like.

I figure if I pace myself between other projects and schoolwork.. The 22 months or so I'll have by the time they pick a pattern and I go by the yarn should be enough to actually get one done.

Plus, if I do this as part of this CAL (my first since I am, obviously, new to these boards) that should be the motivation I need to *not* decide I'm sick of starting new squares or sick of stitching them together... And I'll actually finish.

Yeah, that Sky CAL is a hopeless cause for me. At this point, I wouldn't even attempt to pick up some of my old projects due to things like different dye lots 5 or 10 years later, yarn companies changing things around and even no dye lot yarns not matching anymore after a few years.

I had some black and white Caron simply soft buried that I dug out to use in a couple projects recently. I had to buy more black and more white to finish said projects.. The current black is not the same, it's a little duller. The current white is not quite as clean and bright.

Which.. Caron SS hasn't been the same quality lately as it was just a few years ago, unfortunately.

Welcome back, Michelle :hug And Happy Valentines to you as well :manyheart

Thank you, Cara!!

Hi, Michelle...

I haven't gotten back to working on my ATW, either:blush

We had a really quiet, but nice day. Miss Angel now has part of her wings and the top of her head. :D

Hi Michelle! So glad you posted...we're always here and working on different patterns at different speeds. :hook

Thank you Skysmom! Maybe this way I won't be kicked out! ;)

Hi Judy. :manyheart

'Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :ghug

'nite, Mary:hug

I've been crocheting letters to attach to the comfortghan we made for our neighbor....2 down, 3 to go.

CU in the morning!

Thanks Judy also! I am really interested in how you crochet letters to "attach" to afghans!?! My future DIL asked for " a white afghan with a large L in the middle in black and a black ruffle around it" , so I 'm trying to think of the prettiest way to do this.

Happy Valentine's to all and a good nite! :)

So my best friend and her fiance looked at all the various quilt-ghans on the site.. She liked the Christmas Goose pattern the best, he liked the Gingham Baby pattern the best, interestingly enough. It was also her second choice.

So.. I'll just be making a much larger version of the Gingham Baby quilt pattern in their wedding colors - blue and silver, just using a light grey yarn for the silver.

I'll make a trip out to Michaels in a couple weeks after UC Davis issues my next TA paycheck. :)

I will be happy when the Michaels opens in Woodland since I'm still learning my way around the Sacramento/Yolo county area and Woodland is much easier for me to navigate. There is a Jo-Anns in Woodland, but the store is really small.. The smallest Jo-Anns I've ever been in, actually. There is also a Wal Mart, but since they only carry the Eco version of Simply Soft these days I don't ever buy yarn there anymore. I use yarns other than SS, but it's my standard acrylic WW staple. Red Heart is too scratchy for me.

Thanks Judy also! I am really interested in how you crochet letters to "attach" to afghans!?! My future DIL asked for " a white afghan with a large L in the middle in black and a black ruffle around it" , so I 'm trying to think of the prettiest way to do this.

Happy Valentine's to all and a good nite! :)

Hi, Jess...those colors for your ATW sound pretty! Cara can also guide you about how many squares you can expect to get out of one sk of yarn so you won't run short.

About the letters. This is the first time I've crocheted any (I always use the graph method to work them in - on my older blog posts you can see examples). This time I wanted to wait to ask the recipient of the comfortghan what they wanted. I have a pattern book with the entire alphabet. The pattern writer for some of the letters seems to be someone with ESL, since I had to interpret, and frog a bit, but I have 2 finished and they look fine.

I prefer graphs, though. I've also embroidered letters, but don't care for how they turn out, either. Graphs are easy, and if you want some help with that email me...

Good morning ladies :flower

Welcome Jess :hug The quilts aren't near as daunting as you'd think. One little piece of advice though, sew the squares together as you go. Don't wait til the end to start sewing. I made that mistake the first time and just about gave up :lol

Up with the birdies (or at least Tuon :cat) today to hit JoAnn's big sale :yay Don't know if I'll actually buy anything or not but I just wanna browse without worrying about someone else's timeline. Feeling fairly decent the last two days so I will be driving myself and have all day if I'd like :D Oh and I have to go to the grocery store too but that's not nearly as exciting :devil

Archived