Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Tracy - I was picking on the Chinese Government.

There are a few American athletes that were ready to head to China, but the Chinese government revoked their Visas because they are activists against the violence in Darfur. I think that preventing athletes from competing for political reasons is all wrong.

I can't believe they would do that! It is supposed to be an international Games, not a political thing! That is just so wrong. :angry (I thought you were talking about credit card and not being able to buy yarn :D) I don't watch too much international news or anything like that. The only thing I have seen and remember is about a British woman that has been (or will be this week) deported after being arrested for taking part in a protest about Tibet near the Olympic "centre" in Beijing.

Good morning ladies :flower

K - That sounds like a neat book. I have one from the late 60s I believe that has some picture ghans in it. Found it at Goodwill right after I came up with the bus cuddle. Here I thought I was unique :lol

Mary - Yep, raring to go for the Games :yay Took the things for my last HIJ package out of the dryer this morning at 1:30 and packed it all up so I spent the rest of the night limbering up by making saltines out of the leftover bits. Dunno what I'm gonna do with those saltines but I'm getting quite a collection :lol

Okay, day out today. Gotta hit the PO, HL and the vet. Time for Tuon's monthly checkup. She seems to be doing well but she's gained quite a bit of weight looks like. And this time it's not just a swollen belly. She's chunky all over :lol

Good morning everyone :hi

Krystal that is just not right is it. The games shouldnt be political but it always seems to come into it. I feel sorry for those athletes that got denied entry to the Olympics.

Cara have a great day out, hope all is well with Tuon at the vet.:hug

Had a nice day out but man oh man is it HOT out there :sweat Tuon's sugar levels are right on the money so she's good there :yay

Bought 2 skeins of ILTCotton to see what it's like. Then Michaels had the 12 oz skeins of SnC that they had marked down to $5. When I got to the register they were only $2.39 :yay

FYI... the athletes whose visa were denied were not ones competing in the summer games...the ones I heard about were winter athletes whose only purpose was to go and protest.... as much as I don't believe governments shouldn't use the Olympics as a platform for their own personal agendas... athletes should not do it either...

the games start at 8:AM eastern time--- 8: PM Beijeng time tomorrow...

:)Exactly why I changed my avatar as a little inspiration! Give Peace a chance right?

FYI... the athletes whose visa were denied were not ones competing in the summer games...the ones I heard about were winter athletes whose only purpose was to go and protest.... as much as I don't believe governments shouldn't use the Olympics as a platform for their own personal agendas... athletes should not do it either...

the games start at 8:AM eastern time--- 8: PM Beijeng time tomorrow...

Mary reporting my saltine count now so I can start fresh in the AM so far from the last report

72 solids and 68 bi-colors

from now on the saltines will be the ones I'm making for the games... it works out to 32 solids and 32 bi-colors / block

Mary, 50 more solids for me please. :hook That only leaves 30 to finish this ghan; I have enough yarn left to do about 20 or so more. Will go get another skein of the red on Saturday to finish.

to Juliekay, I am currently making the penguin quilt for my sister for christmas shes gonna love it she collects penguins. Thanks for the great patterns

Had a nice day out but man oh man is it HOT out there :sweat Tuon's sugar levels are right on the money so she's good there :yay

Bought 2 skeins of ILTCotton to see what it's like. Then Michaels had the 12 oz skeins of SnC that they had marked down to $5. When I got to the register they were only $2.39 :yay

:yay for Tuon, Im so glad that she is ok. :hug Great bargains with the yarn. :clap

to Juliekay, I am currently making the penguin quilt for my sister for christmas shes gonna love it she collects penguins. Thanks for the great patterns

Welcome! :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Up and flexible (kinda) and ready for the Games :yay Where's Cheerleader Mary? :cheer :cheer

I'm jealous. I'm stuck at work today, so no crocheting until I go home.

Cara -- Great sales. I never get surprised like that at Michael's . Glad to hear Tuon is doing well.

Wendy -- if there's time, I'd sure like to see your koala-ghan as it progresses

Judy-- thanks for the tip of 2 strands and the K hook.I backed up and re-did the white tiles for the tub in the Ducky with 2 strands. Looks better, now

Mary -- 28 solids. Girls are with my folks for one more week. What can I do with my free time? I want to do this. I want to do that. Oh, I might as well sit on the deck and make saltines, because that is what I REALLY want to do, anyway.:hook

Shelly -- good luck...off to a fresh start with your saltines this morning.

Ducheus44 -- :welcome. Lots of friendly support here as you stitch and assemble your penguin cuddle. My SIL loves penguins, too, and that ghan has been talking to me. I may just have to start it, soon with Christmas in mind.

Pickles -- good luck with the upstart of your in-home daycare next year. Having Lennon and a few other young 'uns in your own care will make you happy. Like the others, I am anxious to see your patterns, once you have worked out the kinks.

Priszm -- Take heart. Your workday will soon come to an end, and then you can crochet. Have a good one!

DH is going fishing on Lake Superior next week, so I have been making meals and munchies for him to take along on the trip. Wow, I just realized I am going to be home alone for the bulk of next week...I could finish Just Ducky, couldn't I? :bounce

Good luck to all of you competing in the Games :cheer:cheer

Archived