Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi everyone. Now I remember why I like to stay home...vacations are a lot of work. :lol

Yes they are :lol

Cara you are more than welcome to put them in your ZOO along with the Koala, Rooster and whatever... I love designing graph-ghans I've got the butterfly one started... I'd love to one of the great Luna moth but it is more complicated than I want to tackle...

Just need to know if you got the design from a cross stitch pattern or if you came up with it. Copyright issues ya know :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelly, THANKS SO MUCH!!! Ella will LOVE it! :yay

Mary, please add 40 Solid and 2 Bi-Color squares to my total! I should have 98 altogether now and have pieced the first 3 rows and ready to piece the next 4! :hug

:rose Happy Anniversary to Cara and BD! :manyheart

Good Morning, ladies. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I have a big favor to ask! We're leaving for San Francisco tomorrow a.m. and will return Saturday night. Please keep a count of your squares til Friday or Saturday and then post them. We'll have a laptop with us and I will check in, but probably won't have time to check lots of posts. When we get back, I'll look back and make sure I haven't missed anyone. Thank you so much!

:hug

Oooops, I didn't see this request, Mary!

Shelly, THANKS SO MUCH!!! Ella will LOVE it! :yay

Mary, please add 40 Solid and 2 Bi-Color squares to my total! I should have 98 altogether now and have pieced the first 3 rows and ready to piece the next 4! :hug

Ok, I just counted out the number of squares I will need for the Elephantghan! I need 594 in all as it measures 22 x 27 rows! Not including the border, it will be approximately 55" x 67.5" if I use a "G" hook!

Back to homework now! :yes

Thanks, everyone. :manyheartWe're really looking forward to our trip!

I'm still here...squares are added. :hook

Suzanne ... you're more than welcome...

Cara... the pattern that I got the idea from was a free pattern with no name and it had a standing elephant all four feet on the ground... I changed just about everything about the pattern... the feet, the trunk, tail, shape of head, added a tusk, and added my own background.... the only thing that looks any thing like the picture is it's middle

the butterfly I got out of my grandangels picture book...

Mary - Have a wonderful trip :manyheart:hug

Ohhh I'm stuffed :) Went to eat out again. The steakhouse this time. That's enough eating out for a while :lol I think BD was bored. He hates going anywhere. I had a great time in spite of it :D

Gotta get up early tomorrow. Around 9 a.m. :eek That's the middle of the night in my world :lol But sister has the day off finally. I'm gonna make her lunch, see about getting Tuon to the vet and then I'm gonna help her (sister, not Tuon) study for a test. She's still in college. Been about 16 years now off and on. But she's been there steady for about 2 years now.

Think I'm gonna crochet for just a bit to wind down :hook

As Judy says use lightweight yarn and go down in size of hook. I know when Im using my G Hook the squares are a bit smaller again so you could even go down to a F hook.

I did some more squares for the IC last night and then went and made a milkcap toy.

Good Morning, ladies. The 2 hour time difference means I was awake at 4 a.m.:lol The flight was perfect and smooth so I was able to make some squares on the plane. Our room overlooks San Francisco Bay...it's beautiful! I hope everyone is okay and I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

Good Morning, ladies. The 2 hour time difference means I was awake at 4 a.m.:lol The flight was perfect and smooth so I was able to make some squares on the plane. Our room overlooks San Francisco Bay...it's beautiful! I hope everyone is okay and I'll check in when I can. :manyheart

That's one of my favorite cities! Enjoy!

What kind of boarder do you use? I seen a few in the nursing home where I work and they are all stretched out. I'm thinking a boarder might help keep shape. Ideas??

So glad you made it safe and sound and had an easy trip :manyheart

What kind of boarder do you use? I seen a few in the nursing home where I work and they are all stretched out. I'm thinking a boarder might help keep shape. Ideas??

Personally, I do a round of sc, then a round of dc, then finally a round of reverse sc. I've found this keeps things in shape :yes

Archived