Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi Hi Wendy :hi

Yes, the temptation is just too great. There are so many WIP's I need to get done, but here I am making saltines :lol

While planning for this one, I did find yarn I didn't remember having. And I'm sure there is more around here that I forgot about. I just have to find it all.

I've been cutting mine off! Hope it stays in place. And I certainly hope it does NOT all come out in the wash!

On the Preemie one I just finished, I weaved in some and cut off some.

I got to thinking about it.....since there is a knot and I was crocheting over the tail, it should be secure. Should :lol

We will see when I wash mine.

So far I have put together the three individual rows by leaving long tails on each of the saltines for piecing. Now I want to put the three rows together and am wondering if you guys use the same color of yarn and even longer tails across? Or do you change up the piecing colors according to the colors of the squares and use shorter tails across? :think

I try to use shorter tails, esp when there are lots of color changes... depends on what the colors are, too - whatever you can live with is my motto:hook Some people are very particular about changing colors to match - I'm not:devil

I have a quick question for you ladies.

When you start your saltines, if you crochet over the beginning tail, do you then go back and weave it in or do you just cut it off.

Most times I weave it back into the row...but I think it'll stay put even if you don't.

The 6 to 24 ripple thats in my album I made up just by going by what someone said to do to make another point in the valleys of the ripples. All you do is start crocheting half way down one valley and up halfway to the other side and then keep going back and forth decreasing as you go until you have one stitch left and it is level with the other points. Boy I hope that makes sense.

(quote from Wendy)

...Wendy, do you turn the RR when you do this?:think

When you start your saltines, if you crochet over the beginning tail, do you then go back and weave it in or do you just cut it off.

I cut off. Wow! You guys have been chatty today! DBF and I bought wood today! Woohoo! The frames for my bedspread are put together. We need to attach the backing board, add the batting and fabric and make "legs" to attach to the bed. Oh, and I found beads that will go very well and were cheap!

Howdy... popping in to put in my :2c

(of course)

Tracy - I think the girls on this side of the pond would take issue with the ties... they are very masculine (heck, even the BOYS here take issue with ties! :lol) Although, when you see how the public school kids dress here, I think maybe having the girls look like boys might not be a bad thing afterall.

As for the tail at the beginning? I weave mine in and out of the back loops of the chains in the starting loop for a few stitches, THEN I work over them. Then I clip it off when I'm done.

Here is the one I am making now.

I may change one of the colors though. I was trying to get my stash a little better organized (yarn out of bags and on the bookshelf, closet shelf, etc) when I came across a skein that might go better. We shall see :D

th_SaltineBlock4.jpg

clickable

That's gonna be very nice! :yes

I work over it and if there's any left I snip it :hook

I cut off. Wow! You guys have been chatty today! DBF and I bought wood today! Woohoo! The frames for my bedspread are put together. We need to attach the backing board, add the batting and fabric and make "legs" to attach to the bed. Oh, and I found beads that will go very well and were cheap!

Woo hoo!! :clap:cheer:woo

Wendy I pmd you about your 24 points ini the rr. I have the annies attic pattern and was gonna attempt it but i started with 12 and working my way to 24 i think lol. not sure if i will be able to figure it out with this pattern or not since i already started

Wendy I pmd you about your 24 points ini the rr. I have the annies attic pattern and was gonna attempt it but i started with 12 and working my way to 24 i think lol. not sure if i will be able to figure it out with this pattern or not since i already started

There's a RR CAL that has Aggie May's RR pattern with the additional points in the first post. I've heard it's super easy.

Tracy ~ Kyla looks so grown up in her uniform and she has a beautiful smile! I like the idea of uniforms in school...last week I drove near a high school at lunch time and couldn't believe the way kids looked. Girls had on short-shorts and guys had jeans hanging waaay too low. :eek

Mel ~ your designs are great! We're glad you're here...what took you so long? ;):lol

I am sooo slow with my quilt ghans. :blush I crochet over the beginning tail and then weave it back through once. I change colors a lot when joining rows...no wonder I'm slow. :D The first time I finished one of Cara's patterns I was a nervous wreck when it came time to wash and dry (Baby Blocks). Everyone here was so supportive and it came out just fine. What would I do without you guys? :manyheart

Mel that pattern looks very nice.

Tracy your DD looks great in her uniform.

Cara that's great that you are getting an estimate. Good luck with it. I know what you mean about buying with a budget. It takes some getting used to :yes

I think there was more but I can't remember. I've been working on the BIC on and off today. I plan to work on it tomorrow too. It's about 1/3 of the way done now.

suzanne... I have a graph for an elephant... I took it from a filet pattern... it will take me a little bit to transfer it to saltines.. My printer is not working right now but I could write it out if anyone knows how to transcribe from words to graph I could send it that way...

Do you want it as a picture ghan or just an elephant...

suzanne... I have a graph for an elephant... I took it from a filet pattern... it will take me a little bit to transfer it to saltines.. My printer is not working right now but I could write it out if anyone knows how to transcribe from words to graph I could send it that way...

Do you want it as a picture ghan or just an elephant...

However I can make it into a quilt ghan works for me! Thanks! :clap

Mary, please add 8 more solids and 6 bi-colored squares to my total! Thanks! :cheer

The 6 to 24 ripple thats in my album I made up just by going by what someone said to do to make another point in the valleys of the ripples. All you do is start crocheting half way down one valley and up halfway to the other side and then keep going back and forth decreasing as you go until you have one stitch left and it is level with the other points. Boy I hope that makes sense.

(quote from Wendy)

...Wendy, do you turn the RR when you do this?:think

Yes when Im making the extra points I do turn the ripple, you cant get out of this as you have to do each point seperately.

I crochet over it then cut off any excess.

Mel that pattern looks very nice.

Tracy your DD looks great in her uniform.

Cara that's great that you are getting an estimate. Good luck with it. I know what you mean about buying with a budget. It takes some getting used to :yes

I think there was more but I can't remember. I've been working on the BIC on and off today. I plan to work on it tomorrow too. It's about 1/3 of the way done now.

Congratulations on being 1/3 done on the BIC.

Mary, please add 24 solids for me please :D

What took me so long?? The fear of sewing squares together and then having it stay together :lol

I still worry that mine will fall apart but then when I go to un pick some squares that I have sewn together and it takes me forever to do this I then know they will not come apart. :lol

Archived