Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Suzanne I guess I didnt explain it too well did I. Have you selected a pattern to start with, oh and welcome to the group.

lilrnbwshorty welcome to the group, you will love making these ghans.

Ok finished the 11th Grecian Tile square. Im sewing as I go so I dont end up like my butterfly quilts where currently there are 246 3 row squares waiting to be sewn together.:eek

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
POINTS... internal competion called the saltine smackdown IC= Irish Chain... a pattern a lot of us are doing right now..

Ok, I've heard of the Saltine Smackdown before, but I didn't realize it was a part of this thread! So when I post the squares I've made toward my quilt ghans, those are my "saltines" to add to the Saltine Smackdown, right?

Aaaaaaah, I get the IC now, too! Thanks! :hug

Suzanne I guess I didnt explain it too well did I. Have you selected a pattern to start with, oh and welcome to the group.

Yes, I've chosen three - Just Ducky Cuddle Quilt, Pretty Gingham Baby Quilt, and the Penguin Cuddle Quilt. I am looking for one with an elephant in it, too, if someone can steer me in the right direction! :yes

Thanks for the welcome!

I got 12 solids done last night.

Added:hook

Ok, I've heard of the Saltine Smackdown before, but I didn't realize it was a part of this thread! So when I post the squares I've made toward my quilt ghans, those are my "saltines" to add to the Saltine Smackdown, right?

Aaaaaaah, I get the IC now, too! Thanks! :hug

Hi Suzanne! Yes, the Smackdown is just for fun and anyone can join in if they're making the "two round" grannies. Solids are 1 point, bicolors are 2 points, etc. Please put something like "Mary - 5 solids" in your post so I won't miss it! :hook

Added:hook

Hi Suzanne! Yes, the Smackdown is just for fun and anyone can join in if they're making the "two round" grannies. Solids are 1 point, bicolors are 2 points, etc. Please put something like "Mary - 5 solids" in your post so I won't miss it! :hook

Ok, I can do that! Thanks! :hook

So who's up for a :sleep? I'm sitting here :tired and wishing I could curl up anyplace and nap!

I'm up for a nap. Day off today and not feeling real motivated. Though I have attached one more row of Ducky and started another row.

Joyce

JulieKay: i tried to PM you but for some reason i dont have that option for you. i hope it isnt to late to join if its not then please add me to your list! im doing the love letters with my scrap yarn. thanks again! :yay

JulieKay is taking some time off right now. She pops in once in a while. We've gotten good at this and can be good on our own now....most of the time :devil

So anyone who wants to join up just jumps right in! :yay So welcome to the group :hug We have a lot of fun in here :D

I was up by 1:00 today :eek I'm shocked, too :lol I actually slept really well last night and feel pretty good. BD has taken today and Monday (our anniversary) off so it's just lazy daisy days :c9 We do have to go to the grocery store sometime today but other than that I see a long pajama weekend in our future :lol

ACK my post got eated... I was ranting too - maybe there is a message there for me and I shouldn't have been ranting :badidea

Anywho, lots of construction on campus and the beeping of backing up trucks was driving me nutty. So home early I am :D Now to spend some time relxing with my hook (or sewing saltines together)

I was up by 1:00 today :eek I'm shocked, too :lol I actually slept really well last night and feel pretty good. BD has taken today and Monday (our anniversary) off so it's just lazy daisy days :c9 We do have to go to the grocery store sometime today but other than that I see a long pajama weekend in our future :lol

Happy anniversary you two :hug

Our anniversary is on Wednesday :manyheart

Mary, 20 solids for me, please. :hook

Mary, 43 more solids for me, please. :hook

I got 25 more solid saltines done last night.

:hug

Squares are added for you all. I'll post the scores in a little while. :D

Saltine Smackdown Information

1. Everyone is welcome to join as long as you are making grannies with two rounds. (approx. 2½” to 3”)

2. One color squares = 1 point

Two color squares = 2 points

Three color squares = 3 points…yep! Linda T. and others have made these, as well as with 4 colors!

3. Just give the number of squares and what type they are in a post and we'll keep a scorecard. It's a good idea to keep your own totals, too – just in case the scorekeeper (right now that would be Mary) really messes things up. ;)

4. Anyone who reaches 2000 points is automatically a winner and will start over at zero. It’s entirely optional to send winners a small gift, card, etc.

5. This has been lots of fun since we started in January, ’08…Enjoy! :hook

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and have FUN curling up in those jams!!! :yes:clap:)

Archived