Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

I wanted to post progress on my Windwalker lapghan. I can see looking at it in the photos I should've made more color changes when putting the blocks together, but over all, I'm pleased with it.

th_DSCF0788.jpg

(clickable)

I'm so glad I found this CAL and these patterns.

Joyce

I think the colors you used are great! its very pretty ! :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the graph. To quote someone here (:think all though at the moment I can't remember who) Easy Peasy!

I need some help and I thought someone in here might know. There is a knit pattern out there basically where you make fish and because of the shape they are like interlocking to make a ghan. Here is one of the patterns I think:

http://millemakes.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/millesfish_070908.pdf

anyways I'm wondering if anyone knows of a crochet pattern like this or how to convert a knit pattern to crochet? Thanks!

Val - Your ghans are fabulous! :clap

Joyce - And your Windwalker is coming out great! Love the color choices :yes

Pickles - I'd just do the fish using the chart and sc. The charts show where the increases and decreases would be. That came out as a very nifty ghan :yes

finally got the comp back from my #1DD...

Today's (and yesterday) Report 9 solid and 30 bi-colored

I have all the blocks made for 5 blocks.. I have 4 blocks all made with tails tucked in and the 5th block 1/2 put together... I think I may get it done... I figured out so far I have made 320 blocks and half of them were bi-colored

Howdy everyone

Pickles I just love your irish graph, cant wait to see what it looks like when you start it.

Shelly your making great progress. :cheer

Joyce I really like the colors your using in your windwalker, great progress. :clap

Prizm your games projects are fabulous. :clap

Yep, we went to Publix. a LOT less people there :lol

Here's my finished games projects! They're clickable. The RR is Aggie May's pattern. I used 2 strands throughout and N hook. I started with Caron SS off white, then Red Heart Cornmeal and the last one is called California Poppy. The label is from some store I've never heard of and DBF says has been closed for at least 15 years. And it's a lot brighter than the picture shows :D

th_RRlapghan.jpg

th_Heartlapghan1.jpg

th_HeartLapghan2.jpg

Those both look very nice. I really like how the hearts came out.

I wanted to post progress on my Windwalker lapghan. I can see looking at it in the photos I should've made more color changes when putting the blocks together, but over all, I'm pleased with it.

th_DSCF0788.jpg

(clickable)

Joyce

Joyce that looks great. The colors go really good together.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the graph. To quote someone here (:think all though at the moment I can't remember who) Easy Peasy!

I need some help and I thought someone in here might know. There is a knit pattern out there basically where you make fish and because of the shape they are like interlocking to make a ghan. Here is one of the patterns I think:

http://millemakes.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/millesfish_070908.pdf

anyways I'm wondering if anyone knows of a crochet pattern like this or how to convert a knit pattern to crochet? Thanks!

That would make a cute ghan. Not really sure how you'd go about doing it in crochet though.

th_DSCF0788.jpg

(clickable)

Joyce

I like it... Very pretty colors

i have 16 solids to add :D

Today's (and yesterday) Report 9 solid and 30 bi-colored

Mary,

26 solids please,

I laid it all out yesterday, I am closer to finishing then I thought.

Cathy

Super progress, Ladies! :yes

Hi everyone. :rain We are sooo thrilled to have rain and cooler weather today. My yard is drinking it up and looking happier by the minute. ;)

The athletes all sound busy~Can't wait for pictures! :cheer

Valerie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's sister. :hug

Other than a trip to the store, I plan to be here all day watching the rain and crocheting some, too. :hook

Thanks for the compliments all.

Cara, I have a question. In the picture of the Windwalker at your site, it looks like there's an additional row of dark green saltines all the way around. Am I seeing that right? Or is it just the border?

Joyce

Thanks for the compliments all.

Cara, I have a question. In the picture of the Windwalker at your site, it looks like there's an additional row of dark green saltines all the way around. Am I seeing that right? Or is it just the border?

Yes, I added an extra row of saltines around it before the border because it didn't seem big enough to me :yes

wow everyone does such great work. I only hope to do half as good.

Welcome! C'mon in and join us :hook

Mary - Enjoy your rain! I'm hoping some of that travels down to our end of the interstate. It's very overcast and humid out there so I'm hoping. At least it keeps the temps down :yay It's only 85 degrees here which is like a winter morn compared to recent broiling days :yes

:yay for rain. Well, for Cara anyway. :lol I could try to send you some of ours if you like? :D

That'd be good. Ours didn't last very long :irk Did bring the temp down to 73 though.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I love how they turned out and I'll probably be doing another RR to send Sissie with the leftovers :D

Cara, I'll send you whatever rain we get tomorrow if you'd like.

Archived