Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

:lurk

after long duration I finally decided on the diamond squares crochet quilt, I know not what I've got myself into......502 saltines, 192 bi-colored! :eek

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy everyone,

Mary and Cara, hope the weather calms down for you both soon.

Linda cant wait to see the puppy ghan your making.

Daphne Im glad you had a good trip, I would be tired too from all that sitting but at least you got some squares done and as Linda says dont be scared to post what you have done so far. We all go at our own pace.

Smith welcome to the group, you picked a nice quilt and dont get overwhelmed with the amount of squares it takes. Just go at your own pace and you will get there. If you need any help with them or with the joining part just yell out. All the ladies in here including me will gladly help you.

:lurk

after long duration I finally decided on the diamond squares crochet quilt, I know not what I've got myself into......502 saltines, 192 bi-colored! :eek

You can always do an Around the World version, using the same colors...no bi-colors:D

I ahve the chart if you want it...

And welcome:hug

Morning.

I won't be in much today but wanted to say morning. I got sicker as the night went on. My temp. got up to 102 & I feel really weak like i'm ready to fall over. I have to get the kiddos on the bus and then i'm laying back down until the Dr.'s office opens.

Have a great day, my friends.

Tabby! Poor thing...sending you positive thoughts...and hugs. Is there someone who can drive you to the doctor?

I haven't been doing many saltines. I'm trying to finish up that Plum Granny ripple and the Black/Maroon ghan. I need both for Xmas presents and want to get them out of the way so I can work on the Kitty Quilt with a clear conscience. :yes

I was playing around and got this idea from a kitchen tile. I changed it a little, the original was kind of boring. I

KitchenTileV2.jpg?t=1204550537

Wow,you ladies are all kinda chatty this morning! :lol

Wendy - I have afghans I'm working on that are squares, but they're larger. If I don't see another square in my life, I'd be happy.. :yes I didn't even like squares to begin with, but the moneey was right.

Cara sucked another one it.... welcome, Smith!

Tabby.....YIKES!! Hope you start feeling like your old self soon.

Thanks for the welcome!

You can always do an Around the World version, using the same colors...no bi-colors:D

I ahve the chart if you want it...

And welcome:hug

can I see??

Tabby- I hate it that you are sick. I had the flu in Feb. and it was awful.

Mary- Thanks for the welcome. I will get more comfortable as I get to know people better.

Linda- I am encouraged and will try and do an update

Tracy- Thanks for the encouragement.

Have a great day everybody.:D

Good Morning, ladies. :) I've been up since 4:30, but with lots of thunderstorms I didn't want to leave the computer on. Now it's just rain and supposed to turn to snow later on.

:welcomeSmith! That is a beautiful pattern. :yes

Tabby, please get better soon. :hug Maybe the doctor will give you some antibiotics?

Leslie, thank you for another wonderful design. :hook

Morning, everyone. I'm definitely not functional yet. My weekend hasn't been terribly exciting, but I've gotten a lot of extra sleep and am feeling much better for it. Took a long nap yesterday afternoon and have eaten out twice.

Smith, Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you join us. :welcome

Judy, 102 degrees for an adult is dangerous. You take care of yourself. Push lots of fluids and take it easy. :hug

Leslie, that's another lovely pattern you've come up with. :yay:clap:yay

Good morning ladies :flower

Tabby - Oh dear. That's too high a fever for a grown up. Make sure you call the doctor. Hope you're better real soon :hug

Leslie - Oooh I really do like that new pattern :yes I know what you mean about seeing patterns everywhere. The design for Patches was based on a tile pattern in the bathroom of a steakhouse we stopped at on a road trip once :lol :lol

Daphne - Aww honey don't be embarrassed :hug I darned sure didn't do 100 squares this weekend :lol :lol

Linda - Glad you're feeling better. This long weekend might've been just the thing you needed :D

Mary - Raining here too. Never did hear any thunder though. Woke up around 5 because I thought the a/c unit was making a weird sound but it was the rain hitting it. Think it might've had a little sleet in it because it was a little loud :lol

Smith - Welcome to the group :hug And remember the first rule is never, ever count the total squares. None of us would ever do another quilt as long as we lived if we did that :rofl :rofl

Oh it's a dreary, dreary day here in the neighborhood. Raining and a little colder. It's supposed to snow up at Mary's end of the interstate but I think ours will just be rain. Sounds like a great day to stay in and crochet :hook I'm trying desperately to put off a load of laundry until the new machine arrives but I don't think I'm gonna make it :lol

Hi Linda~I'm glad you had a good weekend and got lots of rest. Are Kim and John home now?

Cara~Now they're saying the snow shouldn't be bad-but we can't trust the weather people. :lol I'm going to HL after while...it seems I got too many skeins of one color and not enough of another. :think They sell yarn so fast and I want to make sure I have what I need.

Have a great morning!

Linda, Cara, Mary, Judy thanks for the compliments.

Cara it's too bad you can't crochet them as fast as you can chart them. Yikes, :eek, I'd be drowning in quilts. What a way to go.

I saw some Celtic knotwork and thought up these.

Celtictilevers1.jpg?t=1204559585

I just couldn't get rid of the border on this one. Don't you just hate computers sometimes.

th_Celtictilevers2.jpg I also don't know why this one saved so small. GRRR.

smith... that is easy name for me to remember it was my maiden name... here is a photo of a trip around the world i made as a baby ghan... it is not done yet but should give you an idea of the pattern.

crafts002-1.jpg

Archived