Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hmm must have left the site open, you all probably thought I hadnt gone to bed.

How are you all today. its a great morning, just a pity I have to go to work.

Tabby I like both patterns, cant wait to see your progress on it. Maybe the lanterns can be a pattern on their own.

Cara take care wont you, we dont want you down for the count.

Mary howdy, hows the dragonfly ghan going.

Linda Im sure they will love the preemis ghans. Hows your LOTL coming along.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mary & Wendy. :)

Mary~It is called the chinese puzzle quilt block. I haven't claimed it because it technically isn't mine. I just made a quilt block into a crochet block. Here's a link to the original quilt block, very pretty. http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ChinesePuzzleBlock.html I have no clue how that works on how & when a pattern becomes your own. Got me. :D

Hi, Indigo. I would hate to even guess at an average for any of us. When I'm in the mood to crank them out I can do 12 - 14 solids in an hour and 10 - 12 bi-colors in an hour. When I'm putting squares together I can do anywhere from 25 to 50 in a day if I'm not interrupted too often. We all work at different speeds and lots of things figure in how speedy we are. Interruptions, arthritis, illness, or what kind of a mood we're in can all affect the outcome. And it really doesn't matter how fast or how slow we are. It's that we are doing something we love and creating things of beauty.

Tab - The Chinese Puzzle block is an old block come to find out. :yes Yours is an adaptation of a traditional block. If it were me, I'd say it's yours :yes You didn't even follow the same graph she had. Lots of mine are crochet adaptations of traditional blocks. There's no way to tell what woman out on the prairie 200 years ago came up with the thing :D

Indigo - Don't mind at all. C'mon in and pull up a hook :hook Linda has it right though. It varies widely. One day last week I made 82 saltines in one day. That doesn't happen every day but I was having a crochet only day. Yesterday I made 18. Just depends on how much time and patience you can actually spend. There. Was that a muddy enough answer for ya :lol

Thanks for the well wishes everyone :manyheart I've taken it real easy and even made myself take a nice long nap. Too long really but now I'm rested :D Tomorrow's shot day and if I'm feeling punk on shot day I end up sick from the shot. But I'm ready now :yes

Stew in the crockpot ready for supper so I've got a light night. I see more saltines in my evening :hook

Hi Indigo ~ Join in anytime! :yes

Cara, stew sounds wonderful...I could eat soup or stew every night. DH will go for soup once in a while, but too often is pushing it. :lol

Wendy, my dragonfly is growing slowly. For that matter, so is my quilt ghan. :blush I'm trying to do at least a little bit on each when I can.

Howdy,

Mary you will get there, dont worry.

Indigo would you like to join us, come on you know you wanna. These patterns are fantastic, they are easy to do and so portable. Once you have made one you will be hooked.

Cara hope you have taken it easy with your hands.

Hey guys - think I'll be joining you, cuz hubby just picked out Cara's Argyle for me to make :D He thinks it's really cool!

Anyway going back through a couple pages and Cara asked about the lavendar pounders. They aren't RH, but Caron pounders. I've got a couple here from teh last time they were on sale - always buy a couple pounders when on sale. AC Moore carries the Caron, the RHSS (sometimes) and Lion Brand pounders...

Good morning ladies :flower

My hands are actually feeling better today :yay My sleep schedule, however, is off. I took a long nap yesterday because BD doesn't go to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning. I got to bed between 10 and 11. But he's gotten into wanting to watch SG-1 with me in the bedroom starting at about 10. I keep falling asleep. :blush So I napped to stay awake and then he went to bed at 8:30 last night :oops After the nap though I was wide awake until almost 3 am :lol

Oh well, I now need a nap already so I'm gonna go lie down. Then I'm gonna get back to the saltines. After making these 3 ghans right in a row I'm completely addicted all over again. I can't even think up anything else to make unless it involves saltines :lol :lol

Tammy, Welcome to the group! :welcome The Argylesque a very pretty pattern. Of course, I think all of her patterns are pretty.

Hi, Wendy. I have four of the last six blocks together and only have 6 or 8 of the remaining blocks that need their tails hidden, then it's just sewing the last two blocks together and attaching the that strip to the rest and adding the border. My goal was to have it done by the end of the month and I think I might get it done by tomorrow or this weekend.

Mary, your dragonflies will get done before you know it. What you have done so far is just gorgeous.

Tabby, those Chinese blocks are going to be great as a quiltghan.

Hi, everyone else. Yesterday was very cold and windy here and it's still windy today. I think it a bit warmer though. Have a good day!

Don't know when I've gotten so much done in a day and it's only 1:30! :eek I have about an hour at the desk and then crochet time. :)

Linda ~ Sounds like you'll make it by the end of Feb. :hook

Cara, I hope you were able to get a nap in. For so many years, Maggie has had to go out during the night. Lately, she's sleeping straight through but I still wake up and check on her. :lol

Morning everyone,

Well I got a total of zilch done last night. I got a new mobile phone last night so I have been mucking around with it. Would you believe it has internet on it and DH just about fainted when he saw the crochetville site on my phone.

Tammy its great that you have joined us. Welcome and have fun making the saltines.

Linda wow your nearly done, thats fantastic.

Cara hope you have rested well. You sure have been busy with the ghans, hows the ribbons and bows coming along.

Morning everyone,

Well I got a total of zilch done last night. I got a new mobile phone last night so I have been mucking around with it. Would you believe it has internet on it and DH just about fainted when he saw the crochetville site on my phone.

:rofl :rofl :rofl:rofl

I can just imagine the thoughts going through his mind "now she won't be off of that site even when we not home :eek"

I am first seriously impressed with the quilts on Happy Yellow House. I'm also impressed with the work from all you here... WOW!:eek

What an amazing design idea for crocheting... and what awesome work!!!

:thinkI have a couple questions....

1) is it too late to join in on the fun?

2) would it be alright to design my own quilt?

thanks all............ have a great day

:mug

Tam, on behalf of Cara, (founder of the HH sie) and the rest of us loonies here let me charge right in and say....WELCOME!

And about making your own design...We're always greedylooking for new designs...

Well, I would be glad to join in the fun! I'm currently starting one of the ghans but am very nervous about it. I'll be excited when I get one "block" done so I'll have a better idea about how it's all going to work up. The little squares do work up quick and I need portable projects so this is perfect. Anyway, it's nice to meet y'all!:)

Tam and Indigo, Welcome! Welcome!! Welcome!!! Questions are welcome any time you run into a problem. I'll bet we've all already asked it, so don't be shy. Cara has inspired a number of us to create our own patterns so it's perfectly all right if you want to create one or more.

Welcome, Tam! It's never too late to join. :) And we love to see new patterns!

Hi Indigo. About a year ago, I made my first of Cara's patterns and I got lots of help...you can always come here if you have questions or problems. :yes

I'm trying to post pictures of my latest preemie afghans. I shrank them to the right size on photobucket but the last time I tried importing them they were big, so they apparently have changed something again. I'll try here and see what happens. Success! Squares (17 inches square), a super-sized Becky's Block (21 inches square), and a design I made up as I went (22 inches square).

DCP_1359.jpgDCP_1358.jpg

DCP_1357.jpg

Archived