Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hi Wendy

Well, I am sleeping for the majority of the day, so i guess I am looking after myself . Try to stay awake long enough to keep cam, then it's back to sleep .

Yea, my afgha is turning out pretty. I am sewing each square on as I make it, so it's all in one piece at least .

I'll maybe get up the gumption to take a photo of it this weekend .

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooohh, Mary, that is gorgeous. :yes

Cara, I have bookmarked those patterns, not sure when or who for they will be done though. :think

Hello, Julie, :cheer.

I am having a lazy day today. Trying to decide if should carry on working doing what I am now, they have asked me if I would do more as the other deal fell through, but not sure if I should or not as they have not mentioned how I would benefit if I worked more hours for them or where I would be working from. I wanted to work from home so that I would be home during school holidays, etc. Sounds selfish, but I would have less time to be working on starting my own business and doing my own thing. :scrachin:blink

Here are my first 3 blocks only 6 to go.

Do my birdy's look ok.

You can see from the photo that this one is just a bit wider than the Casablanca. My puddytat Coco was inspecting the blocks from the bed.

Im looking forward to the next blocks as Im quite sick of doing white squares.

th_P1030122.jpgclickable

K - 25 Solid squares and 2 bicolors

Mary just ducky looks great. I really like the green tiled background.

Julie it's good to see you. I've been thinking of you the last few days. I'm glad your resting when you can. Have the doctors started doing anything to help you feel better?

Wendy your quilt is looking good so far. I think the birds look good.

Wendy I like the birds much better than the Grey "clouds"

K- solids 56, bi-color 32 for this week

I'll see ya all sometime Monday night. I'm going to my Mom's for the weekend and taking Angel with me. Haley is having a weekend with her Aunt on Dad's side of her family. Hubby is working Sat and Sun so that leaves DD#1 with noone to worry about all weekend.. she will have peace and quiet... she probably will sleep most of it away

Good morning ladies :flower

Julie - Hi ya hon :hug Sure hope they find a solution to whatever has got you stuck on the injured list :( We sure do miss you around here :manyheart Sounds like you're making a little progress on the crochet though. Take care my friend :hug

Tracy - You've been a busy bee again this week haven't you? :clap

Wendy - Oh yes, I like the birds very much indeed :yes Excellent call to redo it. Looks great so far :clap

Finished block #5 of 6 on LL yesterday. Now it'll take me two days or so to finish the last one then the border :yay I'm so sick of this thing :lol It is coming out cute though :yes

'Morning. :) Thanks to all of you for the compliments! :manyheart It feels strange not to be making or joining squares. :lol

Oh Julie, it's so good to see you here. We'd love to see that picture of your ghan. :yes

Tracy, I don't think it's selfish at all for you to want to work from home. Hope you can work something out. :hug Your WIPs all look great!

Wendy, the birdies look great. :yes

Cara ~ Wow! Congrats on being so close to finishing.:cheer

Sorry if I missed anyone. Have a great morning/evening.

Renee great colors you have picked cant wait to see your progress.

Well, right now my progress is just a stack of saltines (all ends woven in I'm proud to say). I'm just going through a skein at a time right now, because there's so many in a single color. At some point, I'll start to piece the thing together, but it might be a while. But I love the colors, and I hope by next winter, I have a nice, new Casa bedspread to keep me warm!

K total is 119 solid,70 bi-color, 1 and 1. sorry I haven't changed my sig yet

That's what I have.. Good. :D

Well, right now my progress is just a stack of saltines (all ends woven in I'm proud to say). I'm just going through a skein at a time right now, because there's so many in a single color. At some point, I'll start to piece the thing together, but it might be a while. But I love the colors, and I hope by next winter, I have a nice, new Casa bedspread to keep me warm!

I am glad I'm not the only one that likes to change up how I assemble the afghans. Some afghans I like to do one color at a time, others one block at a time, sometimes I like to join as I go, others I like to join all at the end. I find it refreshing to change things up as I go, as silly as that sounds!

Just taking a break from working on taxes, DH's expenses, etc. :compute

Thanks for the comments, ladies. :)

Krystal, I can't remember if I told you...Totals are: 92 solid and 5 bi-color. Thank you!

Just a thought...I wonder if we could write off yarn as an entertainment expense? :lol

Or medical? It is therapy - and cheaper than meds:lol:lol

...and that shawl is really pretty - I printed out the pattern - and the lace one she had there. Thanks for sharing!

Morning everyone

Thanks everyone, Im glad you all like my birdies.

Linda speaking of birdies, you know the middle square of the birdy, you could make that into a pattern with the squares. Have all the squares with the same color for the birdy and when you put them together you would have a great pattern going along the row. Does this make sense.

Tracy great start on your ghan.:clap

Cara your nearly there with the LL. You will have it done in no time. Then you can start your Amish.

Shelly have a great time at your Mum's place.

Mary you sound like you need another Saltine project.

Judy how goes it.

Renee your making great progress on your saltines. We all have our own way of doing the colors. I started like that, making heaps of the one color then onto the others, enough so I could have a good start in the sewing part.

Good morning, Wendy:hug

I'm just checking in before going off to feed my furbabies.

Free of crochet projects - for the moment - you know that won't last long:lol

Krystal, I can't remember if I told you...Totals are: 92 solid and 5 bi-color. Thank you!

Yep, got it.

Just a thought...I wonder if we could write off yarn as an entertainment expense? :lol

No, but you CAN write off the price of the yarn if you donate the item to charity. :yes :yes Make sure you have receipts for the yarn as well as a letter/receipt for the place you donated the item(s) to.

Free of crochet projects - for the moment - you know that won't last long:lol

That won't happen in a decade for me. :no

Archived