Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cara howdy, hows the love letters going.

Tracy that would be annoying that you leave London for that job and now they are taking it back there. Hope you can find another way to work from home, making clothes for boutiques sounds like a great idea, good luck with it.

I watched the Mens Semi Finals tennis tonight and boy this guy from France beat Rafael Nadal in straight sets, what a match. Hopefully he is up against Federer in the final, what a match that will be.

Ok back to making a few more squares before bed.

I couldn't be up in the middle of the night to watch this match. I love to watch Nadal, so I hope the guy who beat him has a good match on Sunday.

Here is the latest picture of the Lady of the Lotus.

DCP_1346.jpg It's on top of Kim and John's queen sized bed. I've now started on the 5 blocks for the bottom. Have one block already crocheted.

Wow Linda, that is really looking nice. :yes

Denise, good to see you back. :hook

Had a lazy day, just did a bit of crocheting on a matinee jacket, took a walk into town, came back, read some blogs, crocheted some more, made supper (grilled turkey breasts with nando sauce, caramilised carrots and cauliflower with cheese sauce). The kitchen is clean already and DD is vacuuming the house for me while my cousin's son is in the bath. Once DD has done all her homework, both children will go to bed and I can do some more crocheting. :crocheting

Linda...the ghan is looking great! :clap

Cara, I love the blue Amish deign, like the second one too (but would likely use red and ...maybe purple.. with the black and white. Though now I'm not sure of the white. The third didn't remind me of the Amish quilts/designs I've seen...though maybe I'm wrong there.

I also love the feel of the light hooks, even w/out the light on!!

Morning everyone,

Mary congratulations for finishing Just Ducky. What is your next project.

Cara I like those designs but I like the blue the best, not sure that I could do all that black though.

Linda that looks just amazing and its going to be huge.

DCP_1346.jpg It's on top of Kim and John's queen sized bed. I've now started on the 5 blocks for the bottom. Have one block already crocheted.

I love this more and more each time I see it! It is such an heirloom - just gorgeous. :yes

Renee ~ Your colors will be wonderful for the Casa. :yarn

Wendy, for now I think I'll get back to the Dragonfly ghan. I'm no good at working on more than one thing at a time. :lol Of course in a day or so, I'll probably be making more squares.

K:-60 done yesterday!!

K - 33 solids and 3 bicolors for me tonight.

Ok Im going to bed now, its another late night again, nearly midnight here.

Night all.

K- 50 total saltines

Got all of you!

Are you going to submit this to a publication? The design is GORGEOUS!!!

Cara - I love Amish 2 :D BLUE!

Are you going to submit this to a publication? The design is GORGEOUS!!!

Krystal, I can't submit this to Cara's site since it is a variation on an already existing pattern in another media and not an original idea of mine. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Cara, after much frustration I have finally gotten a copy of Paint Shop Pro off eBay. It's being shipped today. Once it arrives, I'll transfer the pattern for Mr. Rooster to that and get it off to you. And THEN.......... I'm going to try coming up with some original patterns of my own that I've been toying with. :devil These won't be takeoffs on someone else's patterns. So we shall see what I come up with.

Linda - The LOTL is looking absolutely fabulous! :clap

Got the yarn today for the green Amish looking one :yes They didn't have enough of two blues that I liked for the first one. That's what I get for trying to buy yarn when they're having a big yarn sale :lol

Judy - I got RHSS in Light Sage and Caron Pounder in Hunter. Gonna use off white instead of white on it though, I think. After reading your comment about the white I must agree :yes I love having y'all to run things by :D

Wendy - Yes, eventually but I'd like to have finished models before I do. I don't mind releasing a few charts but I don't want it to be all charts and no models :P

Cara, off white is a good choice - I love that with green. In fact, my bedroom has sage and off white as part of the color scheme:) (Phil's idea...soothing, he said. I still love the red guest room best:D)

Krystal, I can't submit this to Cara's site since it is a variation on an already existing pattern in another media and not an original idea of mine. Thanks for the compliment, though.

Cara, after much frustration I have finally gotten a copy of Paint Shop Pro off eBay. It's being shipped today. Once it arrives, I'll transfer the pattern for Mr. Rooster to that and get it off to you. And THEN.......... I'm going to try coming up with some original patterns of my own that I've been toying with. :devil These won't be takeoffs on someone else's patterns. So we shall see what I come up with.

I was thinking that you could (a) approach the original designer, or (b) approach the original publisher and then let THEM do the legwork on the modification. I wasn't saying to push it off as your own necessarily. I think it would be worthy of getting that permission to put it into a different media.

Hi Gang

Thought I'd drop in and tell you I'm still kicking. Not very high, but kicking . I have attempted to catch up on posts, which is a losing battle for me right now. I have read the last couple pages though .

Cara- your new designs will be pretty .

Mary- your ducky turned out so cute -- you do such perfect work !

Hello to everyone else ,too .

I am still crocheting, just in slow gear . Working on 3 baby items, along with some saltines for my Leslie-ghan .

Archived