Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hey there, Wendy. I'm back to working on the Lady of the Lotus. Have started joining these three blocks to what was done before Christmas. Want to get it done, just lost all my drive there for a while.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im back from swimming. I decided to swim myself and do some laps, now Im tired and I reckon if I sat in front of the tv I would dose off.

Mary hows Just Ducky going.

Linda you will get LOTL done dont worry. Sometimes on a big project we can lose our drive to get on with it, but once you start doing it again you will get more done. You go girl.:cheer

Hey there, Wendy. I'm back to working on the Lady of the Lotus. Have started joining these three blocks to what was done before Christmas. Want to get it done, just lost all my drive there for a while.

What does the Lady of the Lotus look like? I haven't seen it on Cara's site.

Just curious...

Woohoo :jumpyay....im halfway done....just sewed the last square on to make it that way....it is so cool!!!

Will try to get photos tomorrow if its sunny for photo friday...I AM SO EXCITED :woo

I am headed to bed since its 4:30 am in the morning :eek...will catch up on posts when i get up.

K:-60 done yesterday!!

I work part time from home, but it is strange hours sometimes and every now and then I get extra work added, just when I want to stop for the day and crochet. :( Most of the time the work is ok. I won't have the job soon, so I shouldn't really complain and find something else to do from home. :yes

Shay way to go, cant wait to see it so I can see what the picture is.

Tracy what sort of work do you do from home, if you dont mind me asking. I have always wanted to work from home but dont really know what to do.

I have block 2 done and am sewing squares for block 3. The birdy is now in place in block 2 and looks much better I think. Im going to put a few birdys in block 3 but not sure where to place them yet.

Your picture is going to be finished in no time, Wendy. :yay

I work for a Kumon instructor, I pull the worksheets and put them together for the children for the next class, mark their tests and a few other bits and pieces. It is pretty boring, but I got to work from home, now they have decided to move the work back to London and get someone there to do all the work and do the classes. Not sure what I will do next, as I moved from London to here for the job. I might think about supplying boutiques with baby things, as I love making those types of things and my sewing and embroidery machines should earn their keep for a change. :think:yes

Shay - You're just smokin' on those squares! Great work :clap

Tracy - It's great to be able to work from home. Too bad they yank everything right after you leave London though :P Good luck finding something else.

Linda - Yes, it's easy to lose the drive on some of the bigger projects. But Wendy's right. Sometimes if you step away from it a bit then come back to it, it just starts to all fall together :yes

Wendy - Glad you and the girls had fun at the pool and that you're liking your picture better :hug Can't wait to see it!

Cara howdy, hows the love letters going.

Tracy that would be annoying that you leave London for that job and now they are taking it back there. Hope you can find another way to work from home, making clothes for boutiques sounds like a great idea, good luck with it.

I watched the Mens Semi Finals tennis tonight and boy this guy from France beat Rafael Nadal in straight sets, what a match. Hopefully he is up against Federer in the final, what a match that will be.

Ok back to making a few more squares before bed.

The LL is going pretty well actually. Almost done with the 5th of 6 blocks. But today is my day out so I won't work on it til late this afternoon. Maybe I should stay home though. One of the craft shops is having a big yarn sale. I could get into serious trouble :lol

Cara ooh you need to check it out and buy up big for your next saltine project. Which is, wait what did you say was the name of your next project again.:D

Have a great day out.

Actually I haven't said what my next project is :lol But what the next project for me is, is actually three quilts. I have three of the "true Amish" type quilts charted out. The ones that have an all black background and one brightly colored element in the center. Didn't put the patterns up because so many people complain about black :lol But these I'm hoping to hang in my way too long hallway :D

Cara Im just following you around the cals chatting :lol:lol

Lots of black saltines, oohh not my cup of tea, Im glad its you and not me although it will look amazing. Are you really going to make 3 of them. Will they be different colors with the black background. Wow that might go over the 2000 squares. Sure you dont wanna join us in the smackdown, come on you know you wanna.:D

Ok I know I need to go to bed but just had a silly idea. You know how there is a cal for the afghan that is going around and everyone adds some rows. We could do that with the saltines. Start with one and send it to the next person and they have to add some and so on and so on. I know it was a stupid idea. I need sleep.:lol

K - 33 solids and 3 bicolors for me tonight.

Ok Im going to bed now, its another late night again, nearly midnight here.

Night all.

Wendy, you're gonna start something again:devil...a traveling saltine ghan. Uh-oh.

Cara, I love the way black looks...and will adjust where I crochet so I can see it better:)

And I LOVE Amish quilts. Our favorite place to visit years ago was Lancaster County in PA - huge Amish community there. No way can I pay that much money for their quilts, though. I do have a counted cross stitch Amish scene I made years ago and hung on the wall.

I'd be interested in seeing what you've come up with - for a WIM down the road, though. I need to relax a bit now. Pushed too hard and fast to finish this huge comfortghan. Doing the border now.

Off to Toms River soon....C U later:hug

What does the Lady of the Lotus look like? I haven't seen it on Cara's site.

Just curious...

DCP_1042.jpg Alaina, this is the quilt pattern that I started with for The Lady of the Lotus. There were a lot of modifications in the specifics, but the overall concept is still the same. I'll have an update photo of how far I am either later today or tomorrow. It's big. 900 squares in all. The original is 90" x 90" and mine should be similar in size. I just fell in love with the pattern when I saw it and had to figure a way to make it in crochet. It's taking a long time, but I've done a whole lot of other things along the way, including 3 smaller quiltghans.

Woohoo :jumpyay....im halfway done....just sewed the last square on to make it that way....it is so cool!!!

Will try to get photos tomorrow if its sunny for photo friday...I AM SO EXCITED :woo

Can't wait to see your pictures! You are smoking, my friend!

Cara ooh you need to check it out and buy up big for your next saltine project. Which is, wait what did you say was the name of your next project again.:D

I'm with Wendy. You must check it out, Cara! A late birthday present to yourself.

Actually I haven't said what my next project is :lol But what the next project for me is, is actually three quilts. I have three of the "true Amish" type quilts charted out. The ones that have an all black background and one brightly colored element in the center. Didn't put the patterns up because so many people complain about black :lol But these I'm hoping to hang in my way too long hallway :D

Oh, WOW!!!!! More power to you. I'd definitely have to use the crolite hook on those.

Good Morning! I love to log on and see all the activity here. :) Won't even try to comment on everything, but just know that I'm paying attention. :D

The number of squares being made is incredible...can't wait for pictures! Just Ducky is finished and I'll take pictures today. :yay

Julie, we miss you and hope you're okay. :manyheart

Hmm, didn't think anyone at all would be interested in mainly blacks :scrachin Okay, I'll give ya a little sneak peek. Actually now that I look at them again only one of them has a whole lot of black. And, yes, I will be picking up a size G cro-lite today since HL has them on sale 40% off :lol

Here's links because they're too big to post here:

http://happyyellowhouse.com/amish2.jpg

http://happyyellowhouse.com/amish3.jpg

http://happyyellowhouse.com/amish4.jpg

The blue one is a definite keeper. The second one probably is too. I'm still considering the third one. :yes

Cara i think it is going to take a brave person to do one of those amish, but it will be worth it when its done Im sure.:yay I only use my lite crochet hook now, I do not put the light on all the time but I love the grip of it and I find it lighter than my others.

It is my day off and I have no intension of doing any house work.:D

I have got the cat quiltghan out that I was not able to finnish by christmas for my granddaughter and hoping to have it finnished soon.::yarn

Cara, they're all beautiful! :hook Enjoy your day out.

Hi Denise...I hope you're having a great day off - you deserve it. :yes

Hi to Miss Donna, too. :) I saw your finished dragonfly ghan last week and it's wonderful. :yarn

Archived