Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

thankes every one to ask about the baby

we are doing gr8

and as i can see here is saltines addict in this group :lol

i`ll join you in this madness

i have planes allready

2 quilts and 2 RR`s

if i finished 2 projects out of these 4 i`ll buy yarn to make the amish it`s lovelly and i loved the one wendy made but i don`t think DH will let me use it at home if it`s bright colored

i`ll be thinking about colors from now

see ya all later

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been lurking around for a while and now I want to join because everyone work is so beautiful. Also can you tell me what does "ATW" mean? And also suggest a good pattern for a beginner.

I have been lurking around for a while and now I want to join because everyone work is so beautiful. Also can you tell me what does "ATW" mean? And also suggest a good pattern for a beginner.

Welcome to the group, Selanda! :welcome

ATW means Around The World. Any of Cara's patterns that made up of just solid blocks are great as starters. Or one the just uses a few of the bi-color squares. The ATW is also a good starter. I did the Purple Pinwheel as my first saltine project.

Hi Selanda! So glad you want to join the home of Cara's little squares. :hook All of her patterns are either solid and/or bicolor squares, so just pick one and enjoy! If you want a smaller ghan in all solids, the baby gingham is one of my favorites. Someone will always jump in if you have any questions. :)

Good Morning. I've actually accomplished quite a bit while DH has been gone. He will be home tomorrow and my list is much shorter than it was. :D

Only a few more squares to make and then 2 rows to join. I loved using Tabby's border (scalloped) on the pink gingham, but am thinking it may be too "girlie" for the blues. Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. :yes

Good Morning. I've actually accomplished quite a bit while DH has been gone. He will be home tomorrow and my list is much shorter than it was. :D

Only a few more squares to make and then 2 rows to join. I loved using Tabby's border (scalloped) on the pink gingham, but am thinking it may be too "girlie" for the blues. Any opinions or advice will be appreciated. :yes

what about a row of hdc and then a rev sc to finish it? It's my fav stitch:c9

Howdy doody everyboody.

How is everyone on this fine Wednesday morning Tuesday afternoon.

Selanda welcome to saltine city. You will love making the squares and become so addicted to them like the rest of us. Any questions we are all here to help.

Well, we are under a severe thunderstorm watch/warning here now. With tornado warnings to the west and south of us. Did you send your storms this way, Mary?

I ended up with 5 preemie blankets for the 4 days of the squares for charity this month. I finished the final border and hiding all the tails this morning.

I am sewing the last of the seams on the final block of the puppy cuddle. Then I'll attach it to its strip and the strip to the rest. I haven't decided on the border for it yet, but I better make up my mind soon. I'm almost there.

Judy, thanks for the border help. :) I am one of those who just can't get comfortable with the reverse sc. :blush

I wasn't, either, when I first used the stitch...I just like it a lot and kept using it, till now it's second nature.

Finally! I haven't been able to get on the 'Ville all day long :no Everything else worked but not here.

At least I spent my time well. Been working away on my ATW :hook

Linda - great progress! I hope the storms missed you all...this is the first week in almost 2 months that we haven't had threatening weather.

Hi Wendy, Judy and Cara. :)

Krystal I got 5 solids done tonight.

I'm going to try to make a little progress on this pinwheel quilt this week. I've changed it from a queen bedspread to a twin bedspread for DD's bed. :D I've decided to do the double wedding quilt for our bed.

I've got 21 of the 60 blocks I need for the pinwheel now.

Once I get all the totals up-to-date, is there someone who can take over for me? I have an Excel spreadsheet I can send you, or you can just do whatever from the totals I come up with. I need to pare down my tasks on the boards here.

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Let's see...it's Wednesday and the gingham probably won't be finished by photo Friday. :lol I'll try, though!

It's been so quiet here lately. I hope everyone is okay. :manyheart

Archived