Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took a lot of people to make it turn out that nice ,so I will only take a small part of the credit.

I put the list in the package of all who helped with it, so I hope Amy posts that when she gets it. I just mailed it to her this morning .

Morning, everybody. The village ghan is Gorgeous!! You and all your helpers did a fantastic job, Julie. :cheer:yay:cheer Once I really wake up I'll be working on my train. What WIP project are you focusing on today, Julie? Hehehe!

Linda-thanks but you are just as equally a part in it as me or anyone else .

and funny you should ask about what project I am working on this week.....

Hmmm..... I THINK it might be the Woven Blocks. I figure if I can put in about 342 HOURS, it should be finished . :D

Hope you all don't mind ARNOLD as much as I do ......... :lol

Patty your Casa is so pretty . You sure are speedier than I am !!! :)

Thanks. Short deadlines improve speed. If I was making this for myself, it would probably take me a year. But when it needs to be done for a wedding present, there is a greater push to meet the deadline. I spent a lot more of my free time crocheting than I normally do, just so I could finish it before the wedding (the wedding is 07.07.07 & we fly out for it on the 4th).

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. It's been a challenge to get this done before we leave for the wedding (the wedding is 07.07.07, we leave the 4th). I hope my sister-in-law and her husband like it as much as everyone here does. :)

I couldn't handle the though of making over 1,000 squares. :eek:no

It was easier if I didn't think of the total number of squares. I usually worked in smaller sections in stead of rows, and would do 4 - 16 squares (sometimes more but not often) and then sew them together.

This picture sorta shows how I was working on it.

Ok ok, so I am a bit of a slacker lately with this CAL.....I just everything out of my house and back at mom and dad's and we found...I kid you not FOUND my gingham baby quilt afghan that I started for this CAL. I volunteered my mother to stitch the squares together for me while I work on my other endless WIPS/CALs. I am too embarrassed to put on my signature all the CALs I joined but slowed down a bit with them......ay chichuahua!

And now that I figured out how to work my new camera...I will get pictures up here for the Friday show and tell....yay for me...haha.

Just checking in to see what your progress is, Julie?

Y'know... I was wondering if you could estimate what percentage you are done with the WIP (woven blocks) that you're trying to finish for my challenge? I have a very good reason, and hope you can oblige me with a number.

:D

Alright Krystal

I'll fall for this. I have no idea what you are up to, but I will play along . :lol

I HAD one block totally done. I NOW HAVE squares enough made to make block 2. I will try to get that one put together before I go to bed tonite .

10 more to go.........................GEEZ .........................:(

OK, so I figure you've got 12 squares to make, plus horizontal joins (3 rows) and vertical joins (2 rows), plus a border... so that is 16 parts. You've got nearly two parts done, so that puts you at about..... 12 percent

Check out the avatar....

you'll notice that 12% of your nemesis is replaced... ;)

Archived