Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Yeah I used to buy all my yarn at the Kmart, too. We got Walmart late around here. We had Target first. Don't remember if they hard yarn then.

I just can't believe with all the folks online that knit and crochet, not to mention that the yarn department is always the most packed area in the store, that stores don't want to carry yarn. I'm just stumped :think

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies. I've been crocheting a little, but am having trouble focusing -especially with black yarn! Colds...ugh!:angry

Hi Amanda, it's good to "see" you! :) Do you have any patterns besides the Penguin planned? I love them all!

They closed most, if not all of the Kmarts in Fort Worth in the last few years, but I used to buy yarn there many years ago. :lol

They closed the Kmart in Waco about 3 years ago as well. They'd just gotten so overpriced. Gotta go up to Temple now if you need a Kmart. I have no need except that I like those Martha Stewart linens :lol

Mary, I'm not sure if I will make more or not. If I do it will not be as rushed as this one. LOL. I would like to make my MIL one since she quilts, and I do plan to make Cara's grandmother chicken for my grandmother-in-law. Make next project I am planning is a blanket for my brother for christmas. I found some star-wars fighters graphed out and I think those my take me a little while.

I'm sitting here bawling like a baby at this moment!! My mailman just brought me the most wonderful gift I have EVER received in my entire life!!

You all have no idea how much this means to me :manyheart

The afghan, the recipes and the notes....I'm just overwhelmed :ghug

I will be sending you each a personal thanks in tomorrow's mail but right now thanks to each and every one of you. I will treasure this moment the rest of my life :manyheart

Cara

I'm glad it arrived safely and that you like it so much. There are some majorly talented ladies in the ville aren't there ?

Care if I post the photo of it now ? I already sent it to the ones who helped, but I'd like to post it here if it's ok unless you want to post one .

Did Big Daddy get to see it yet ?

Cara ~ We actually kept a secret! ;) Julie and Linda T. conspired on this one and it was so much fun being part of the surprise. Thank you for giving us all a reason to know eachother. :manyheart

I'm just still all tingly feeling :manyheart

Sure you can post a photo Julie. I already put it on my blog. It's been a while since I posted there but I just had to share this :c9 Your photo is probably much better than mine :yes

No Big Daddy hasn't gotten home yet but he'll be here any second. He'll think I got a truckload of yarn for free when I greet him at the door with this big grin :D

I'm glad you like it Cara.I was happy to be a part of it. You've shared so many beautiful patterns with us and even more important a friendship. :manyheart:hug

Awwwwww :manyheart I think I'm gonna cry again :hug

Cara - I'm glad you like it. Stop all that crying your making me tear up over here. :lol I sure appreciate the friendship you've given and sharing your patterns with us. :manyheart:hug :hug

My Penguin is up to his arm pits in yarn hehehe.

I went to Joann's tonight (somehow talked DH into it after dinner) and found all that yarn on clearance I've heard tell about. I got 12 skeins of misc. baby yarn for .97 a skein and 2 skeins for .50 a skein. I'm going to try to go back tomorrow to see what else I can find. I didn't grab a buggy when we went in so I was carrying it all in my arms. DH did carry 2 skeins for me (I think he wanted my arms full so I couldn't pick out anymore) :)

I went to Joann's tonight (somehow talked DH into it after dinner) and found all that yarn on clearance I've heard tell about. I got 12 skeins of misc. baby yarn for .97 a skein and 2 skeins for .50 a skein. I'm going to try to go back tomorrow to see what else I can find. I didn't grab a buggy when we went in so I was carrying it all in my arms. DH did carry 2 skeins for me (I think he wanted my arms full so I couldn't pick out anymore) :)

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You ladies are so fabulous, the afghan you made for Cara is incredible...What nice people you are...I wish I knew you better so i would have a chance to be next....:cheer

Cara, I went to your blog last night for a look at the ghan...and posted a note.

I can't think of anyone more deserving of a "no occasion gift" than you...:manyheart

Cara Im glad you liked the ghan. We all had fun making it together. You deserve it girlfriend.:hug:manyheart

Now stop crying and go and eat a curly wurly

By the way there is a parcel waiting for me at the post office. I cant wait to get there tomorrow morning. I hope its your parcel Cara.

Your penguin having yarn upto his armpits is so funny Heather.:lol

Wow you got some great bargains there.

Good Morning, All. Hope everyone is having a great morning. I'm trying to convince myself that my cold is better, but it's not working so far. :think:lol

Heather ~ What great deals you got at JoAnns; I hope you find some more if you go back today. Do we get to see more of Mr. Penquin tomorrow? :)

Thanks, Joanne ~ We have so much fun with Cara's patterns...join in anytime! :yes

Hello!

I have been lurking around here for a while, mostly because I think cara's patters are absolutly wonderful! I'm still a little scared to try as many squares as one of her quiltghans requires, but I was hoping you all could lend me some advice.

My sister is having a baby, and the blanket my mom wants me to make for her (well one of the many) is made up of 2.5 inch squares. I figured out the squares last night, but since they are bi- colored there are a ton of ends, also i'm a little intimidated by having to put them all together and keep it looking nice.

So my questions are these:

Can I use the ends to stitch the squares together? Or do you think that longer pieces of yarn will give the ghan more duribility (its for a baby afterall) also, if using a longer piece of yarn, what color do you choose? as its going to be going between the two colors (pink and yellow in my case) and lastly, is there a general consensus as to how to put them together as far as looks, I SC some grannies together a few months ago and didnt' like the ridge this created. Any suggestions?

I really appreciate your answers and any advice you have!

thanks so much,

Jessica

Archived