Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Heather that is turning out really pretty.

I just got back from the craft store (like I really needed to go there) Anyhow I decided to make my 3 nieces all ghans for xmas since they are older and I never know what to get them anyhow and since I made the nephews one. I bought lots of varigated for each of them with a solid color, so now just to decide how many rows of each to do and I should be all set to start. I was gonna do blended ghans for them since I am doing one for a nephew but I dont think im doing something right with it as it is even though Linda,Julie and Judy saw a pic and said I am lol. So I am gonna finish that one then I will try another blended in browns for my future BIL maybe I will like those colors better together. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

You are one brave lady! :devil 3 ghans for Christmas! Are you doing the blended RRs? I know they go pretty quickly. Be sure and show us pictures here, too. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :D

This is a graph of the one I'm doing for DH's Grandmother.

th_diaperpinlapghan.jpg

I'm using different colors though :lol That's the colors from the block pictured that I copied.

Finally after 8 mths I have finished the Amish Bedspread which I made for my mum for Christmas. Photos all clickable

th_P1020669.jpgI draped it around me where I sit and chat to you all.

th_P1020664.jpgThis shows the Amish Block

th_P1020663.jpg This shows the border that I used

th_P1020661.jpgThis is sitting on my Queensize bed and it measures 70inches by 102 inches

1280 squares for the Amish

1064 squares for the Casablanca

2344 squares for 2007 I think thats enough for awhile.:yes

wendy

i think you should stop thinking about quilted ghans and small squares for one more year after those two very huge afghans :lol

you`ve done great job and need some rest and deserve things for your self :hug

Isn't it insane? I really hate the cold. Doa's use to the cold because he works in a freezer all day, I coudn't do it. :no

I did but there's just no help for him. :no

:lol Yep Mike's from northern MN and they get tons of cold and snow. All I hear now is how can you be cold it's not cold. Umm..it's 40 degrees outside :lol Some people.

Thanks guys

th_diaperpinlapghan.jpg

I'm using different colors though :lol That's the colors from the block pictured that I copied.

Heather that block looks great. Do you know what colors your thinking of?

Finally after 8 mths I have finished the Amish Bedspread which I made for my mum for Christmas. Photos all clickable

th_P1020669.jpgI draped it around me where I sit and chat to you all.

th_P1020664.jpgThis shows the Amish Block

th_P1020663.jpg This shows the border that I used

th_P1020661.jpgThis is sitting on my Queensize bed and it measures 70inches by 102 inches

1280 squares for the Amish

1064 squares for the Casablanca

2344 squares for 2007 I think thats enough for awhile.:yes

Wendy I love it. You did such an awesome job. That border looks perfect with it too. Great decision on it. Also that picture of the amish wrapped around you is what I look like when I'm doing the borders or attaching squares.:yes

Wendy, WOW!!!!! :yay That is Stunning, Awesome, Wonderful!!!! :yay That is a huge number of squares to have done in just a year. :hook You are a Saltene Queen! :nworthy No two ways about it. :nworthy Hats off to you. :nworthy

I am on the last row of my ME RR. Love it. Pictures later. Then I have to get back to work on the things that are due by Thanksgiving and Christmas (Kim's great-grandmother's bedspread,the LotL, Mr. Rooster, & DD's RR.)

Linda- you are braver than me, it'd make me a nervous wreck to work on a thread heirloom like that !

I'm sure you'll do a fine job of it, though .:)

Heather your patches are looking good !

Wendy-- wondeful afghan-- I commented someplace else on it too, it is certainly a labor of love . :manyheart

th_diaperpinlapghan.jpg

WOW! That'll be something else!!!!:cheer

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - OMG! I'm just beyond words to use! Your Amish is, well, breathtaking! :manyheart Excellent job! I'm sure your mum will cherish it :manyheart

Linda - You're braver than me, too :yes I have a hard enough time with new stuff :lol Wish I had the talent with thread that you have :hug

Heather - Yes, I am also curious as to color scheme you have chosen :yes That quilt is gonna be amazing :yes

Got some actual crocheting done last night :eek Another 13 rows on my ME blanket. Dunno how much will get done today though. Bad pain :( But it'll be better soon :yes

Have a great day y'all :manyheart

Wendy, WOW!!!!! :yay That is Stunning, Awesome, Wonderful!!!! :yay That is a huge number of squares to have done in just a year. :hook You are a Saltene Queen! :nworthy No two ways about it. :nworthy Hats off to you. :nworthy

I am on the last row of my ME RR. Love it. Pictures later. Then I have to get back to work on the things that are due by Thanksgiving and Christmas (Kim's great-grandmother's bedspread,the LotL, Mr. Rooster, & DD's RR.)

Looking forward to pictures, Linda!

It's done! It's 30 rows instead of the usual 26 rows. I used baby yellow, bright yellow, cornmeal and gold. It's hanging over the sides of Kim & John's queen-sized bed a little.

John just checked in. The deer are winning again. Lots of sightings, but none shot.

DCP_1250.jpg

Hi Valerie! :waving It's good to hear from you.

Linda, your RR turned out so pretty. :yes I'd like to try a blended RR; I made 2 RRs, but that was before the 'ville and I didn't know about it. :think

Lots of laundry when DH comes home from a long trip...that's done. :yay He's mowing and I think it's time for me to get out my hook. :hook

th_diaperpinlapghan.jpg

Heather that is amazing. i cant wait to see some pics of it.

Oh and BTW, Wendy, you'll be the sweetheart you are and let me add those photos to the gallery, right? :heehee:hug

Of course you can.:hug

Thanks to everyone for your nice compliments on my mums bedspread.:hug

It's done! It's 30 rows instead of the usual 26 rows. I used baby yellow, bright yellow, cornmeal and gold. It's hanging over the sides of Kim & John's queen-sized bed a little.

John just checked in. The deer are winning again. Lots of sightings, but none shot.

DCP_1250.jpg

That is just beautiful Linda, you sure know what colors to put together.:clap

Archived