Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Hi Heather - we've missed you lately. :manyheart

Julie, that is so neat that you've been knitting. Good luck with the 2nd bootie.

Cara - Have fun shopping today! I have to go out today and need a skein of RH Coffee...I'm taking what I have with me and hope it matches. :think

I use my H hook the most. I've used I and J for some scarves lately. :hook That is a really thoughtful donation idea. :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hook poll I would have to say G, H and I most used but I LOVE my H most of all.

I know Mary, I've been barely able to keep up in the sky CAL and haven't made it back in here in awhile. :) I am working on my patches quilt from Cara's site along with many other things :lol

Andrea~Great job on the spidey ripple, it turned out awesome. :cheer:clap:cheer

And thanks ladies for all the compliments on my fall ghan. :manyheart I'm glad the green isn't not too noticeable. :yarn I think I noticed it because the pictures on flickr are much bigger but my pics. here are clickable & it is noticeable when blown up. Oh well, this is life with no dye lots.

Okay, Cara...For the life of me I can't figure out how you crank out the squares like you do! ;) I am reeeeally close to finishing my Fall Ghan, but still have plenty of joining and the border...and 18 more squares to make. :blush This will be finished by next week!

Hope you all have had a good day. :manyheart

Way to Go, Mary. You're in the home stretch.:yay:yay:yay

I spent most of my crochet time today working on Kim's great-grandmother's thread bedspread. Kim's aunt asked me to repair it for them. Today I was carefully removing frayed outside rows, attaching a new thread to the old and recrocheting the part that I removed. I think I'm about half done with that. There are still a bunch of the motifs to reattach, too. My goal has been to get it finished up before Thanksgiving, as we usually spend Thanksgiving there. Today just felt like the day to work on it. :hook

I have finished the squares. Just have to do the border. Now do I do a few granny rows then do a nice border row.

The bedspread measures 69inch X 101inches or 173cm X 254cm or 32 squares X 40 squares with a grand total of 1280 squares.

Picture to come on Saturday. Stay tuned for this very long awaited event.

Linda, I'm like you - sometimes i'm just in the mood to work with thread! That's wonderful what you're doing for them:manyheart

Wendy, I think we need a drum roll before you unveil the pic of the Amish - between the casa and this...!!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay

Morning ladies

I'm probably jumping in way too late on hook sizes, but I agree with most of you, H is my favorite size, but if I had to pick 3, I'd pick G ,H and I .

I need to take some photos to post today. I actually have made some progress on some things again this week.

I should go do that now, before I forget .

Hope you all have a great day .:)

Good morning everyone. Just thought I'd show you the progress on the WB. I'm planning on working on the WB and the tree skirt today. So hopefully I'll have 11 blocks finished tomorrow.

WB11-9.jpg

Oh and my PS. I got 18 motifs finished on it this week.

PS11-8.jpg

Way to Go, Mary. You're in the home stretch.:yay:yay:yay

I spent most of my crochet time today working on Kim's great-grandmother's thread bedspread. Kim's aunt asked me to repair it for them. Today I was carefully removing frayed outside rows, attaching a new thread to the old and recrocheting the part that I removed. I think I'm about half done with that. There are still a bunch of the motifs to reattach, too. My goal has been to get it finished up before Thanksgiving, as we usually spend Thanksgiving there. Today just felt like the day to work on it. :hook

Linda, you are so talented! The thread work - especially repair work - seems like it would be really hard.

I have finished the squares. Just have to do the border. Now do I do a few granny rows then do a nice border row.

The bedspread measures 69inch X 101inches or 173cm X 254cm or 32 squares X 40 squares with a grand total of 1280 squares.

Picture to come on Saturday. Stay tuned for this very long awaited event.

We can't wait to see it, Wendy!

Donna, your work is beautiful! You're so close on the WB and I love the PS pattern with those colors. Thanks for sharing. :manyheart

Hi Julie~I just found your pictures and you've done so much...the baby things are adorable. :c9 The flower garden is going to be an heirloom!

Time to rake some leaves. It's going to be in the 80s today, so it sure doesn't feel like November.

Archived