Alhambra Scarf

HomekeepingGran

Alhambra Scarf - pattern by Anne Hansen

KnitPicks Gloss - Spruce colorway (Gloss Lace is 70% merino and 30% silk)

KnitPicks Harmony lace needles - size 3

Those are the bare facts. The wonderful part is that I love this scarf! As soon as I finished it I started wearing it everywhere this winter. It is both light and warm at the same time, so although it kept cold breezes off my neck it still worked inside most of the time. Perfect!

post-11235-13589752334_thumb.jpg

post-11235-135897523469_thumb.jpg

It's gorgeous! It kind of reminds me of the boteh scarf, but with more than one row. This led me to look at the boteh pattern again and imagine how I could multiply that....

You did a wonderful job, and I can definitely see how you'd enjoy wearing it! :cheer

It kind of reminds me of the boteh scarf, but with more than one row. This led me to look at the boteh pattern again and imagine how I could multiply that....

Boteh does look like it could be interlocked, doesn't it? Maybe with some laceweight yarn and a large enough hook to make drapey fabric you might get a scarf with a very delicate look like Alhambra has. It could be fun to work out. Go for it, happy stitcher!

Boteh does look like it could be interlocked, doesn't it? Maybe with some laceweight yarn and a large enough hook to make drapey fabric you might get a scarf with a very delicate look like Alhambra has. It could be fun to work out. Go for it, happy stitcher!

I'm just kind of saving that thought for later...I'm concentrating on WIPs for now. But if anybody else wants to give it a try before I get around to it, that would be great! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived