April Charity CAL - 4/15 - 4/20

nicolep

The third weekend is early this month, but can be pushed back if necessary for a number of people.

Extra info about the CAL -

Any handmade item that will be donated to charity counts. During the weekend, we post our successes (and any discouraging events that occasionally pop up) and motivate each other to keep on hooking! At the end of the weekend, the host (nicolep) will ask that totals be posted. The host will tally everything up and let everyone know the impact for that month. We can definitely get a lot accomplished in six days!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect timing!!! I passed my test so no more studying and I'm on call so I have to stay home! You are awesome!!! This month I think I'm going to try the kitty beds and maybe some daughters to de-stash some of my scraps.

Marking my calendar. I have a couple much neglected charity project in the UFO pile that need to get completed, both afghans. Will work on one new project too just not sure what yet. See you soon.

I haven't been doing so hot in keeping up with the Charity CAL's but at least I have been keeping up with my charity contributions. I won't be able to do much this month because I have a blanket to finish for a baby shower on May 1 and a purse to work on for Mother's day on May 9. I will try to work in a few squares as I know I won't be able to focus completely on my 2 projects.

I am on board! I have washed up a bunch of yarn donations that came into the shelter and I am ready to make some mats and beds. I was wondering when the April CAL for charity would start. THANKS! for hosting.

Count me in. I've got a prayer shawl to make for a friend facing possible breast cancer. I have to pick up the yarn later today. Then I'll be all set.:hook

Glad you're joining this month, Linda. You make the most gorgeous shawls. I know it will be very appreciated. :yes

Thanks, Nicole. I got the yarn for it this afternoon. ILTY in grape color. I've even got the first two rows of the back section done. :lol :lol :lol

Count me in.. Now that all my circles from my yoyo collections are back with me.. I will be working on putting the squares for the afghans together along with some cat toys for the lady that is collecting them for her no kill shelter.

Kristy

Good Morning,

Will be working on two baby afghans, a blue and white two strand granny square and a hexagon done in a varigated white, tan and blue. Then I need to start working on 6x9 rectangles for HAP. I am behind on what I usually do for them each month. May pick up a lighter (think Spring but not pastel) color for those when I go out this morning.

Good morning. I have three rounds of border to do on a wedding flannelghan and then I can get going on the prayer shawl. I have the first two rows of it done already so I shouldn't be too far behind. Have a great day, everyone. :hug

I totaly got sacked by my mother today.. She's getting married on July 4th this year and well my daughter made little hearts that are american flags out of pearler beads. and mom wanted me to hand sew beads and sequins to them... So she stole one day of my time but by goodness the rest of the days are mine for charity work.. She can wait she has till July lol..

But here is what she had me working on..

Happy crocheting to all..

Kristy

post-12630-135897522213_thumb.jpg

post-12630-135897522217_thumb.jpg

Those are so cute, Kristy!

I got a comfortghan square done tonight and started another. One of my cats kept me up until 2:00 this morning. Being so tired makes me crochet slower and I'm going to bed early! I should have plenty of time to get some more stuff done this weekend though while watching the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Archived