April Charity CAL - 4/15 - 4/20

nicolep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Linda, wow, really, that is so pretty. That will have to be a "down the road" project for me. Problem is, I don't know many crocheters in real life, and the two I do know are gals that I taught. I'll have to wait until one of my students get ahead of me!! Shouldn't take long.

The part in the picture is just chains and triple crochet stitches. Not at all hard to do. A little counting, but not hard. I'm going to take pictures as I go of the sides. They use 1 - 2 tc cluster stitch, a lot of 3 tc cluster stitches (not hard to do), chains, and a chain 3 picot. I'll bet I could coach you through it in no time.

My total for the week is: 3/4 of a prayer shawl. I'll finish it later today and post a finished picture.

Hi Linda,

Most of my problem when it comes to making new projects is reading and understanding the pattern, not executing the stitches. Does that make sense? I am sure that is what holds most people back because it seems like once you learn the basics, you have what you need. That is why most of what I have learned is from you tube vidoes. Once someone shows me, it makes sense. Last year I found a shop that had "open stitching" once a week and the ladies there were great, then the shop closed. If I decide to tackle that shawl, you will be the second person to know. Thanks for the offer of help!!:)

Hi Linda,

Most of my problem when it comes to making new projects is reading and understanding the pattern, not executing the stitches. Does that make sense? I am sure that is what holds most people back because it seems like once you learn the basics, you have what you need. That is why most of what I have learned is from you tube vidoes. Once someone shows me, it makes sense. Last year I found a shop that had "open stitching" once a week and the ladies there were great, then the shop closed. If I decide to tackle that shawl, you will be the second person to know. Thanks for the offer of help!!:)

You're welcome. I took lots of pictures of how to do the sides, so whenever you're ready, I'll be ready too.

Those are great baby hats. I really like the colors.

So here are my cat mats and blocks for future use. And it oly took me 40 minutes to load them this time. We have had an iMac for almost a month and I still don't know how to use it. I download pictures from my camera and they disappear into an abyss, never to be seen again. And don't get me started on my iPod. You'd think 2 Apple products would get along. Wrong! Anyone know a good reference book for Macs??

post-13802-135897523654_thumb.jpg

I feel like getting the pictures here was more work than crocheting the items!!:angry

But, alas, I will see you here again in May if our lovely hostess keeps up the good work.

post-13802-135897523665_thumb.jpg

Here are out totals for this month:

Preemie afghans – 2

Pet Mats – 5

Cat bed – 2

“Lindsay” Blocks – 3

Baby & Toddler Hats – 28

Prayer Shawl - 3/4

Comfortghan Squares – 7

As usual, great work ladies! It’s so satisfying to see our numbers and to know that we got our hooks moving for good causes.

If anyone hasn’t posted totals, let me know and I’ll update the list. See you next month!

Comfortghan Squares - Is that what you call the granny's squares that you are saving up for an afghan? Ha, I didn't think of that. I called them Lindsay squares because I found the idea on her blog and the instructions on a link from her blog. I am still catching on to some of the lingo. :think

Well, now I know for next time.

Oh Linda, That is so beautiful. I am amazed at how quickly you made it. I am going to have to go back and print that pattern for my "yes, I will try this" file. I have a friend who would just love it.

Beautiful work, Darlene. Congratulations on all you got done!

Sorry I must have skipped a page when I was looking throught the thread and I missed some of the pictures! You did great Darlene everything looks wonderful!:D

Those are great baby hats. I really like the colors.

So here are my cat mats and blocks for future use. And it oly took me 40 minutes to load them this time. We have had an iMac for almost a month and I still don't know how to use it. I download pictures from my camera and they disappear into an abyss, never to be seen again. And don't get me started on my iPod. You'd think 2 Apple products would get along. Wrong! Anyone know a good reference book for Macs??

[attach]19589[/attach][attach]19588[/attach]

I feel like getting the pictures here was more work than crocheting the items!!:angry

But, alas, I will see you here again in May if our lovely hostess keeps up the good work.

You did a great amount of work over the six days :cheer(sorry I must have skipped pages as I missed the pictures you and Darlene posted!:think) I can believe getting the pictures up would be more work than the crochet that is why I link to mine in Flickr I find it hard to figure out how to post them here without sizing problems!:eek I guess it is just practice figuring out how do do everything. I just worked out how to cross out items in a post/on my signature and was well pleased with myself!:lol

I hope to see you all again next month a be able to participate properly!:D I crossed April off my signature since I got NOTHING made!:blush

Archived