April Charity CAL - 4/15 - 4/20

nicolep

Great work everyone! I have finished a few squares. Usually I'm home all day after church, but today I have a family thing at lunch. I hope to still be able to finish up the last two squares I need and get a few preemie hats done.

Have a great day!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got some time with my hook last night and the center of the shawl is now a bit over 1/3 done. With a little luck I can get it done this weekend.

I was lucky enough to sit for a few hours yesterday and got a few squares done and quite a bit done on a baby blanket.

Well heck, we may not be moving as fast as we had each hoped, but at least we are doing something!! Yippee. It makes me happy to know we've got a little something going on here this weekend that will bring a smile to someone's face. (human or feline)

This should make you smile. Here is a picture of the first baby hat I ever made following Teresa's (you tube) video. I learned then about gauge. I still crochet very tight, I cannot manually adjust because I just go back to what's "natural" and end up with lopsided projects. Mostly I compensate with bigger hooks now....

post-13802-135897522958_thumb.jpg

It was donated to a local hospital for their preemie ward. I never knew that hospitals needed things like that. I figured that if they charged $10 for a Tylenol tablet, they could spring for a baby hat, but I guess not. I'd love for someone to explain that to me :think, but until then, I guess my hats will never be "too small" again. The can of corn is there to show size!! (Just wanted you to know that I wasn't toting it around like a baby!!)

Well heck, we may not be moving as fast as we had each hoped, but at least we are doing something!! Yippee. It makes me happy to know we've got a little something going on here this weekend that will bring a smile to someone's face. (human or feline)

This should make you smile. Here is a picture of the first baby hat I ever made following Teresa's (you tube) video. I learned then about gauge. I still crochet very tight, I cannot manually adjust because I just go back to what's "natural" and end up with lopsided projects. Mostly I compensate with bigger hooks now....

[ATTACH]19455[/ATTACH]

It was donated to a local hospital for their preemie ward. I never knew that hospitals needed things like that. I figured that if they charged $10 for a Tylenol tablet, they could spring for a baby hat, but I guess not. I'd love for someone to explain that to me :think, but until then, I guess my hats will never be "too small" again. The can of corn is there to show size!! (Just wanted you to know that I wasn't toting it around like a baby!!)

Love it! :lol :lol :lol I've been making preemie hats and blankets for several years now and they always need more. The size and style vary with the mood I'm in, as do the colors.

The center (back) section of my prayer shawl is now 2/3 done. I still have hopes of finishing it by Tuesday night, but we shall see. I haven't managed nearly as much crocheting as I thought I would this weekend. :hook

[ATTACH]19455[/ATTACH]

:D I'm pleased to hear you are not toting around your corn like a baby. Lovely hat too I bet they were glad to have it. Preemie items are fun because they finish up so quick and are needed so much!:)

Love it! :lol :lol :lol I've been making preemie hats and blankets for several years now and they always need more. The size and style vary with the mood I'm in, as do the colors.

The center (back) section of my prayer shawl is now 2/3 done. I still have hopes of finishing it by Tuesday night, but we shall see. I haven't managed nearly as much crocheting as I thought I would this weekend. :hook

You are making great progress on your shawl!:cheer

Linda, do we get to see the progress on your shawl, finished or not?? (I've never made one)

Oh, that could probably arranged. This pattern is called a Celtic Knot Shawl and you make the back/center panel first, which is where the Celtic knot is and then do the two sides. I especially like the symbolism of the Celtic knot which stands for the interconnectedness of people and eternal friendship. I've made over a dozen of them so far and all but two have gone to people in need. I've managed to hang on to two of them so far.

I have 1 pet blanket which I will probably add some more to before dropping off next week. I'll try to post a picture of what I have done so far tonight.

Last night started another corner to corner box stitch baby afghan as it requires no concentration I've done it so many times. This one is in a wheat and lettuce color stripe. Doubt I'll finish it today but will post pictures later of all projects.

Finished the two premie afghans and two pet mats. Still have ends to work in, hate that. Delving into my stash again this morning but not sure what is next.

That is great Darlene you are really back in the swing of your crochet again! :hookI hope you will share a picture at the end of the weekend!:D

I'm glad to see you all got so much done!:clapI'm sorry I should not have signed up this month as I just did not get a minute to pick up a hook:hook I got lots of other jobs done instead but no crochet! :( I hope I will be able to join in next month and do better. So I'm sorry but my totals are a big fat 0! :blush

I will stop by at the end of the week to admire your totals and any pictures! :D

Last night started another corner to corner box stitch baby afghan as it requires no concentration I've done it so many times. This one is in a wheat and lettuce color stripe. Doubt I'll finish it today but will post pictures later of all projects.

I love the sound of wheat and lettuce colours crocheted together I must be hungry as it makes me want a sandwich!:lol

Okay, looks like I am not going to get much more done today so will post what I have: two premie afghans 28" diameter (pictured with teddy bear angel); two pet mats 18" diameter and the start of a third premie corner to corner

post-7249-135897523432_thumb.jpg

post-7249-135897523436_thumb.jpg

post-7249-135897523439_thumb.jpg

post-7249-135897523441_thumb.jpg

post-7249-135897523444_thumb.jpg

Darlene, those are all so nice. My cat mats are all scrappy. Hopefully I can get pictures in tonight (I'm peeking in from work).

And Linda, I googled that shawl pattern and it looks WAY out of my current abilities. I can't wait to see what you have done.

Lindsay, it was great that you were here for moral support this weekend. You do SO MUCH charity work that we understand that you needed to take advantage of the nice weekend you had! I think I did 2 or 3 more squares done in what I call the "Lindsay style" even though I know you linked your blog to someone else's for that whle idea.

Well, I better get back to work!

The pet mats were made scrap yarn. I am really trying to use up my stash but somehow it seems to grow as I keep adding to it to "complete" a project. I finally dumped all of my scraps in a bin, trying to keep baby yarn separate though. Also trying to separate some yarn for RAOK package. Time! I just need more time in my day. I didn't get my 6x9 rectangles worked on this month for the charity weekend but picked out three new colors that I haven't used before. Okay everyone, lets see those pictures.

I just finished the back/center section of the shawl. I took a picture of it to show you. I'm hoping to get at least one of the sides done yet today. We'll see how it goes. It's done in ILTY in grape. The pattern looks the same from all four directions.

post-9295-135897523474_thumb.jpg

Well Darlene, your mats look very uptown!! My scream "I'm using up yarn!!"

I goofed on getting my picture ready tonight, so please tune in tomorrow. Sorry.

And Linda, wow, really, that is so pretty. That will have to be a "down the road" project for me. Problem is, I don't know many crocheters in real life, and the two I do know are gals that I taught. I'll have to wait until one of my students get ahead of me!! Shouldn't take long.

Here is what I did:

3 Cat mats

1 Cat bed (well, kitten bed, or Paris Hilton dog bed)

3 "Never ending" aka "Lindsay" blocks for a future ghan

Well, that looks pretty thin when I write it down, but heck, it's a few more beds than the shelter had last Thursday, right??:yes

Archived