April Charity CAL - 4/15 - 4/20

nicolep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW it is so busy in here already for this month!:clap As I expected I didn't get so much as a minute's crochet time yesterday as we were out and the weekend was looking kind of busy (we wanted to paint the kitchen doors and spring clean the shelving in the bathroom...very dull but it will soon be summer and we are still trying to Spring clean!?:lol) Anyway last night was so nice we took our Spring cleaning outside and did some sweeping of all the car park, pathways and car ports in our little development (we live in a little complex for the disabled and lots of the groundfloor tenants are in wheelchairs so we do a bit of outside work to help out) It was so gorgeous an evening that it was worth doing some grubby work to be out in the sunshine.

Today we were going to get up and hit the painting/spring cleaning hard but it is only 9.30am here and it is already so nice outside we are having a day off and going to take some knitting (Mum is making knitted face/dish/wash cloths for charity) and crochet (I am working on 4 crocheted scarves for charity too) and spend some time outside. In Scotland the sunny weather cannot be wasted ...there will be plenty of time to clean/paint when the rain comes back (that is our excuse and we are sticking to it !!!:D)

So basically I am in for the weekend after all and hoping to work on finishing up 4 winter scarves (which need some stitching together and edging before they are done) and then either some granny squares or a baby blanket as I got three big balls of yarn yesterday one in pale pink one in pale green and one in pale blue and I am itching to crochet with them!:hook

Happy crocheting and it is lovely to see some familiar faces/names again this month. Thanks to Nicole for hosting!:manyheart

Good Morning,

Will be working on two baby afghans, a blue and white two strand granny square and a hexagon done in a varigated white, tan and blue. Then I need to start working on 6x9 rectangles for HAP. I am behind on what I usually do for them each month. May pick up a lighter (think Spring but not pastel) color for those when I go out this morning.

Hi Darlene, nice to see you I hope this means your shoulder is letting you do a bit more crochet now!?:hook

Count me in. I've got a prayer shawl to make for a friend facing possible breast cancer. I have to pick up the yarn later today. Then I'll be all set.:hook

Hi Linda, I cannot wait to see your shawl. I'm just sorry for the circumstances of your needing to make it.:hug

I am on board! I have washed up a bunch of yarn donations that came into the shelter and I am ready to make some mats and beds. I was wondering when the April CAL for charity would start. THANKS! for hosting.

Hi babypoohsmom, nice to see you again this month and I cannot wait to see your mats and bed for the shelter. Thanks again for all the info on pattern details and how to you shared with me last month!:D

I totaly got sacked by my mother today.. She's getting married on July 4th this year and well my daughter made little hearts that are american flags out of pearler beads. and mom wanted me to hand sew beads and sequins to them... So she stole one day of my time but by goodness the rest of the days are mine for charity work.. She can wait she has till July lol..

But here is what she had me working on..

Happy crocheting to all..

Kristy

Those are wonderful for a July 4th wedding (I still remember cross stitching over 100 favours with my Mum and sister for her wedding and it was almost 20 years ago LOL they took ages but were worth it for my sister! Though it put me off peach forever!!!:lol)

Hello ladies! I am off to bed for the night. So I figured that I would post a picture of the hats I did today! :hook

[ATTACH]19335[/ATTACH]

Dorothy, those hats look great you have been so busy already!:hook BTW I love your signiture message that really made me smile! :lol

Kristy, the hearts are very cute.

Dorothy, you've been a busy lady, the hats look great.

Lindsay, you've been busy too, the scarves are very nice.

I'm making slow progress on the pet blanket. But I guess slow progress is better than no progress;)

Hi, everyone! :hi I finally finished the wedding flannelghan at 2:15 this morning. It's been washed and wrapped up and is ready to go. Thought you might like to see what kept me up a good bit of the night. Now I can concentrate on the shawl.

post-9295-135897522333_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897522324_thumb.jpg

Wow, everyone has been so busy already.

Dorothy - 10 hats in one day! Wow! What else can I say?

And Lindsay - I love to see all of the different ways you make scarves. Your brain just comes up with new ways to put bits and pieces together.

I started a cat bed Wednesday night and somehow lost count of my stitches and came up short on about the 13th round. :think Well, I didn't want to frog it to look for the boo boo, so I decided to stop there, make the sides, and call it a kitten bed. My husband says it looks like a hat! I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. I usually like to get 20+ rounds for a good size bed.

The 4th of July hearts are so nice and the reason for them is so sweet. And that flannel ghan, well I have been eyeballing those and have been tempted....yours is so large! I'll bet you wanted to have a small 2am party when you finished that!!

I'm new here, but I'm currently working on making preemie blankets and hats for our local NICU. My youngest was there for 11 days last August. This project will last well past the 20th, but just this weekend I am trying to get one blanket done and started on a new one. You can see my post about this project (along with pictures of my first two blankets) here:

http://imhookedonyarn.blogspot.com/2010/04/purposeful-crochet.html

Shanna, those hats and blankets are great!

Thanks for the compliments on the flannelghan, ladies. After going out to lunch, getting my nails done, and running errands, I am now ready to kick back and get down to crocheting. Prayer shawl, here I come. :hook

Hello ladies! I am not doing to well on my totals for today. We have had a super busy day. Taylor (oldest DD) Had to hace a ecocardiogram today. Then of course we had to go back to the Dr, run around to the pharmacy and all sorts of every day life things. We are still waiting for the results of the rest of the tests they did on Tay. So far I have 2 more baby hats done....

Here is the "kitten" bed that proves once and for all, I cannot count to 10 six times - - apparently....

[ATTACH]19405[/ATTACH]

The kleenex box is there to show the size.

The kitten bed is adorable.

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I ran myself out of charity yarn! Ooops. I wash it a skein at a time in with my wash when the right color load comes up. I guess I have been slacking in laundry because I am not crocheting that fast!

And thanks Linda, I guess babies need beds too. I'll have to take it to the shelter and see if I can take a picture of it with furry little occupants!!

Hi, everyone! :hi I finally finished the wedding flannelghan at 2:15 this morning. It's been washed and wrapped up and is ready to go. Thought you might like to see what kept me up a good bit of the night. Now I can concentrate on the shawl.

[ATTACH]19364[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19365[/ATTACH]

Wow that flannelghan is lovely and your gift wrapped package looks great too! I bet the love it!:)

Here is the "kitten" bed that proves once and for all, I cannot count to 10 six times - - apparently....

[ATTACH]19405[/ATTACH]

The kleenex box is there to show the size.

The kitten bed looks great. I would love to see it "occupied"!:lol

Hello ladies! I am not doing to well on my totals for today. We have had a super busy day. Taylor (oldest DD) Had to hace a ecocardiogram today. Then of course we had to go back to the Dr, run around to the pharmacy and all sorts of every day life things. We are still waiting for the results of the rest of the tests they did on Tay. So far I have 2 more baby hats done....

Well done on getting two more hats done with that busy schedule I hope your DD is doing OK. Your totals are looking good already and I have not even picked up a hook yet!:eek And don't have your excuse of the busy family life either I just keep getting sidetracked. :thinkHopefully this evening and tomorrow and Tuesday I will be able to get my scarves finished so I have something to add to the totals!:D

Archived