Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to all the new people. Sue, please send me an updated list before you leave on your cruise. Have a wonderful time. We will try not to get into too much trouble without you to keep us in line.

Alesha, Good luck on those finals. I am sure you will ace them.

Heather, I hope your finger gets better and you don't cause yourself more problems by taking pain pills and working with it before its ready. It looks like you requested that color combo for your brother's afghan in the nick of time as I can no longer get that color at the Walmart's around here.

Tammy, I hope your eyes are better, that is nothing to mess around with. The doggie bags you have been sending out are so cute!

Melissa, I mailed a square out today for your sisters afghan. You did an excellent job of selecting colors and pattern. I think it was the prettiest square I have ever made.

Glenda, glad to see you back and that you are doing okay from your surgery.

sue would you please send me an update list before you leave for you cruise and have a great time

Me too, I would like a new list, if it is not too much trouble :blush

Have lots of fun :hug

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer...I scarfed down some pain pills, and got to work on my brother's comfort-ghan. I edged all of the squares that I have, and have started sewing them together...

Be careful with your finger. Do you have enough black cotton or do you still need more? :hug

Heather, I hope your finger gets better and you don't cause yourself more problems by taking pain pills and working with it before its ready. It looks like you requested that color combo for your brother's afghan in the nick of time as I can no longer get that color at the Walmart's around here.

Oh, sure like none of you have ever self medicated so you could do a little crocheting :lol My Walmart isn't carrying black anymore either :P...

Be careful with your finger. Do you have enough black cotton or do you still need more?

I think I will only need a few more skeins... I have enough to finish bordering all the squares, and sewing together - I just need yarn for the border that will go around the whole thing...

Heather, I was at my Walmart yesterday and they had the "sugar and cream" in black and I was wondering if that would work if you did all the edging with that instead of the "peaches and cream. Just a thought.

Heather, I was at my Walmart yesterday and they had the "sugar and cream" in black and I was wondering if that would work if you did all the edging with that instead of the "peaches and cream. Just a thought.

Your Walmart carries sugar & cream?! Lucky girl! You know, any black cotton would work...I just can't get any at all around here. The stores that had it when I started are all sold out with no plans of re-stocking. I've cleared out Michaels, Walmart, and Joanns :lol. None of them had very much, but I figured they would get more in. Boy was I wrong:P

Your Walmart carries sugar & cream?! Lucky girl! You know, any black cotton would work...I just can't get any at all around here. The stores that had it when I started are all sold out with no plans of re-stocking. I've cleared out Michaels, Walmart, and Joanns :lol. None of them had very much, but I figured they would get more in. Boy was I wrong:P

Yes, they clearanced the "peaches and cream" and replaced it with "sugar and cream." How many do you think you will need and let me see what I can come up with.

Welcome to all the new people. Sue, please send me an updated list before you leave on your cruise. Have a wonderful time. We will try not to get into too much trouble without you to keep us in line.

Sent! :D

Me too, I would like a new list, if it is not too much trouble :blush

Have lots of fun :hug

PM me your e-mail again. I didn't save it. :P

Oh, sure like none of you have ever self medicated so you could do a little crocheting :lol My Walmart isn't carrying black anymore either :P...

I think I will only need a few more skeins... I have enough to finish bordering all the squares, and sewing together - I just need yarn for the border that will go around the whole thing...

Let me know if you need more. Both my Walmarts are still carrying black.

Oh...Sue, have fun! We will miss you (and I'm sure your little cuties at home will too):turtle:cat

I'm going to try! There is a tropical storm out in the Atlantic, but on last check (5 minutes ago) its falling apart!! :cheer I'll miss you all too! :(

:turtle:vheart

I'm sorry to ask this since you are about to leave on your trip soon. But if you could please send me a new list before you leave I could use it! Thanks :).

For a price I will. :rofl

here are pictures of my last squares I recieved purple& white and the doggie bag is from Tammy, the purple is from her dd jamie I love the little doggie bag. and the pretty squares .

The varigated and white is from breeny beanie a very pretty square.

Thank you all

This so much fun to get these squares in the mail. I mailed a couple out today

post-72-1358975584_thumb.jpg

Sue - have tons of fun!

Evelyn - glad the square made it there and I hope it'll work for you.

Last night after packing all day I settled in for some crochet. My eyes were drooping and I put the crochet down to go to bed. When I stood up I had a square hanging at the end of my hair. I had crocheted my hair into it! LOL!!! What a goober I am!!! HAHA!!

I should have some more squares going out tomorrow. I'm loving doing them.

I promise to send the hairless ones.

Have a good evening all...off to :sleep

Good Morning Everyone, I'm up early and thought I'd check in before work. Once in awhile I can check in from work but not always. Hope all of you have a wonderful day. I think it's suppose to be another hot one here.

Yes, they clearanced the "peaches and cream" and replaced it with "sugar and cream." How many do you think you will need and let me see what I can come up with.

I think about 5 skeins ought to do it...I hate asking people to send me yarn - it makes me feel like a mooch :P

here are pictures of my last squares I recieved purple& white and the doggie bag is from Tammy, the purple is from her dd jamie I love the little doggie bag. and the pretty squares .

Thank you all

Those are so pretty!:cheer

Sue - have tons of fun!

Last night after packing all day I settled in for some crochet. My eyes were drooping and I put the crochet down to go to bed. When I stood up I had a square hanging at the end of my hair. I had crocheted my hair into it! LOL!!! What a goober I am!!! HAHA!!

:rofl:hook

I think about 5 skeins ought to do it...I hate asking people to send me yarn - it makes me feel like a mooch :P

You are not mooching :lol I asked. Besides you have enough to worry about right now. I will get them no later than this weekend and send them out. They had that many when I was there so I shouldn't have a problem.

Heather, I'm so excited. I remember there is a Walmart I go by on my way to work so I decided to stop this morning. They still had peaches and cream on clearance. I checked all over but I could only come up with 3 peaches and cream in black so I also got 5 sugar and cream and I will try and get them to the po tomorrow. One way or another it will be edged. :lol

Well darn I'm broke atm can I leave you an IOU :rofl.

Making a mental note of that IOU. :rofl

Thank you all

Very pretty!

Sue I hope you have a great time!! Not sure when your leaving with my luck I already miss ya.

We leave Friday! :cheer

Sue - have tons of fun!

Thanks! Square in your hair...:rofl

Mooch? You are one of the most generous people I know. Mooch, HA! :hug

Archived