Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Yeah same here I hate the fact that they get a bad rep because stupid pl use them for fighting purposes

I've never had a mean one.:dog

No not at all. Its SOOOOO soft and just slides on and off the hook. I'll send you some when I send the square

You are too kind!:hug If I fall in love :yarn, is there a place to order it online?

No...I didn't snap one before I gave it. It was a birthday gift and I was cutting it close. Sorry.

Well, from what I can see, it is gorgeous...how many different colors are in it?

And your puppy is adorable. Looks like our neighbor's pit. His name is Dozer. He comes to the fence and wants to come play with our doxies so bad. Wish i could let them have a play date but Lucy is partially paralyzed and can't do the run and jump play. She has a degenerative disk disease and sudden twists could set her back to fully paralyzed.

Poor baby!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many of you have contributed squares for my brother's ghan...I wanted to post a picture of the ones that I have so far all laid out. This is not the final placement, and I haven't edged them yet, but I think it's going to look great!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-6.jpg

I also wanted to share a picture of my latest wip...this CAL was my inspiration - playing with all these different squares!

This is all I have done so far, and I can't wait till my finger feels better so I can get back to it:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-10.jpg

Hi I'm new to crochetville. May I join your group?

Of course! As long as you're Erin's sister and not Melissa's. :rofl

On another thought, I went with my mom to start clearing out some of my aunts clothing and stuff......and guess what I was given????:eek:eek:eek:eek A PRADA bag.... a real one I literally squealed and hugged it. It is so pretty I am petting it like I pet yarn :lol I also got a fossil bag, tried to talk my mom out of the vera bradley bag but she wasnt going for it. It was the perfect size for a yarn tote :(.

Anyways I have tomorrow off work so I will be crocheting away at squares and running out to mail a few things

So that's what I heard. You squealing! :rofl

Good Morning everyone! Have a great day!

Good morning!

:turtle:vheart

So many of you have contributed squares for my brother's ghan...I wanted to post a picture of the ones that I have so far all laid out. This is not the final placement, and I haven't edged them yet, but I think it's going to look great!

I agree, it is going to look great!:yay

Hi I'm new to crochetville. May I join your group?

Hey, they took me in...so you're good to go! :lolWelcome!

On another thought, I went with my mom to start clearing out some of my aunts clothing and stuff......and guess what I was given????:eek:eek:eek:eek A PRADA bag....

GET OUTTA DODGE!!! SCORE! :cheer

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/002-10.jpg

Your bros ghan looks terrific!

What are you making the pink squares out of...cotton or acrylic? they look good.

Last night after packing and working around here I was so tired but wanted to crochet for a bit. I started on some scrubby bath mitts. I guess I zoned out and when I tried it on my hand I realized I had put 2 rows too many in the center. The thumb was down at my wrist. Durhhh!

Friends don't let friends hook while sleepy.

Glenda is the silliest of gooses! She sent me an underwater camera, banana bread and a roll of nickels for the slots! :rofl

You just know how to make someone's day! :hug

Glenda is the silliest of gooses! She sent me an underwater camera, banana bread and a roll of nickels for the slots! :rofl

Now that's a party!!!

Hope you have a rockin good time! :2rock

Thank you, Pat for my pretty square and Kalie's and the Little Pot Pal for Kalie. Been having a rough week and I got it yesterday and it sure picked me up.Now is the first chance I've gotten to get online and let you know how much I appreciate it! That was so thoughtful and nice!

THis site always boosts me up to see the generous hearts in action and I'm so glad I found this place!

:welcome friendlycompany!!

I have been so busy this week that I haven't gotten to make more squares, but anxious to start working on the list. Everyone have a great evening!

that is awesome, what a great travel/care package

Seeing all these squares people are getting is making me itch to get back to making them, but I MUST get a couple projects done before I leave. I can't wait to get back to the squares! I even bought another book of squares at HL yesterday! :cheer

Seeing all these squares people are getting is making me itch to get back to making them, but I MUST get a couple projects done before I leave. I can't wait to get back to the squares! I even bought another book of squares at HL yesterday! :cheer

Me too... I just went over the list of everyone in the CAL, and WOW! I thought I was doing pretty good at sending squares, but there are so many people I haven't sent to yet...I've got to get busy!:hook

Evening all............

Been one busy day!

started off with hubby taking me to get a manicure! oh how nice.

then off to my chiropractor to get my neck adjusted... and pick up my brace..... then over to get Patrick his sports physical........ down to the post office to mail off 12 packages with 14 squares in total. :whew.......... then on to late lunch at my daddy's favorite keno parlor where he went every Thursdays with his favorite group of buddies. We went there to celebrate my daddy's birthday today! I miss him so much I cant stand it! We played a few games of keno for him... and we won just enough to pay for lunch and the games we played. The whole lunch outting was free! We won on my daddy's numbers. It was just so perfect to know he was there.

Then home to have a piece of birthday cake to end our celebration. We're going to go to the cemetary tomorrow to take him balloons!

now time for a coffee refill...........finish up a candy wrapping order and crochet crochet...crochet! :hook

:heart

:mug

Evening all............

Been one busy day!

then off to my chiropractor to get my neck adjusted... and pick up my brace..... then over to get Patrick his sports physical........ down to the post office to mail off 12 packages with 14 squares in total. :whew.......... then on to late lunch at my daddy's favorite keno parlor where he went every Thursdays with his favorite group of buddies. We went there to celebrate my daddy's birthday today! I miss him so much I cant stand it! We played a few games of keno for him... and we won just enough to pay for lunch and the games we played. The whole lunch outting was free! We won on my daddy's numbers. It was just so perfect to know he was there.

Then home to have a piece of birthday cake to end our celebration. We're going to go to the cemetary tomorrow to take him balloons!

now time for a coffee refill...........finish up a candy wrapping order and crochet crochet...crochet! :hook

I am sorry your dad is gone but it sounds like a wonderful way to remember him.

......so you went to the chiropractor to work on your neck BUT MISSY WHAT ABOUT YOUR EYES?

I am sorry your dad is gone but it sounds like a wonderful way to remember him.

......so you went to the chiropractor to work on your neck BUT MISSY WHAT ABOUT YOUR EYES?

Eyes.................um............well.......... um........... did I mention we had birthday cake for my daddy! It was Marble cake........ YUM! :D

No ... actually......... my chiropracto said that if it doesnt get better in another week....... he wants to do an MRI.......... yuck!

Sorry I haven't been on much today... I'll try to get those squares out next friday. I've had a horriable day. My cats couldn't get to their litter box because a chair got pushed in front of it and they decided to use my tote that I keep my yarn stash in. :eek It was only on one side so I was able to get some of it out of there that got missed, but they got like at least 3 afghans worth of yarn.:( Thank goddness all of my squares were on my desk in the living room. and my stitch sampler. :yes So I'm a lil out of it today and trying not to take it out on my cats like I really want to. :lol

Evening all............

Been one busy day!

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your Dad's life! I'm sure he was smiling down on you! :hug

Eyes.................um............well.......... um........... did I mention we had birthday cake for my daddy! It was Marble cake........ YUM! :D

No ... actually......... my chiropracto said that if it doesnt get better in another week....... he wants to do an MRI.......... yuck!

Another week? Well, keep us posted. :hug

Sorry I haven't been on much today... I'll try to get those squares out next friday. I've had a horriable day. My cats couldn't get to their litter box because a chair got pushed in front of it and they decided to use my tote that I keep my yarn stash in. :eek It was only on one side so I was able to get some of it out of there that got missed, but they got like at least 3 afghans worth of yarn.:( Thank goddness all of my squares were on my desk in the living room. and my stitch sampler. :yes So I'm a lil out of it today and trying not to take it out on my cats like I really want to. :lol

Yuck! Can't blame the kitties. They were just doing what the had to. Too bad it was on your yarn!

Archived