Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Heather - hope your finger is better soon.

It's good to know I wasn't the only one having trouble with that square. I thought it was me.:lol I must have redone the first four or five rows a dozen times, but I was determined to do it, and I did. It seemed to look ok when I got done so I hope it works for you. It was mailed yesterday along with the extra cotton so you should have it soon.:mailbox

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In about an hour to be exact :lol I'm heading over to Michaels, then Walmart.

Figures it's the one on your face that will take the longest to heal...9-12 MONTHS?!?! :eek I will keep you in my prayers:hug

BTW: for those of you who don't know...Glenda has created a monster! She sent my daughters the most amazing package with yarn, crochet hooks, totes & paint/buttons to embellish...anyway, my ten year old has not stopped crocheting ever since!:hook She even tries to design her own patterns :eek Now she borrows my books, and puts yarn :yarn on the shopping list! Here's a pic of one of the squares that she made...

011.jpg

Glenda is so awesome! That's so great that your daughter is getting so involved....BUT you may have to lock up your yarn stash! her square is awesome!

Oh, you guys are too much. Stop with all this stuff, flattery will get you anything you want…..so…….what do you want??? LOL You all are the awesome ones, I just feel honored to be in the company of such awesomeness! I am so happy that she is loving crochet….she may give your mom a run for her money. In a few years she may be the next top designer in the crochet mags, and I can say I knew her when LOL!!!

That was me: Palms Square :hook

Today is "Moving Day" for us. So I might not be on here for a few days. (Don't know how long it will take to hook up internet at the new house... This town is weird...)

Tina, love that square. Thanks for the link, I have it saved.

Good luck on your move, that is a lot of work, I have helped my sister move 4 times!

I am great, you can hardly see the scar on my hand, but the one on my face is going to take a while, the doc said 9 to 12 months.

Sorry it will take so long for the one on your face to heal but good to know you are doing well.

thank you for all the comments about my sisters comfortghan. i cant wait to get it done. i think shes really going to like it. and the palm square is cute inst it?? that was momwithamotif.... :rofl i never type her username right for some reason. i hope everyone is having a good day

BTW: for those of you who don't know...Glenda has created a monster! She sent my daughters the most amazing package with yarn, crochet hooks, totes & paint/buttons to embellish...anyway, my ten year old has not stopped crocheting ever since!:hook She even tries to design her own patterns :eek Now she borrows my books, and puts yarn :yarn on the shopping list! Here's a pic of one of the squares that she made...

Great job! Glenda does like to spoil us! :hug Glad you're doing better Glenda!!

Today is "Moving Day" for us. So I might not be on here for a few days. (Don't know how long it will take to hook up internet at the new house... This town is weird...)

I hope the move goes well. :hug

:turtle:vheart

I'm sorry to hear about your finger Heather and I'm sorry to hear about the healing process for you Glenda I hope it goes well for you. Still was not able to get the package yet :(. And now I'm just itching to figure out what it is. I hope everyone is having a good day.

That is so awesome! I know you are thrilled for her! Kalie made 1 square (just a regular granny square) and then gave up. I think she got discouraged because she is only here every 2nd weekend during the summer. (her father and I have joint custody) I get her during the school season. But maybe she will pick backup sometime later.

Well, I hope she gives it another try...My youngest daughter is that way a bit...she will pick it up sometimes, then get frustrated and won't pick it back up for a while...she's making a granny square right now for my friendship-ghan out of pink variegated yarn.

Heather - hope your finger is better soon.

It's good to know I wasn't the only one having trouble with that square. I thought it was me.:lol I must have redone the first four or five rows a dozen times, but I was determined to do it, and I did. It seemed to look ok when I got done so I hope it works for you. It was mailed yesterday along with the extra cotton so you should have it soon.:mailbox

You are absolutely not the only one who had difficulty!

Thank you everyone for your concern about my finger...it will probably be feeling well enough to crochet again in a few days...I can't wait - I have so many projects going that I am dying to get back to...

I'm sorry to hear about your finger Heather and I'm sorry to hear about the healing process for you Glenda I hope it goes well for you. Still was not able to get the package yet :(. And now I'm just itching to figure out what it is. I hope everyone is having a good day.

I think I know what it is :lol

That is so awesome! I know you are thrilled for her! Kalie made 1 square (just a regular granny square) and then gave up. I think she got discouraged because she is only here every 2nd weekend during the summer. (her father and I have joint custody) I get her during the school season. But maybe she will pick backup sometime later.

Maybe too when she starts getting squares in for her ghan she'll be encouraged to pick it up!

I'm taking a couple weeks off from making squares while I finish my Mom's birthday gifts, then the cruise, then the super duper special TLC tote for next month! Its the 1st anniversary for me giving away totes so I'm making a special one. Everyone will be eligible to enter for a drawing for it! :cheer

Maybe too when she starts getting squares in for her ghan she'll be encouraged to pick it up!

I'm taking a couple weeks off from making squares while I finish my Mom's birthday gifts, then the cruise, then the super duper special TLC tote for next month! Its the 1st anniversary for me giving away totes so I'm making a special one. Everyone will be eligible to enter for a drawing for it! :cheer

Yay :clap! I love totes and you make some really cute ones :manyheart!

howdy all....

I've got a few squares to go out tomorrow. I'm trying to get some WIP's out of the way by the end of the month. I have a huge list before I start for the Christmas season....too bad I have to work!

Today is my last day at work, I will miss everyone but will not miss the 2 hour drive per day. Thursday I start my new job in town.

Yay :clap! I love totes and you make some really cute ones :manyheart!

Aww! You are so sweet, unlike your buddy. :rofl

howdy all....

I've got a few squares to go out tomorrow. I'm trying to get some WIP's out of the way by the end of the month. I have a huge list before I start for the Christmas season....too bad I have to work!

Today is my last day at work, I will miss everyone but will not miss the 2 hour drive per day. Thursday I start my new job in town.

Good luck with the new job and shorter commute! :clap

:jumpyay:woo:bow

lol I love your totes can't wait to see it!! I hope you have an amazing time on the cruise be sure to take a bunch of pictures!! I wanna see! :lol

:( I see how it is.....:eek

Well you know what Sue?? HUH?!!?

:nahnah:tryme:box:yell:blah:kick:rant:sofunny:neener

:sweat

:lol:rofl just kidding I know ya love me. :hook:hug

I love ya almost as much as my yarn. Almost. :sofunny

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't wait. Count me in, :elle:dreaming

howdy all....

Best of luck with your new job.

I'll give you gals a sneak peek at the anniversary tote. This is my test of the pattern. I made it into a square and sent it to Tonya. She was told to keep it a secret...until now. :lol

post-28075-135897555618_thumb.jpg

I'll give you gals a sneak peek at the anniversary tote. This is my test of the pattern. I made it into a square and sent it to Tonya. She was told to keep it a secret...until now. :lol

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

Sue, I can't wait to see the tote. You are so sweet :hug Keeping secrets are we :devil Glad we get the sneak peek :yay

[ATTACH]24273[/ATTACH]

CUTE!!! I love that!!

Archived