Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

I finished the knitted dishcloth that I was working on...I'm off to Michaels today to get yarn for the other two knitted ones that I need to make to complete my dishcloth sets. I also found some potholders that I would like to make...so many patterns, so little time...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tam - That's another great pattern by Julee! You did a beautiful job.

Howdy gals! I hope you're all doing well. I haven't had any dishcloth time lately. :( I've had other pressing projects. Hopefully I can work on some soon though. :yes

I'm just excited no matter what we do hehe, it's always more fun to make washcloths for someone else

Is surprise swap the game you all just did?

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for posting that poll to help us decide what thing to do next . That was a good idea !

Hope we can get started soon -

And Heather --good job on all the items you are completing. I have 2 kniited dishcloths started now- working on 2 at once, because O got some of the self-striping yarn and wanted to see how it'd come out .

I have 2 kniited dishcloths started now- working on 2 at once, because O got some of the self-striping yarn and wanted to see how it'd come out .

Now that's multi-tasking :lol How do you like the yarn?

I'm knitting a dishcloth...but its slow going!

My knitting is always slow going...plus, the cable pattern that I am working on is not working for a dishcloth. It's my fault - I tried to use a scarf pattern and turn it into a dishcloth, but it's going to end up rectangular...very rectangular, so I am either going to frog it or actually make a scarf - haven't decided.

I found I get knit a dishcloth in under 5 hours! That is a record for me. I am working on a bunch of dishcloths for christmas presents, will post a pic soon!

5 hours!?!?! That is amazing...it takes me at least double that :blush

I found I get knit a dishcloth in under 5 hours! That is a record for me. I am working on a bunch of dishcloths for christmas presents, will post a pic soon!

Wow, you are fast Lilly...it takes me that long to crochet one :D

Here's what my cabled dishcloth looks like so far - right now it's square, but once I complete the cable pattern rep, it will be a rectangle...do you think it would look bad to stop where I'm at with an incomplete pattern rep, and crochet a border? It goes against my nature to that...but I don't think I will be happy with a rectangle either. Maybe I will just frog it?!

post-15073-135897560985_thumb.jpg

Here's what my cabled dishcloth looks like so far - right now it's square, but once I complete the cable pattern rep, it will be a rectangle...do you think it would look bad to stop where I'm at with an incomplete pattern rep, and crochet a border? It goes against my nature to that...but I don't think I will be happy with a rectangle either. Maybe I will just frog it?!

[ATTACH]25074[/ATTACH]

That's beautiful!!! You could just take out enough rows to get you to just past where your last cable cross over happened. That would make it about even. It really is a beautiful pattern and the yarn really compliments it.

Here's a pattern that only takes me an 1.5 hours or so to complete: Mitered Dish Cloth Pattern. I put a crocheted border on mine. If anyone wants to know how I put the loop in it feel free to pm me.

post-4632-135897561014_thumb.jpg

Julee

:sun .......... Good Morning kids..............

How are you all?

I'm doing okay... still struggling a bit with my neck... but one day at a time... right?!

We ordered a dumpster a few days ago and this weekend we started purging! We have one of my boys closet and the hall closet and the upstairs will be DONE. Then its onto the main floor for some serious tossing!!!

Yesterday a "Kitchen Swap" was posted here on the 'ville..... So I'm not sure if you kids still want to do something here in our little CAL. Let me know whatcha think.

Love the dishcloths Heather and Julee! Beautiful work!!!

:heart

:mug

Hi Julee

Thanks for the mitered square dishcloth pattern. I am going to give it a try too. It sounds easy,but we shall see. I'm pretty much a beginner level knitter,but this one sounds do-able .

It's very pretty .

Tam -

I'm up for whatever you choose to do .If you'd rather just let everyone sign up for the other swap (if they want to ), it's fine with me. But if you would like to have something else in here,that sounds good too .

Last time I checked the survey thing in here, the mystery swap was winning the race !

HOPE YOUR POOR NECK FEELS BETTER SOON .

That's beautiful!!! You could just take out enough rows to get you to just past where your last cable cross over happened. That would make it about even. It really is a beautiful pattern and the yarn really compliments it.

Here's a pattern that only takes me an 1.5 hours or so to complete: Mitered Dish Cloth Pattern. I put a crocheted border on mine. If anyone wants to know how I put the loop in it feel free to pm me.

[ATTACH]25081[/ATTACH]

Julee

Thanks for the tip Julee - btw: I really like the mitered dish cloth - and your pineapple parfait too...they are gorgeous!

[ATTACH]25074[/ATTACH]

I think it is very pretty!

[ATTACH]25081[/ATTACH]

Julee

It turned out great! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

:sun .......... Good Morning kids..............

How are you all?

I'm doing okay... still struggling a bit with my neck... but one day at a time... right?!

We ordered a dumpster a few days ago and this weekend we started purging! We have one of my boys closet and the hall closet and the upstairs will be DONE. Then its onto the main floor for some serious tossing!!!

Yesterday a "Kitchen Swap" was posted here on the 'ville..... So I'm not sure if you kids still want to do something here in our little CAL. Let me know whatcha think.

Love the dishcloths Heather and Julee! Beautiful work!!!

:heart

:mug

I would try to join in if you still do something!

Archived