Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been playing with how I want to package my dishcloths for gifts and/or craft fairs. I have seen a few ideas online, but I think I like this one best. It's folded in half, then in thirds. I have a ton of grosgrain ribbon left over from my cardmaking days and most likely have a match for any of the dishcloths I have done so far. This is just another hdc dishcloth using Bernat Handicrafter. The colorway is "In Motion".......again...I just don't get the color names. LOL

post-25359-135897554674_thumb.jpg

Finished two up :)

I attached two photos yay!

The turkey pattern is here: Turkey Pattern at Sugar n Cream

Peaches n Creme yarn used

The mitered pattern is here: Mitered Dishcloth Pattern

Lily Sugar n Cream stripes used

I can't get the second link to load at the moment, but I was just there last night so maybe the site's having some trouble.

The turkey gets mailed to my mother in law, the mitered one gets stuck in a box to give her at Christmas.

Love 'em!

Here is my first try at a hexagon dishcloth

Such pretty colors - I like it!

I have been playing with how I want to package my dishcloths for gifts and/or craft fairs. I have seen a few ideas online, but I think I like this one best. It's folded in half, then in thirds. I have a ton of grosgrain ribbon left over from my cardmaking days and most likely have a match for any of the dishcloths I have done so far. This is just another hdc dishcloth using Bernat Handicrafter. The colorway is "In Motion".......again...I just don't get the color names. LOL

Looks nice! I hope you sell a bundle!

Patti, I sorta do that too. I fold them in thirds and then in half~like a hand towel. I'll stack three that way and then wrap in a ribbon like a present~so the ribbon covers four sides. Yours is BEAUTIFUL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA I really like that mitered dishcloth pattern!

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone! We are having a beautiful morning with no humidity. It is so nice to be breathing fresh air with the windows open and not have the AC on! Hope everyone has a great day!

:sun ............ Good Afternoon kids...........

How is everyone today?

I'm so sorry for not being more consistant with being on the thread here... its been a bit busy at my house .......... Summer Baseball ending.... Football & Wrestling practing going on.... Fall Baseball getting ready to start... and everyday living.

I have received dishcloths from EVERYONE that signed up to play.

I will be drawing a name later this evening........ taking pictures for all to drual over... and get the box ready for the mail.

Here is my first try at a hexagon dishcloth.....actually first ever hexagon anything. I LOVE IT!!! Great job!! I definitely should have counted the stitches after the shaping round because I know a couple of the sides are a little uneven. Overall, though, I am fairly happy with it. :)

Finished two up :)

I attached two photos yay! OMGoodness...........those are too cute!!!

The turkey pattern is here: Turkey Pattern at Sugar n Cream

Peaches n Creme yarn used

The mitered pattern is here: Mitered Dishcloth Pattern

Lily Sugar n Cream stripes used

I can't get the second link to load at the moment, but I was just there last night so maybe the site's having some trouble.

The turkey gets mailed to my mother in law, the mitered one gets stuck in a box to give her at Christmas.

I have been playing with how I want to package my dishcloths for gifts and/or craft fairs. I have seen a few ideas online, but I think I like this one best. It's folded in half, then in thirds. I have a ton of grosgrain ribbon left over from my cardmaking days and most likely have a match for any of the dishcloths I have done so far. This is just another hdc dishcloth using Bernat Handicrafter. Oh... LOVE it! so pretty and love the ribbon!!! The colorway is "In Motion".......again...I just don't get the color names. LOL

Here is our list of players and who I have recieved from:

Me

Sue - thank you for the extra goodies for me!!!! :hug

Cindy

Nicole - what a sweetheart you are.... thank you for the little something just for me!!!!

Sharon

Jennifer

Cindy

Rene' - Wow..... thank you so much for the extras for me! :hug!!!!!!! They are PERFECT!

Julie

Judy

Heather

Sandi - you are so sweet! I cant make up my mind which one... LOL

Thank you so much everyone for playing along.

This has been a blast!

Would you all like to play another game?

Yes? No? Soon? Not yet?

:heart

:mug

:hi

:sunI have another idea for a game later on down the road for us to play.

Waiting to find out what your next game will be :)

:sun

This has been a blast!

Yes:D? No? Soon:D? Not yet?

Rene' - Wow..... thank you so much for the extras for me! :hug!!!!!!! They are PERFECT! Your Welcome, Glad you liked it

Very Pretty

I think that looks beautiful- simple and classy!

This has been a blast!

Yes? No? Soon? Not yet?

:cheerThis has been incredibly fun, and I would LOVE to play again...what is your next idea?! I can't wait to get started on some new patterns...:cheer

I can't wait to see who wins! :cheer

I'm up for another game! But can't do anything until after the cruise. I have my Mom's birthday next week. I have a lapghan over 1/2 done and 1 pillow done. I need to make 1 more pillow and finish the lapghan.

I want to share pictures and a THANK YOU to Tina for these:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-5.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/004-3.jpg

Aren't they great?!?!

I'm so jealous! I want to learn to picture knit so bad!! Me and knitting needles just don't get along. :lol

:turtle:vheart

I'm so jealous! I want to learn to picture knit so bad!! Me and knitting needles just don't get along. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Maybe you need to try another "style" of knitting? I couldn't do it either, till I went on YouTube and found the "throw" method. I'm still a beginner, and slow, but I can knit:D

I also treated myself to bamboo needles - the yarn doesn't slip off like on the metal needles.

I want to share pictures and a THANK YOU to Tina for these:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/003-5.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/004-3.jpg

Aren't they great?!?!

Beautiful!! Love knitted cloths:yes

I can't wait to see who wins!

Me too!!!!!

I'm so jealous! I want to learn to picture knit so bad!! Me and knitting needles just don't get along

It's taken me a really long time, but I am finally able to do simple patterns...check out youtube...there are some really great tutorials. I also have some bamboo needles...love them. Also, try learning with big needles & bulky yarn - it's much easier.

Archived