dollar tree...

dollar tree used to have the fun fur skeins. not criticizing fun fur, just isn't my thing. well today i was running errands and stopped at the dollar tree and they are carrying some of caron's yarn :D. 2 oz skeins. pretty colors. i was good and resisted the temptation (must finish ufo's before they carry me off to their planet :eek). thought i'd share w/ others though in case you need more stash :D :D

sandy

Thank you for the heads up! I'll have to check our local Dollar Tree and see what they've got there. The last time I was in there (right after Thanksgiving) they had a bin full of Paton's yarns, but they were all fuzzy, specialty-type yarns and eyelash yarns. Just because I can't resist yarn at $1 a skein I bought 40 of the, (20 fuzzy - 10 each of 2 different shades of brown) and 20 white eyelash. I wish our Dollar Tree would carry some regular yarn. Hopefully, when I get to check it out on Wednesday, they'll have the Caron yarn here! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the heads-up! It has been a while since our Dollar Tree has carried yarn, also, but they used to have the really nice Paton's yarns. Maybe I will have to swing by after I drop off dd to school tomorrow. :devil

:wooI found some! I had checked my dollar tree down the street after seeing the first post here, but no luck. Today I was in a different part of town and stopped at another dollar tree and found a bunch of yarn! They had the 2oz caron in some unusual colors and I ended up buying Caron Fling yarn in some great colors. It amazes me how different dollar trees in the same city can carry totally different stuff! so for anyone who has check and been disappointed, be sure to check any other that might be close by. This was the 4th store I had tried

I bought some baby yarn there a few months ago - it was like $4 in the stores so I thought it was a great deal. I just couldn't use it - too furry for me - I'm too much of a novice. I'll have to look into this Caron stuff - what type of yarn is it?

I bought some baby yarn there a few months ago - it was like $4 in the stores so I thought it was a great deal. I just couldn't use it - too furry for me - I'm too much of a novice. I'll have to look into this Caron stuff - what type of yarn is it?

They have many differnt kinds. The worsted weight is very soft though and I like to use it when I can.

Archived