Sweetie Pie 3pc sweater set for 5" Lots to love doll

beckyb

Finally got the pattern written out, :clap

The one in pink is done in #3 crochet thread, the green is done in Lustersheen

(pictures below)

Sweetie Pie 3 pc Sweater Set for 5” Lots to Love Baby doll

Materials for sweater and footed pants

Lustersheen (this was Luster Sheen by J&P Coats, cable twist that I found in some stuff I had stashed, not sure if the Red Heart is the same) or size 3 crochet thread

Hook size 1/ 2.75mm stainless steel

Yarn needle

2 small buttons

2 small snaps

Materials for Top

Size 10 crochet thread

Scrap of sweater/pants thread for bow (or decorate with button)

1 small snap

Hook size 8/ 1.50mm stainless steel

Yarn needle

Small amount of Fabri-Tac glue or Fraycheck (for ends of bow and to help tack down bow on front of top)

Sweater

Row 1; Chain 21 loosely, 2sc in 2nd chain from hook and across. ( 40 st) chain 1( here and throughout on sweater yoke, does not count as a stitch), turn

Row 2; sc across (40 st) chain 1, turn

Row 3; sc in next 6 sc, chain 8, skip next 8 sc, sc in 9th sc from last sc and next 11 (12 sc) , chain 8, skip 8 sc, sc in 9th sc from last sc and next 5 (6sc) (24 sc , 16ch = 40 stitches)

Chain 1, turn

Row 4; sc in each sc and chain space across (40 st) chain 1. turn

Row 5; sc across (40st) Chain 3 and turn.

You should try the sweater on your doll at this point ,you want it to be loose on your doll and with enough overlap in front for your snaps.

Row 6; 2 dc in first sc ( chain 3 and 2 dc count as 3 dc, this will be overlapped by the otherside with a full shell) , *skip 1 sc, sc in next, skip 1sc, 5dc in next sc, repeat from * 8 more times, now we have to fudge it a little, so after the last shell skip 2 sc instead of the 1 (should be the last stitch of row). (58 st )

Chain 3, turn.

Row 7; 2dc in last sc of previous row( chain 3 and 2 dc counts as 3 dc), *sc in 3rd dc, 5 dc in next sc space, repeat from * 8 more times, ending in sc in top of chain 3. (58 st)

Row 8; Chain3, turn, repeat row 7, chain 1 then sc up the front of sweater ( back up to the neckline, this will give a nicer finish to the front and is also the right side (or outside)of sweater.

Now for the sleeves, with the right side (outside) facing you

Row 1; attach with slip stitch in middle of underarm, chain 1, (you will have 7 stitches in underarm) sc across the bottom, when you get to the side do 1 hdc, 10 dc in top, 1 hdc in side, sc across and join with slip stitch to first sc (19 stitches) Do not turn work for the rest of the sleeve, working in rounds.

Row 2; chain 1, sc in ea sc, hdc in ea hdc, dc in each dc. Join w/sl st in 1st sc

Row 3; chain 2 (counts as 1st dc), dc around (19 st), join w/sl st in top of chain 2

Row 4; repeat row 3

Row 5; chain 1, sc in first dc, sc 2sc together 9 times, (10 st) join w/ slip stitch to 1st sc. FO

Hood

Row 1; With right side (outside) facing you in 5th sc of neckline attach with slip stitch and chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in same stitch, 2 dc in next 13 sc (28 st) (should be 4 sc left undone)

Row 2; chain 3,turn (counts as 1st dc), dc in next 27 dc (28 st)

Row 3-7 repeat row 2

At end of row 7, chain 1 (You will work a shell stitch in this later), matching up stitches with the right sides together, slip stitch across top (14 sl st) FO

Brim

With the right side (outside) facing you, attach with slip stitch as close to the neckline as you can and thru stitching, 5 dc in next dc space, sc in next dc space, repeat 7 more times ( at the top of brim use the chain 1 space for your shell st), ending with a sc as close to neckline as you can and thru stitching, FO.

Weave in all ends, sew buttons on the outside front yoke (with sweater facing you, sew them on the left hand side) and snaps on the inside fronts.

Should overlap enough so the bottom shell overlaps the half shell stitches.

Footed pants

Legs – Make 2

Row 1; Chain 6, sc in 2nd chain from hook and next 3 chains, work 3 hdc in last chain. Working on opposite side sc in next 3 chains, 2 sc in last ch. (12 sts)

Row 2; Sc in next 4 (marking your first stitch with a stitch marker in rows 2 thru 6), 2 hdc in each of the next 3 hdc, sc in last 5 sc. (15 sts)

Row 3; 2 sc in first sc, sc in next 6, 2sc in next sc, sc in next 5, 2 sc in next sc, 1sc in last sc (18 st)

Row 4-5; sc around

Row 6; Sc in next 4 sc, sc 2 together 5 times, sc in next 4 (13 sc)

Row 7; join with slip stitch to 1st sc of row 6, chain 3, dc in same stitch as chain 3, * dc in next sc, 2 dc in next , * around, join w/sl st at top of chain 3 (20 dc)

Row 8 – 10; Chain 3, dc around (20 dc)

FO at end of row 10

Row 1; Put legs together making sure feet are facing the same direction, (working from back to front) match up where you finished off at the back of legs, join them with slip stitch in the 3rd space from the finished off point, sc in same stitch and in the next 4 (5 sc), chain 3, dc in same stitch as last sc on left hand side, dc in next 15 stitches, 2 dc in same stitch as first sc of crotch, 2 dc on next leg in same space as first sc of crotch, dc in next 15 stitches, 2dc in last stitch, join w/sl st in top of chain 3 (38 st)

Row 2-4; dc around, join w/sl st in top of chain 3

Row 5; chain 1, sc in next 8 st, hdc 2 together 11 times, sc in next 8, join w/sl stitch, (27st) FO

Weave in ends.

Row 1; Chain 29 ( I used my bigger hook for the chain stitches only, it made it easier to do 2 sc in each this way), (with smaller hook) 2 sc in 2nd chain from hook, and each of the remaining chains ( 56 st) , chain 1, turn

Row 2; sc in sc across, chain 1, turn

Row 3; sc in each of the next 8 sc, chain 7, skip next 12sc, sc in each of the next 16sc, chain 7, skip 12sc, sc in each of next 8 sc, (46 st) Chain 1, turn

Row 4; sc in ea sc and chain sp across, chain 1, turn

Row 5; Sc in next 15 st, * 2sc in next, 1sc in next * 8 times, sc in next 15, chain 1, turn (54 st)

Row 6-9; sc across, chain 1, turn

Row 10; sc across, chain 3, turn

Row 11; sc in 1st sc st, *chain 3, sc in next * across, at end of row chain 1 and sc up the back edge (just gives a nicer finish to the back, should be the left hand side, with right side out, as you look at the back of top) FO

Weave in all ends, attach snap at top back. With scrap thread from sweater, attach at center front of top between rows 2 and 3 and make bow. I put a little Fabri-tac glue underneath the bow, just to keep it from coming untied and at the ends to keep from fraying.

This outfit should fit a little loose so it’s easier for little fingers to dress their dolls.

If you run into to any errors or problems, please pm me so I can fix it.

I hope you enjoy this pattern, my granddaughter loves it!!!

This is my original design. Feel free to make as many as you like for gifts or to sell but give credit to me as the designer. Please don’t sell the pattern or claim it as your own. Thank you

Becky Bangert 2010

The blue is the original one I did (just winged it as I went along)

post-28494-135897492499_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897492504_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897492508_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897492511_thumb.jpg

post-28494-135897492515_thumb.jpg

Edited by beckyb
note
  • Thanks 1

My goodness, how cute!!! I ordered 5 of those cute little dollies. I had planned on making all kinds of clothes for the dolls so my granddaughters would have something to play with when here visiting........well, in steel crochet hooks, I have to go up a size(I crochet rather loose), and my eyes and fingers don't want to work with the crochet thread. I still have one doll that needs her other slipper, and the other 4 dolls are still in their birthday suits!!:blush :blush Ooops, almost forgot, thanx for the really neat patterns!!(Maybe I can handle lustersheen):lol :lol :hook

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...