Edited to Include Graph - Graphed Flames Potholder

fran

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becky, I used a regular hook but, with 40 stitches on it, wrapped a rubber band around the end so they wouldn't slip off. All of my other graph work has been on afghans using afghan hooks. I don't have any afghan hooks that are an F which is the size I used for the potholder. Don't know if they make them that small. They do come in G.

That is so neat! Goodness knows I could of used one of those. I am guilty of catching the kitchen on fire (yes LITERALLY) when I first got married. I was never taught to cook, and kind of umm... did something you are not supossed to do. Learned my lesson but good! Lol.

With F or G hook chain 41. Continue in afghan stitch, following graph:

Brown squares=red, red squares=orange, yellow squares-yellow

FlamesScan.jpg

I stopped at the black line since the afghan stitch is taller than it is wide and I wanted a square potholder. If you use a different stitch, you may want to make the original graph design.

For better insulation (and to hide the back of the work) make a black square out of the same yarn and sc it to the back of the potholder.

Thank you! Now if I can just figure out how to do a chart without going crazy. I tried doing it where you carry the other color thru the current stitches, but that seems to only work on 1 side or something like that. Help!!!

Archived