2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed last week, but this week I have a couple of points to record. I busted two small balls crocheting yo-yos. Wow!;) One more point and I will be out of the minuses.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: -1

Next week I will have at least +4 more, since tomorrow night I will be gifting a skein to a friend and giving her back the skein of dark olive ('cause I hate that color). Will report the points next week.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: -1 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Missed last week, but this week I have a couple of points to record. I busted two small balls crocheting yo-yos. Wow!;) One more point and I will be out of the minuses.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: -1

Next week I will have at least +4 more, since tomorrow night I will be gifting a skein to a friend and giving her back the skein of dark olive ('cause I hate that color). Will report the points next week.

:cheer:cheerWe'll get to do the YTD positive dance soon!!!

I'm putting in my totals now, so that I don't forget!

I managed to get through one skein this week, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +31

:c9:clap

I've used up another skein for a grand total of 6 points so far. I hope to bust through another skein tonight.

:manyheart

Since my last report, I've turned another 2 skeins into balls. This afghan is definitely going to take up a huge amount of my stash.... I love this! It's going to be absolutely hideous but its not going in for a beauty contest!

another +2 for me....

Another good week for me! Used up two skeins and some small balls, for a weekly total of:

score for week ending 7/24/2010: +9

I'm really happy I finally finished a big blanket (photos to come in the blanket show and tell thread) this week; it took about 3 weeks to make all the squares and sew them together. I'm ready to move on to another project! Patty

Finished my afghan and rolled another skein into a ball for a WTD +3, YTD -4. I can taste that positive ytd score!

I need to update my score. I made myself a little bag to carry my shampoo and stuff to the Y in and I used up two skeins of Sugar and cream yarn. So that's 4 more points for me! Horray.

WTD=+11 YTD=-3

Good news and bad news:

Good news:

--I went to AC Moore :cheer

--I was introduced to the mill ends pile :cheer

--I got lots of pretty yarn!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Bad news:

--My Stashbusting work went out the window when I saw all that pretty yarn! BUT....I can truly say I needed every single bit of it....sorta....

Without further adieu:

-2 balls of thread = -2

-2 skeins of non-mill yarn = -4

-1 16oz bag of mill cotton yarn I can certainly use to make more washcloths! = -2 (or do I consider that two skeins?)

Total: -8

Add that to my weekly progress of +5, and I come up with a grand total of

WTD: -3

:( YARN!!!

I ended up using up 7 skeins of yarn working on my sweater this week. THEN I decided to go shopping today...and ended up buying 16 skeins for a couple projects I need to start.

WTD -18

YTD -58

-1 16oz bag of mill cotton yarn I can certainly use to make more washcloths! = -2 (or do I consider that two skeins?)

To stay balanced, you need to count it coming in the way you will going out. Will you count is as +2 when you use it, or will you call it two skeins then?

Medal Winners for the Week.

Pineknott +39 Gold Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Cllinda +11 Silver Medal Winner!:clap:clap:clap

DesertCrocheter +9 Bronze Medal!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Great Job, Medal Winners! Keep up the Good Work!

Using up that yarn::yarn

fc1123 +5:cheer

DragonPuck +4:cheer

Ellie13 +4:cheer

gshall +3:cheer

Marzee +2:cheer

PBLKNP +2:cheer

BigPinkPolkaDot +2:cheer

Holding Steady

QuietHeart 0:yay

Yarn Geek 0:yay

BasJordan 0:yay

New yarn to play in:

Lady Rebel -3:cheer

And our "Shoot the Moon" winner this week is our very own Braxxi with a score of -18! Congratulations!:cheer:clap:cheerEnjoy that Yarn!

What a terrific week of stashbusting! Congratulations to Everyone! Keep those hands Busy this week!:cheer:cheer:cheer

I hope it was ok that I posted the scores. I just had some free time waiting for laundry, so I just did the scorekeeping this week. Congratulations, Everyone.

Archived