2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

DBF feeds my habit sometimes, just before Christmas he went to Walmart for pie crusts, he bakes:manyheart, and came back with a set of 4 size 3 DPNs and a skein of purple yarn because he remembered me mentioning that I didn't have any DPNs at half past two in the morning like a week before. And my favorite colour is purple.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DBF feeds my habit sometimes, just before Christmas he went to Walmart for pie crusts, he bakes:manyheart, and came back with a set of 4 size 3 DPNs and a skein of purple yarn because he remembered me mentioning that I didn't have any DPNs at half past two in the morning like a week before. And my favorite colour is purple.

What a keeper! :manyheart

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +7

Busted one very small ball, +1, of a magenta/purplish/burgundy color, bulky, (more yo yo's) and untangled a partial skein of pink and rolled it into a ball +1.

I have had the greatest time reading the posts of the last few days! First time trips to JoAnn and Michael's, DBF who can't be beat, organized stash of 400+ skeins, +106 YTD in February, sneaking skeins past DH,.... And 5'X6' ds sc afghan of death and insanity:rofl . I just so get that one; the 4'X6' Rectangular Granny is driving me to distraction. I've got to finish it soon as, with spring fast approaching here (too bad you guys back east :2snow), it is getting too warm to "wear" while working on it.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +7

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Thanks for offering to do the scorekeeping, I used to be really good with stuff like that but since the health problems things like that can be difficult, so thanks.

Girls here is the way you get 400+ skeins of yarn. You order it from online and then when it is delivered you put it away before he gets home. Sneaky I know but even when he does find out he is okay with it, he is a real keeper and that is after 21 years of marriage.

I am going to do my totals early is that okay? We are headed out of town tomorrow despite the massive amount of snow we are suppose to get so I will put my totals in tomorrow before I go. Our daughter will be home but I don't want to depend on her doing it or it won't get done. College kids I've found have so many things on their minds that it is difficult to get them to remember to eat! Anwway, can't wait to post my first totals. I've got a good start on a baby afghan and I just finished a ring box for my son, plus I'm starting on an outfit for a new baby boy and an afghan for my daughter. That should be enough to keep me busy for at least a little while. LOL

aphelia, I hope you are having a wonderful time! I hope you find some nice yarn, too!!!

sdeepthinker, if you win shoot the moon, but don't feel comfortable with scorekeeping, I'll do it for you. Just remind me.

I used three more balls on the scrap tote. My WTD is +8, my YTD is -8. I'm down to single digits! :dance

2 skeins on hats for boxing day cal

aphellia where are you now?

We're in Monterey... Soon leaving for Solvang! :D

Good job on the stashbusting... I hope someone else also have bought some yarn??? I don't want to be alone on the negative... ;) This is my lowest score ever... :P

Yay,finally zero'd out my YTD, to bad I'm going yarn shopping tonight, since I need a bunch for the jacket I want to do for the crochet games. Oh, well, at least there's an immediate plan for the incoming yarn, I just have to be strong and not succumb to tempting colors and textures.

Went to Joann's last night with a 40% coupon in my hand ready to buy a yarn ball winder so I could turn my scraps into balls and be on the positive time for once. Well I get there and they don't have the one I want in stock. BUT they had my favorite yarn on sale so I bought 4 skiens.

However, I did finish a skein on the baby blanket I have bee workin on so I am at

WTD - 6 YTD - 51

Okay since this is my first time at posting please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on my totals. I finished 2 skeins in the afghan I started so +4; I also finished 2 balls in the ring box I made, and I also rolled a blue ball from the blue in it so that is +3 so that gives me a total of +7 for the week I think.

WTD-+7

Went to Joann's last night with a 40% coupon in my hand ready to buy a yarn ball winder so I could turn my scraps into balls and be on the positive time for once. Well I get there and they don't have the one I want in stock. BUT they had my favorite yarn on sale so I bought 4 skiens.

However, I did finish a skein on the baby blanket I have bee workin on so I am at

WTD - 6 YTD - 51

What is your favourite yarn? Just curious... ;)

Okay since this is my first time at posting please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on my totals. I finished 2 skeins in the afghan I started so +4; I also finished 2 balls in the ring box I made, and I also rolled a blue ball from the blue in it so that is +3 so that gives me a total of +7 for the week I think.

WTD-+7

Looks right to me!

Yay,finally zero'd out my YTD, to bad I'm going yarn shopping tonight, since I need a bunch for the jacket I want to do for the crochet games. Oh, well, at least there's an immediate plan for the incoming yarn, I just have to be strong and not succumb to tempting colors and textures.

Hooray! Time for the YTD positive dance! Everybody join in!!!:cheer:clap:hug:yay:jumpyay:woo:dance:bounce:2spin:2rock:applause:ducky:elle:tdance

WTD +1 YTD +3Finished a ball working on my fingerless gloves. I only have 3 fingers and the thumb to finish. First time I've worked on something like this and I'm proud of them, even though I know others out there who are more accomplished than I. I'll post a picture once they are done- assuming I can figure out how to post a picture!

Archived